Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Daughter and a Sunset at the North Pole

I have always taught my children that if someone hits you, you have the right to defend yourself. You never hit anyone, but if they hit first, defend yourself. Well that is exactly what Kaitlin did yesterday.

Yesterday morning, on the way to school, another little girl, whose name is also Katelyn, decided that for what ever reason that she was going to hit my Kaitlin. She did... Kaitlin hit her back. The bus driver, which I have known for 30 years, only saw my Kaitlin hit the other Katelyn. She called the two girls to the front of the bus and told them. "I can do one of two things here." First, I can write you up and suspend you from the bus for 3 days OR... for 3 days you can wait on you Mother.. do everything that she ask, no smart mouth or back talk.

Both girls agreed to wait on their Mother for 3 days. I talked to the bus driver last night and she and I just hooted over this.

So, I get home and start to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Kaitlin starts yelling at me... "Momma, I'm suppose to do that for you." I said "fine"... "go to the frig and get out the jelly and you can finish making my sandwich." She did... then I went and sat down at the computer and she brought it to me... "Momma, you need anything else?" "Why yes Kaitlin I do... please bring me a glass of milk." Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich and a glass of milk in hand I was one happy camper..... A little later one, we are sitting watching tv and Kaitlin is in her room... "Kaitlin.... can you come here please?" "Yes Momma." "I'm thirsty, would you please fix me a glass of Diet Mt. Dew?" she does, brings it to me... "You need anything else?" "No, that's all for now, thank you."

The night goes on.... I start to fold a load of cloths... "Momma, stop that... I'm going to fold them for you." She finished folding the cloths...

Yup, yup, yup... I'm going to take full advantage of the situtation... you better believe it. Wouldn't you??? ;-) hehehehehe

SUNSET AT THE NORTH POLE

A scene you will probably never get to see, so take a moment and enjoy God at work at the North Pole. This is the sunset at the North Pole with the moon at its closest point. And, you also see the sun below the moon. An amazing photo and not one easily duplicated.

Isn't it truly amazing what God can do?
SMOOCHES, HUGS & GROPES
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:07 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/14/2006 10:05 AM) : 

Wow--sugar---thanks for putting up such a beautiful photo

Now if my little dog would only get in trouble at school--damm that won't work--she is home schooled

WOOOOOOOOO

Smooches and gropes

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/14/2006 10:49 AM) : 

I just wish that the bus driver had told them for the rest of the school year... LMOO....

Yes, it is a beautiful pic, isn't it?

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/14/2006 12:57 PM) : 

Hmmm I'll bet Vinny (becauseit'seasiertotypethenBond) will find out it's a fake!

**still pouting from THAT visit**

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/14/2006 1:07 PM) : 

Hey Jules - I don't care if he does... it's a beautiful pic anyway...

You were talking about the pic, right? LMOO

The Kaitlin story is absolutely 110% true!!! hehehehehehe

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/14/2006 3:14 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

**goes to Snopes, finds out the truth about the picture, but keeps it to herself so nobody will hit her over the head with a Nerf bat** LOL

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/14/2006 3:31 PM) : 

Meri - so what is the truth about the pic. I'm going to hit you over the head if you don't tell me.. LMOO

*rubs the puppy behind the ears*

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/14/2006 7:29 PM) : 

From the mind of Meribah:

Um, um, it's computer-generated!!! I'm sowwee!!!! Oooo, and that rubbing my ears feels goooood!!!! **hind leg thumps ground** LOL

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/14/2006 7:39 PM) : 

Oh my! What a beautiful photograph.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/15/2006 9:24 AM) : 

*continues to rub Meri behind the hears because she looks so funny thumping her hind leg on the ground* Now... tell me what you found out about that pic... LMOO

Trav... it is a beautiful pic isn't it?

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (11/15/2006 11:07 AM) : 

Ha ha ha ha... I'm so using this one on any of my pupils I find doing something naughty but not serious!!

Like it.

p.s. Would have put the comment on your last post but I didn't feel it would be appropriate.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/15/2006 11:34 AM) : 

Hey topchamp.. I thought that it was an excellent idea too.. talked to the bus driver again last night... told her Kaitlin was waiting on me hand and foot. We laughed... she said "I bet you hope she gets in troube again this year, don't you?" Yup, yup, yup. I sure do.. LOL If I get anymore ideas, I'll pass them on..

It's okay about not leaving a comment on the last post. I truly understand.

Thanks for coming by.

 

post a comment