Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, May 08, 2007

What the heck is wrong with Blogger???? There are many blogs that I have visited and for some strange reason I'm not able to comment. So for everyone who has seen me come in and not leave a comment now you know.... Dang blogger!!!!!

I just came back from SARGE CHARLIE 's and found this most wonderful tribute posted over there... His guest blogger is Melessa from COOL CALM AND COLLECTED. From Saturday is posted a beautiful tribute to her fiance Jim who lost his life serving our great country. Please go over to Sarge's place and watch this tribute... but let me warn you you will need more than one tissue. From there Sarge will let you know where to go to give this brave young lady a hug...

Everyone knows that FINALLY Matt started his new job last week. Since I'm not home Monday - Wednesday nights he felt that he needed to check in with me. So his first two nights he would call me on my cell phone, at 11:30 and say "Mom, I'm home... just wanted to let you know. I love you... talk to you tomorrow."

The first night he did this I lay awake for some time and cried. Cried know that in 2 weeks he will graduate high school... close that chapter of his life and open a new one... Cried knowing that in 2 months he will be leaving and won't be able to call me and let me know that he is home. That he won't be able to let me know that he's safe. Cried know that my son is no longer a little boy but a very brave young man. A young man that I am so very proud to call my son.

As we made the motions through the weekend I realized that in 2 months that my life will no longer be the same. I won't have two kids at home. I won't be screaming at them to leave each other alone, to keep their hands to themselves, to just hush up and not say another word to each other .... to think to myself... only to have peace.

Yes I know that I have another child at home. My daughter.... ah yes... my daughter... who is another story in itself and will have to wait for another post. Y'all have been subject to some of her doings and sayings but not all.... and I know that life will not come to an end... and I know that I'm not the only mother in this world who has or will also close another chapter in life... and I know that I'm not the only mother who has or will ever send her only son off to boot camp ... but this is a first for me and I'm not really a good one for change.

For instance this Monday morning... priceless... absolutely priceless....

We only have one bathroom in our house. So if someone is in the shower and you have to use the bathroom then we just knock, go in and use it. We can't see through the shower curtain and vice versa.... so Kaitlin goes in while Matt is taking a shower to use the bathroom.... I'm in the kitchen fixing their breakfast... she comes out... no problem... Matt comes out laughing his butt off... he says.. "you're never going to believe what Kaitlin said"... "What??"... well she's in their taking a dump and says "Matt, something stinks, did you fart?".... he said "No you dummy, I didn't fart, that's you, taking your dump"... I do believe that she had a freakin blonde moment...

I've never laughed so hard in my life....

The little things like this is what will be missed.... but life will go on... Matt will survive... Kaitlin will survive, Tony will survive and

I will survive....
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:01 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Tug said ... (5/07/2007 10:12 PM) : 

You're an awesome Mom, I hope you know that. You will ALL survive, & many hugs, good thoughts & prayers are with you...

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (5/08/2007 6:23 AM) : 

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

OMG too funny

and sugarbaby--you are a great mom--He's gonna make you so proud

SMOOCH

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (5/08/2007 9:51 AM) : 

LOL... I ask Dean about a million times randomly throughout the day if he farted. I don't know why.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (5/08/2007 10:44 AM) : 

You're a great mom - Matt knows that - you raised that boy right Dix.

He'll always make you proud -and he'll always be your little boy.

Now, as for the other one....well, just think, you have the wonderful teen years to look forward to. :D

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (5/08/2007 11:49 AM) : 

Aahhhh potty humor. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (5/08/2007 2:10 PM) : 

Your daughter was right to ask her brother that question. We smell like roses don't we? Tell me this is true...

Don't worry about the empty nest syndrome. It doesn't last very long and then you start enjoying it. Great post:)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/08/2007 2:15 PM) : 

Tug, thank you.

Yes my Randy Hoochie Turn, he is going to make me even more proud that I already am.

108, why is that? *giggles*

Angell, Yes I've tried to be a good mom. As far as the other one and the teenage years... oh god help me.... I will pay for my raising.

Matt, don't you just love "potty humor"? ;-)

Comedy, yes we do smell like roses... it's true... now this empty nest thing... say I'll enjoy it??? Thanks..I wrote this post late last night in the hotel room.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (5/08/2007 4:18 PM) : 

Thanks for the heads up about Mel, she is such a nice girl, and lost so much.......

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (5/08/2007 4:20 PM) : 

you really do get used to it and start to enjoy it. so when it happens, don't feel guilty!!!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/08/2007 4:48 PM) : 

Sarge, I am glad to have been able mention Mel. Yes, she has lost so much and my heart truly goes out to her. You are a wonderful friend and I thank you for being my friend too.

Mrs. Bee, I'll be so glad when I do get use to it... with your help too I'm sure I'll get over the guiltiness real soon. Thank you too for being my friend.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (5/08/2007 7:59 PM) : 

ROTFLMOO!!

Wait...now we only have one bathroom in our condo. Hmmmmm.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5/08/2007 8:24 PM) : 

Bwahahahahahahahahaha! Oh yeah, that was a good one! Pray that I never get that "blonde!" The puppy has enough problems as it is without her mind going down the toil...uh, drain! :P

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (5/10/2007 10:12 AM) : 

That was funny. You've done a good job with raising them, that's all that could be asked.

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (5/10/2007 3:15 PM) : 

hey Dixie... just wanted to say hello and tell you our new cat is called Dixie. I thought of you when I found this out at the cat home last week! He's VERY cute and will make you a FINE namesake x

(p.s. sorry for not commenting much - often don't know what to say)

 

Blogger Julie said ... (5/11/2007 8:43 PM) : 

Oh my goodness! That was good...sheesh the things our young adults say!

 

post a comment