Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Still spending time

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, October 26, 2007

Still spending time

with My Marine.

No, I haven't forgot about y'all. I just know that I'm not going to have many more days with him and have to get in all the time that I can.

I have been trying to upload some pictures but Blogger is cooperating with me... all I can say about that is ^%$*()*^%$ BAD WORD!!! ;-) Hopefully I can get them up next week on a faster computer ... I've got the post almost complete just need to add the pictures. I know y'all want to see the pictures. Just looking at the pictues still puts chills down my spine.

Because of OSPEC and at the request of my son, my blog will be taking on another look over the weekend. Not only for his safety and the safety of his fellow Marines but mine as well.

Posted below is from a Marine support website that I belong to and are the top 10 OSPEC Points.

The Department of Defense can shut down websites, message boards, and support forums for violations of Operational Security. Please do not let this site be one of them. Let's be sure we are helping keep our Marines safe by not violating Operational Security. If in doubt, don't post it. Thanks.

The Ten OPSEC Points:

Don't discuss future destinations or ports of call!
Don't discuss future operations or missions!
Don't discuss dates and times of when we will be in port or conducting exercises!
Don't discuss readiness issues and numbers!
Don't discuss specific training equipment!
Don't discuss peoples names and billets in conjunction with operations!
Don't speculate about future operations!
Don't spread rumors about operations!
Don't assume the enemy is not trying to collect information on you so he can kill you, he is!
Be smart, use your head, and always think OPSEC when using email or phone!



Have a GREAT weekend y'all.

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 3:48 PM


Comments on "Still spending time"

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (10/26/2007 5:09 PM) : 

Good points one and all.

Have a super weekend, Dixie, and enjoy your time with your Marine.

Semper Fi.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (10/26/2007 6:04 PM) : 

OPSEC is right on the money with those rules.

Good luck with Blogger and the pictures, it seems to have been having picture loading problems for the past week or so.

Enjoy the time with Matt - we'll still be here when he ships out again.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (10/26/2007 6:09 PM) : 

Just enjoy your time. Oh those OPSEC Points sound very familar. I wonder why. Big hug. :)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (10/26/2007 7:28 PM) : 

Good idea to post the OPSEC.

 

Blogger Semper Fi Mom said ... (10/26/2007 10:58 PM) : 

Hope you're having a great time! I've read those same OPSEC rules. I have posted very little about my son's time in Iraq for those very reasons (plus the fact that some of his superiors have been known to read on occasion). Don't want to get him teased TOO hard! :) Better safe than sorry, right?

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (10/26/2007 11:05 PM) : 

Congrats to you and your Marine! :)

We're all so proud and know that you will do what is expected to see that you're abiding by the rules.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (10/27/2007 12:22 AM) : 

Good idea honey...I want to know....can I post Matt's picture on my blog. What have you decided?

I've seen a few out there...but I want definitive permission.

 

Blogger Christine and FAZ said ... (10/28/2007 12:35 PM) : 

Just read your blog and can see you're a proud mother but it's better to be safe.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (10/28/2007 8:42 PM) : 

I've tried to be careful about posting about your wonderful young Marine.

Take your time and make more memories momma.

Smooch

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (10/29/2007 1:49 AM) : 

Wow, things I never thought about!!! Robby graduates in three more weeks so I'll need to familiarize myself with these. If you see me making a blooper, please let me know! If you need me to disassociate your link from Matt's badge, let me know...
Please give him a hug from a Marine grandma!
Love and many blessings`~~~
Gracie

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10/29/2007 7:36 AM) : 

Safety first! I'm so proud of Matt! Tell him Auntie Lois says hello!

:-D)

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (10/29/2007 5:52 PM) : 

yeah...I don't post much about my family members who are in the miliary...

 

post a comment