Dixie's - Heart and Soul: A Huge THANK YOU and a few more things

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, November 08, 2007

A Huge THANK YOU and a few more things

Everyone remembers way back in July when Kyra from The 108 made this wonderful tribute for all to post. You know the one... you probably have it on your side bar too ... the one of me and Matt and Matt in the dog tags.... Well, Kyra, being the wonderful person she is said that when I got Matt pictures of him in his beautiful dress blues that she would re-do it .... well folks... HERE IT IS!!!!!


Isn't it WONDERFUL???
Don't you just LOVE IT???

I know that I sure do!!!!
THANK YOU KYRA!!!!!

So go ahead grab it... you know you want to... and replace the other one with this one .... ok ... go ahead now.... you can do it.... GRAB IT!!!! ;-)

Did you know that November is National Adoption Awareness Month?

For more information go to http://www.adoptioncouncil.org/

Adoption is something that hits very close to home with me. My younger brother and I both were adopted as infants. I was 6 weeks old and he was 8 weeks old. We do not have the same biological parents. Mother and Daddy never kept it from us that we were adopted.

I can remember as a young child asking my Mother what it meant to be adopted. She would tell me that because my biological mother could not take care of me properly and give me all the love that she thought that I needed, that she gave me to a loving family who could give me all that she could not. She said that I was like the most beautiful rose in the garden and I was picked especially for her and Daddy.

I do have a lot of people ask me

"Don't you want to find your parents?"

My answer is "No, I know who my parents are. My parents are Kenneth and Dolores.

Now they may not be my biological parents, but they are the parents who taught me all my morals. My parents are who gave me unconditional love. My parents are the ones who held me when I had a bad dream or spanked my rear end or grounded me when I did something wrong. That's who my parents are.

My parents never showed any difference between my older brother, me or my younger brother. The loved us all the same. Kim, my older brother, was my parents biological child. After he was born, Mother was told that she could not have any more children. She and Daddy wanted more. So they chose the road to adoption. I'm so glad they did.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:03 AM


Comments on "A Huge THANK YOU and a few more things"

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (11/08/2007 10:59 AM) : 

Excellent post Dixie. I hope you are feeling better too. Cheers!!

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (11/08/2007 11:35 AM) : 

My Father is adopted. He was never interested in finding his biological parents either. My grandparents loved us (spoiled us) and I never thought of them any different than my other grandparents. (there is sorta a funny story there...maybe I will post it for adoption awareness month.)

Kyra did a great job...what a stud he is!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11/08/2007 12:01 PM) : 

It's a great badge for Matt dear sis!

I don't care how it happened, I'm just glad you're in my life.

Feel better soon.

Kenneth and Dolores did an outstanding job, BTW...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/08/2007 12:54 PM) : 

Great Badge...Kyra does good graphics magic...

Dixie, I'm glad they adopted you, too!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/08/2007 2:55 PM) : 

As they say... Delores and Kenneth picked YOU and YOUR BROTHER... that is so very special...

HUGS for sharing SugarBaby...(grope grope grope- just for fun)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/08/2007 5:20 PM) : 

That is such an awesome pic of your son! Don't you just love those uniforms?? =)

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/08/2007 6:03 PM) : 

See --how cool is the family you pick?;-)

Love you Sugarbaby--hope you feel better soon.

Smooch

rubrubrub

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/08/2007 6:08 PM) : 

It's already on the blog Sugarbaby.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/08/2007 7:15 PM) : 

Any two people of a certain biological maturity can make a baby.

It takes people of emotional maturity to be parents and raise a child.

I love Matt's badge and I grabbed it per instruction. I really need to work on my sidebar this weekend.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (11/08/2007 7:50 PM) : 

Great, great story, Dixie. Love it. My hubby has an adopted cousin who acts so much like his brother and the rest of the men in this family, it's not often that we remember that he was specially chosen to be a part of our extended family. He's just one of the family!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (11/08/2007 9:26 PM) : 

What an excellent story, Dixie.

Oh, and by the way, your pride is showing (ain't it a wonderful thing?!?)

 

Blogger Angell said ... (11/09/2007 10:25 AM) : 

Gorgeous post honey - and great graphics.

Your parents did a wonderful job, as did you.

SMOOCHES hon (will grab the updated pic later when I can figure out how).

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (11/09/2007 1:59 PM) : 

I was adopted, oo, Miss Dixie, I have spoken to both of my biological parents although only a couple of times to my b.f. as he's a monster. Adoption is crazy...

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (11/10/2007 3:08 PM) : 

That is really beautiful. Kyra is certainly talented.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/10/2007 9:31 PM) : 

OH yeah! The new thingy for Matt is wonderful! I need the html for it don't I? To replace in my side bar.

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (11/11/2007 9:50 PM) : 

Beautiful, Dixie. :)

 

post a comment