Dixie's - Heart and Soul: I had a vist during my sleep

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, October 09, 2007

I had a vist during my sleep

I always have trouble sleeping in a hotel, especially the first night. I toss and turn, lay at the foot of the bed... lay at the head of the bed, lay across the bed... just trying to find the best spot to sleep in.

Last night after I finally got to sleep I felt a nudge on my shoulder. I heard this soft voice saying my name. It took me some time to get my eyes opens but once I did I saw this lady standing right beside the bed. She had the most beautiful long black hair with a few streaks of gray in the front. She was smiling and shaking her head. She was telling me that Matt was ok. That everything was going to be ok. Her voice was very smooth and was rather calming

I closed my eyes and reopened them only to find her still there. Once again she was smiling and shaking her head and saying ... Momma, it's going to be okay... Matt is going to be okay.

I tried to get out of the bed but I felt totally paralyzed ... I could not move. It felt like something or someone was holding me down in the bed.

I don't know what or who this was.... this person was not familiar to me at all.

Travis commented yesterday saying that I should do the home version of the Crucble. I am going to be doing that as much as I can. Thursday morning at 1:00 am CST which will be 2:00 am EST, I will turing on a light on in Matt's room ... hoping that it will light his way. I will be in prayer during this time as well. I will give up 2 meals a day during these 2 1/2 days. I will be sleeping only 3 hours Thursday night and Friday night ... I will be walking as much of this Crucible as I can.

I don't know what this visit meant. I don't know who this person was. But what I do know is that I'll be so very glad when this week is over.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:02 AM


Comments on "I had a vist during my sleep"

 

Blogger Julie said ... (10/09/2007 9:24 AM) : 

You do know what this visit meant Dixie...you know it with all of your heart. It's just hard to put into word my dear.

About this home version of the Crucible...I think it would be a wonderful thing for you to do...just know that he is probably going on a ton of adrenalin and he's alot younger then you are. Prayer and fasting is a very good idea.

Hugs and kisses honey!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (10/09/2007 9:30 AM) : 

His Guardian Angel showed herself to you SugarBaby....

A wonderful gift.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (10/09/2007 9:55 AM) : 

Nice dream...Much better than the one I had. I dreamed that Rachel Ray was trying to drown me in a vat of EVOO. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Semper Fi Mom said ... (10/09/2007 10:02 AM) : 

Dixie, I posted a crucible poem for you at Lubbock Marine Parents.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (10/09/2007 10:16 AM) : 

Was it me??? I've been unsuccessfully trying to cover up my gray streak for years...LOL!

Well... it SOUNDS like something I would do but I can't remember where I was at that time...

Whoever your mystery visitor was, Dix... she was right. Matt will be just fine.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (10/09/2007 11:06 AM) : 

What Bond said. I think what Bond said is right on the money. Big hug to you Dixie. :)

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (10/09/2007 11:14 AM) : 

Well Miss Dixie, I got educated by your post today, I went to visit Semper Fi Mom where I learned what the crucible is. Being an old army guy there is some Marine stuff I just don't know.

It sounds to me like your young man is on the verge of being a MARINE, yes momma, Matt is going to be OK.

I wish I could be with you for the graduation.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (10/09/2007 11:38 AM) : 

I have got serious goose bumps going on here...how AWESOME. Guardian angels are amazing. Hang in there Dix...just breathe.

((hugs)) & prayers

 

Blogger fuzzbert_1999@yahoo.com said ... (10/09/2007 1:48 PM) : 

Personally, I would still be running!

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (10/09/2007 2:51 PM) : 

an amazing dream...I hope it brought you lasting comfort. I also think the "home version" is a good idea!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/09/2007 3:19 PM) : 

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/09/2007 3:27 PM) : 

Sugarbaby--every hair I have is standing on end. I've had these sort of experiences--don't let anyone tell you it wasn't real.

I believe Vinny is right---I'm not sure if she was Matt's Guardian angel though---I think she might be YOUR Guardian Angel---you've needed some soothing sugar.

When does Matt's 'crucible start? Would it help if a lot of us did it?

I love you sugar. Smooch

 

Blogger Angell said ... (10/09/2007 4:10 PM) : 

Guardian angels are all around us, and to have a visit from one is a gift from God.

Maybe from Matt too....

He's gonna be just fine Dixie luv. I'm sorry I've been away from commenting on other posts, but I am catching up.

HUGS honey.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (10/09/2007 7:06 PM) : 

I think this dream or visit is whatever you needed it to be.

Matt is almost there, and so are you.

 

Blogger Gail said ... (10/10/2007 8:45 PM) : 

There is no doubt...she was an angel...the power of all our prayers for Matt sent her to you.

Matt will be a Marine! You'll be a proud Marine Momma.

And we'll all be proud Marine friends.

Prayers for Matt will continue

 

post a comment