Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, May 18, 2007

It's Friday and I'm back home. Working in Jackson and this desk here looks like another war zone. Don't have time for much today. I must share things that I have learned living in Tennessee... have a great weekend all!

THINGS I HAVE LEARNED LIVING IN Tennessee: and a chuckle for those who do not reside in Tennessee.


Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet in the air.

There are 5,000 types of snakes and 4,998 live in Tennessee.

There are 10,000 types of spiders. All 10,000 live in Tennessee plus a couple no one's seen before.

If it grows, it sticks; if it crawls, it bites.

Onced and twiced are words.

It is not a shopping cart; it is a buggy.

People actually grow and eat okra.

"Fixinto" is one word.

There is no such thing as "lunch". There is only dinner and then there is supper.

Iced tea is appropriate for all meals and you start drinking it when you're two. We do like a little tea with our sugar!

Backards and forwards means "I know everything about you."

DJeet? is actually a phrase meaning "Did you eat?"

You don't PUSH buttons, you MASH them.

YOU KNOW YOUR FROM Tennessee IF:

You measure distance in minutes.

You use "fix" as a verb. Example: "I'm fixing to go to the store "

All the festivals across the state are named after a fruit, vegetable, grain, insect or animal.

You install security lights on your house and garage and leave both unlocked.

You know what a "DAWG" is.

You carry jumper cables in your car...for your OWN car.

You only own four spices: salt, pepper, Tabasco and ketchup.

The local papers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports. GO VOLS!!!!!

You think that the first day of deer season is a national holiday..

You know all four seasons: Almost Summer, Summer, still Summer and Christmas.

Going to Wal-mart is a favorite past time known as"goin' Wal-martin"or off to "Wally World".

You describe the first cool snap (below 50 degrees) as good pinto-bean weather.

A carbonated soft drink isn't a soda, cola or pop...it's a Coke, regardless of brand or flavor. Example: "What kinda coke you want?"

Fried catfish is the other white meat.

We don't need no stinking driver's ed....if our mama says we can drive, we can drive.

You understand these jokes and share them to your friends from Tennessee
(and those who just wish they were).

Not EVERYONE can be a Tennessean; it's an art form and a gift from God!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:35 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (5/18/2007 9:38 AM) : 

Since you are in Tennessee you should be aware that the plural of "y'all" is "all y'all." Cheers Dixie!!

 

Blogger Piacere said ... (5/18/2007 9:55 AM) : 

I'm substituting "Virginia" for every "Tennessee" I see...it works!!!!

Have a good weekend!!!

HSGRs!!!

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (5/18/2007 11:04 AM) : 

Ah, "fix'n" a staple in my vocabulary.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (5/18/2007 11:19 AM) : 

I'm not even close to being from the south - but thanks to Dix & the SP - "y'all" AND "all y'all" are part of my vocabulary now - if I add an "eh" on the end I'll confuse everyone. :D

 

Blogger Tug said ... (5/18/2007 11:47 AM) : 

Fried okra, pickled...it's all good. And sweet tea & swamp water are staples at my parent's house. (Dad's from Alabama, can you tell?)

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (5/18/2007 1:46 PM) : 

I'm still tearing over the possums!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (5/18/2007 4:16 PM) : 

I'm from Tennessee hehehehe

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5/18/2007 4:55 PM) : 

**Raises eyebrow at Bond** Aaaaanywhoo, some of these look familiar to me. I call Walmart Wally world too! And, yup, lunch is dinner and that last meal is supper!
Ooo, and us Newfies have four seasons too...except they're almost winter, winter, still winter and construction season! LOL :P

 

Blogger ZoeyBella said ... (5/18/2007 5:07 PM) : 

Mmmmm upside down road possums... Sounds wonderful ;)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5/18/2007 7:48 PM) : 

I know the same four seasons as the Newfie puppy.

Bond: you're IN Tennessee.. not from it.

Angell: right eh!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (5/18/2007 9:18 PM) : 

I type Southern while chatting or blogging, but I don't generally speak it.

The other day at work I actually said that I was fixin to run home for lunch.

I guess all y'all have corrupted my vocabulary. Or should I say rounded it out?

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5/20/2007 7:46 PM) : 

LMOO! Sounds a lot like South Carolina too!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (5/20/2007 8:07 PM) : 

These are great. You and Empress Bee are just teaching me so much. Some of these are funnier than heck.

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (5/21/2007 12:36 PM) : 

Did you say POSSUMSS????!!

 

post a comment