Dixie's - Heart and Soul: It's the weekend

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, January 18, 2008

It's the weekend

and a very long weekend at that. Parts of the long weekend by choice, some parts by not choice.

I woke up this morning with a migraine so bad that I could hardly open my eyes. I did have to get up and get Kaitlin off to school but then I went straight back to bed. I'm up now posting feeling a litte better but my eyes still feel like they are full of sand. So this part of the weekend is not by choice. I'd rather have frogs put down my shirt than have a headache like this one.... wait... NO FROGS.... on never mind... ;-)

So what else is going on this weekend. Not much except for Sunday... ahhh yes Sunday... the play offs.

Now for you nonfootball fans just turn your head the other way until I finish then we'll go back to our regular schedule post.

Now if my Tennessee Titans can't be there what other team would I like to see... the GREEN BAY PACKERS. Yes, you heard me... GO PACK!!!

Our friend Vinny from The Big Leather Couch is a HUGE New York Giants fan.... again I say... GO PACK!!! I asked him earlier in the week if he wanted to place a wager on this game.

So what do we have here? We have an outstanding quarterback Brett Favre... GO PACK... who is 38 years old, a three time NFL MVP who decided to postpone his retirement and try for another Super Bowl ring. GO PACK!!!!

We have the whiny baby, Eli Manning, who by the way is little brother to cry baby Peyton Manning. Yes, Eli is starting to show some leadership and big play ability but does he have what it takes to shut down Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers? I don't think so... GO PACK!!!
Will Eli loose his focus in the frigid temperature on Lambeau field? Will Brett Favre show him just how an old man can do it? All I can say is.... GO PACK!!!!

Oh and the other game being played this weekend... I think it's the New England Patriots and the San Diego Chargers .... ahhh yes... but who really cares about Tom Brady and that Rivers kid... GO PACK!!!!

Now back to a regular post for those nonfootball fans out there in the blogsphere...

Just got a phone call from Matt. He's been busy in the gym working really hard on his pull ups. He says this is what he needs to focus on to improve his PFT score. Let's continue to pray...

I have not said anything about this but when Matt was home for Christmas he was complaining with his knee bothering him. My brother, who is a physical therapist, did a quick check and told him he thought he had torn some cartilage. Matt decided NOT to say anything about it until after his training in Jacksonville. So, when I talked to him just a bit ago he had told me that he had gone to the doctor. There is some good news... he hasn't torn any cartilage but has strained his MCL. Yes, he has a strained MCL. Doc gave him some Tylenol and Naproxen, told him to ice it and take it easy.

So, I called my brother. He said that was not a bad thing. That if he did what the doctor told him then he should be ok. But he couldn't understand how he had strained his MCL. Of course, it could have been a number of things and we'll never know how but just so very thankful it wasn't torn cartilage. Time will heal.

We are off work Monday for the Martin Luther King, Jr. holiday. Look for my post about this incredible man on Monday.

So with all this being said... my head is starting to hurt again. I don't think I'll be able to read any post today. Will shoot for tonight... if not tonight this weekend.

GO PACK!!!!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:20 PM


Comments on "It's the weekend"

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/18/2008 1:31 PM) : 

GO PACK!!!!!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (1/18/2008 1:37 PM) : 

Feel better Dixie. Headaches are just awful, but migraines have to be much, much worse. Still praying that Matt can pass the PFT with flying colors and then come home. Big hug honey and have a great weekend. :)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/18/2008 1:38 PM) : 

Eli has never been a whiner....he did not want to go play for SD - just like John Elway did not want to play for Baltimore and many others,forced trades on draft day...

He has played like a professional and when his ex-teammate ripped him, he stood there and acted like an adult...

Strained MCL is so much better than torn cartilage... he will be fine SugarBaby

GO Giants!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (1/18/2008 6:52 PM) : 

Awww, sorry about the headache, hon. Hope you and Matt are feeling fit and fiddle in no time! :)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1/18/2008 6:56 PM) : 

Brett... yup!

*slowly and quietly sneaks behind sis to rub her temples and peak down her shirt* :)

 

Blogger Gail said ... (1/18/2008 8:30 PM) : 

Hope your head is better...and I've never heard of frogs down someone's shirt feeling good...is that a southern thing?!?! HEHEHE

YUP, GO PACK

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/18/2008 8:33 PM) : 

I don't know about whiny cry babies...I haven't noticed that in the way either Manning boy plays the game. But that's just my opinion.

A sprained knee shouldn't be too much trouble, especially between schools.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (1/19/2008 9:45 PM) : 

I love Brett Favre. Go Pack!

 

post a comment