Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Getting ready for another rollercoaster ride.

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, November 02, 2007

Getting ready for another rollercoaster ride.

My how the time does fly. Time always seemed to drag by when I was a kid. I now understand what my mom, dad and grandparents meant by now wishing time/life away.

Sunday will be spent trying to get all Matts cloths back together for him to take, a very pre-Thanksgiving dinner, tears of joy and tears of sadness. Wishing that he didn't have to go so soon but knowing that this is his life now.

Then on Monday, I will once again put my son on a bus, only this time I will be putting him on as a Marine, a proud young man... The Greyhound will be pulling out of Jackson around 10:45 a.m. headed for his next step of training. I am beginning to have some of the same fears and worries that I had on July 23. Yes, I know that the very worst part of his training is over. Yes, I know that he will be able to call me on the weekends. But once again I am sending him off into the unknown.

Yes he did go through a major transformation from a young child to a very proud young man. He has the courage, dedication, strength, commitment and honor to be one of the very few ... Matt is an extraordinary young man and one that I am so very proud and honored not only to call My Son but to call My Marine.

So let's all fasten our seatbelts on this rollercoaster because I can fell that it's going to be a very bumpy ride!

What is a Son?

A son is a warm spot in your heart and a smile on your lips.

In the beginning, he is charmingly innocent, putting his complete trust in you. He comes to you for a hand to hold and for the security only your arms can provide. He shares his tales of adventure and knows how proud you are of his discoveries and accomplishments. All his problems can be solved by a hug and a kiss from you, and the bond you share is so strong it is almost tangible...

Time passes, and your innocent little boy starts to test his limits. He lets go of your hand to race into the midst of life without thinking ahead or looking both ways. His problems have grown along with him, and he has learned that you can't always make his life better or kiss his troubles away. He spends much of his time away from you, and though you long for the closeness you once shared, he chooses independence and privacy. Discoveries and accomplishments aren't as easy to come by now, and sometimes he wonders about his worth.

But you know the worth of that young man. He is your past and your future. He is hopes and dreams that have made it through each and every disappointment and failure. In your heart, your son is precious and treasured. Together, you struggled through the years trying to find the right amount of independence for each new stage of his life, until finally, you had to learn to let him go.

Now you put your trust in him, leaving that son whom you hold so dear totally in his own care. You hope he always remembers that you have a hand for him to hold and arms to provide comfort or support. Most of all, you hope that he believes in himself as much as you believe in him, and that he knows how much you love him.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:40 AM


Comments on "Getting ready for another rollercoaster ride."

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (11/02/2007 11:13 AM) : 

Enjoy the weekend with Matt and good luck to him and your family. Cheers Dixie!!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (11/02/2007 3:44 PM) : 

You are doing what any mother would do. Worry. It's how we are wired. Love you Dixie. It'll be okay. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/02/2007 4:39 PM) : 

Enjoy your time w/Matt the Marine MAN...

Be sure to tell him Auntie Lois says hi!!!!!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/02/2007 7:28 PM) : 

Did you stuff a full pad of stationery and a bunch of envelopes in his seabag? And some extra pens?

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (11/02/2007 7:58 PM) : 

(and stamps on the envelopes)

big sigh....this has got to be the toughest part of being a Mama...and the proudest.

usually I love rollercoasters...smile.

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (11/03/2007 10:56 AM) : 

Dixie, he's a reflection of you. Everything you gave him when he was a small boy is now reflected in how he his a proud young man.

You made him; The Marines shaped him.

Semper Fi, Dixie. Moms are always faithful.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/03/2007 6:50 PM) : 

Thanks Katherine. Stamps on the envelopes is a great idea.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/05/2007 11:27 AM) : 

Hope your weekend was wonderful...mine was with my Matt...

SMOOCH

 

post a comment