Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, November 15, 2006

SAFELY HOME - GO REST HIGH
This has been some very diffucult news for me. I have cried. I have cried because I know exactly what Diana is going through. Loosing a father... there are no words to describe what it feels like. I am not good with words anyway...
When my Dad passed away, Tony's sister gave me this beautiful framed poem, Safely Home, today, I want to share this poem for my dear friend Diana and a beautiful song by Vince Gill that Tony sang at his memorial.

May God wrap his arms around Diana and her family during this time and comfort them.

SAFELY HOME
AUTHOR UNKNOWN

I am home in heaven, dear ones,
All's so happy, all's so bright.
There's perfect joy and beauty
In this everlasting light.

All the pain and grief are over,
Every restless tossing passed.
I am now at peace, forever,
Safetly home in heaven at last.

Did you wonder how I calmly
Trod the Valley of the Shade?
Oh, but Jesus' love illumined
Every dark and fearful glade.

There is still work waiting for you,
So you must not idle stand
Do your work while life remains,
You shall rest in Jesus' land.

When that work is completed,
He will gently call you home,
Oh, the rapture of the meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come.

Go Rest High On That Mountain
Lyrics and Sang by Vince Gill
I know your life on earth was troubled
and only you could know the pain.
You weren't afraid to face the devil,
you were no stranger to the rain.

Go rest high on that mountainson,
son, your work on earth is done.
Go to heaven a-shoutin'
love for the Father and the Son.

Oh, how we cried the day you left us
we gathered round your grave to grieve.
I wish I could see the angels faces
when they hear your sweet voice sing.

Go rest high on that mountainson,
son, your work on earth is done.
Go to heaven a-shoutin'
love for the Father and the Son.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:07 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/15/2006 10:14 AM) : 

I lost my dad 8 years ago. But I didn't like him too much. I feel for Diane. :(

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/15/2006 10:57 AM) : 

I feel for you sweetie as I feel for her--what beautiful tributes. And stop saying you can't write--


I miss my sister more than anyone can know but I am glad you are here cause I feel like I have a part of her back.

Love you sugar

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/15/2006 11:23 AM) : 

Dix..glad we spoke last night and you found out i took TIH..so you could use Vince here...

Wonderfully done...

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/15/2006 11:29 AM) : 

Busy, we all have our reasons and I'm sure yours is a very good reason. It's okay you didn't like your Dad.

Turn, you and I have talked about the loss of our siblings. And, we have talked about "the other life" thing... I'm so blessed that I have you in my life. ;-) Love you too!

Yes Vinny, I'm glad to that we got to talk about TIH... like I said great minds think alike.. and thank you.

Thanks to all of you!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/15/2006 6:45 PM) : 

Hey DixieChick--

Thanks for sharing that poem...very touching.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11/16/2006 7:58 AM) : 

Beautiful words.. from a beautiful person. I love you...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/16/2006 8:03 AM) : 

"When that work is completed,
He will gently call you home,
Oh, the rapture of the meeting,
Oh, the joy to see you come."

there is nothing in this world that i am more certain of than that.

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (11/21/2006 12:06 AM) : 

Dixie;

We both have gone through an experience that many of our friends have not. Whatever the way it may have effected us, it has given a sense of of life even through the death of another. We see life as a much more precious entity than before, and whatever type of relationship we had with our fathers that is one of the most important lessons to learn. Life is short, fight to keep living and live to fight.

Love you and thank you so much.

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (6/29/2007 3:34 PM) : 

Dixie - Go Rest High was played at a funeral I attended recently. Very moving.

 

post a comment