Dixie's - Heart and Soul: I have a United States Marine - OOH-RAH

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, October 15, 2007

I have a United States Marine - OOH-RAH

When I got home from work on Friday I had a letter in the mailbox from Matt. One that I was NOT expecting. This is what he said ...

Hey Momma,

This is my last Sunday as a recrit. We got the Crucible this week and after that we are Marines. Then I come home. Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you. I'm gettin an extra 7 days leave but after my given 10 days I gotta be on Recruiters Assistance where I help recruit people. But I'll still be home longer than 10 days. Don't worry I'll spend time with the family.

I passed all my swim quals and rifle range and Final PFT (physical fitness test). My platoon took 1st place in the PFT so we got a nice shiney trophy on the Senior Drill Instructor MOT table. We also took 1st place in the Practical Applications part of testing. So we are still in the run for Honor Platoon. It's come down to us and 1 other platoon. We took 2nd place at the rifle range but boogered initial drill. But our senior said all he cares about is the PFT and Rifle Range. So basically everyone can kill an Iraqi from 500 yards no problem.

I improved all my times on the PFT the 1st PFT I had 4 pull ups, 50 crunches and a 28 minutes run time 1 month later I got 8 pull up, 75 crunches and a 25 minute runtime, it's still not the greatest but I still have 6 months till the next one so I'll be fine on that aspect.

I gotta go for now though I gotta IRON my cloths for Final Drill. Yes I said I'm ironing. HA! Will write again maybe. Or maybe the next time I'll call ya.

Yesterday was Recruit Liberty Sunday.... not only did I get ONE call... I got TWO...

His first words to me where,

"Mom, what are you doing?"

"I'm sitting here waiting for you to call son" ... (laughter)

"Mom, I made it... I'm a Marine!"

"Yes son, I'm so very proud of you"

"Thank you Mom"

then there was much more conversation ...

He sounded soooooo good. I'm so ready to leave... will be leaving tomorrow night/Wednesday morning around 3:00 am ...

Yes now I can officially say that I am a Marine Mom....

OOH RAH!!!!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:23 AM


Comments on "I have a United States Marine - OOH-RAH"

 

Blogger Stephanie said ... (10/15/2007 10:40 AM) : 

Ooh Rah indeed, Dixie! Congrats to your son!!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (10/15/2007 11:45 AM) : 

Ooh Rah! I'm so proud of you both. Big hug. :)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/15/2007 12:03 PM) : 

Oh Dixie, I'm in tears right now...just sobbing away! Tears of joy!

:-D)

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (10/15/2007 12:38 PM) : 

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU AND MATT DIXIE!!!!!

YAY FOR MARINES!!!

 

Blogger Tug said ... (10/15/2007 1:23 PM) : 

YAY YAY YAY & MANY CONGRATS DIX AND MATT!!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/15/2007 3:49 PM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

smooches momma

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (10/15/2007 5:00 PM) : 

warm and glowing feelings for you!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (10/15/2007 6:49 PM) : 

Congrats to you and Matt!!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (10/15/2007 7:01 PM) : 

Big Congratulations you Mom of a Marine! I knew he could do it and he did it with flying colors!!

OOO-RAHH indeed!!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (10/15/2007 7:02 PM) : 

Ooo-RAH, Momma Dixie and Semper Fi.

Way to go, Matt. Go get 'em, Devil Dog!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (10/15/2007 7:47 PM) : 

Oooo-RAH!

Semper Fi Marine!

**stands to, salutes**

 

Blogger Julie said ... (10/20/2007 12:43 AM) : 

OH boy....it's happening! It's really happening!

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (10/22/2007 5:50 PM) : 

So great! :)

I'm so happy for you all.

 

post a comment