Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, May 04, 2007

JUST CALL ME DORKY!!!


I'm home again for the week but will have to head back out again on Monday. I know it's only been 2 weeks but I'm already sick of eating out every meal and living in a hotel.


Now I've got to tell y'all the really dorky thing that I did Tuesday night. After work Tuesday I take a beautiful drive to Fayetteville to visit Tony's brother and his wife. Nothing out of the ordinary happened... nice trip... nice 2 hour visit. Nothing exciting happened on the drive back to Pulaski.... however.... I am really cutting my time close as I watch American Idol on Tuesday night, and get back to the hotel at exactly 6:56 pm... no time to get anything to eat. Ok, I'll call Legends, which is at the bottom of the hill, order take out, go at commercial and pick up back to the hotel no problem, plenty of time.... was I EVER wrong.


I looked in the phone book, got the number, called in my order, a chicken fried salad and a slice a caramel pie. I'm set and ready to go... woooooooo... so American Idol comes on, I watch Phil and then Jordin and then Lakisha.... commercial... wooooooooooo it's time to go pick up my food.... so I hop in my car, drive down the hill, turn the corner, park in a no parking zone, run in to get my food ... I tell the hostess I'm there to pick up my order, she looks and says "Ma'am, I don't have your order." My mouth drops and I'm thinking oh god, I'm going to miss American Idol... "but I called it in at 7:15 and the little girl I talked to told me it would be ready at 7:35".... "do you know who you talked to?" "No, I don't.... I called 380-1888 to place my order"...the little hostess looks at me like I've lost what little mind that I have and said "that's not our number".... "Whaaaaaaaaaa" She said "our number is 343-5441" so there is a stack of take out menus on a table, I grab one, look at it and I'll be damn... I've called Columbia which is 30 miles away.... oh sugar... so the sweet little hostess, laughing says, "we'll get you fixed up, it won't take but just a few minutes."


In the mean time, I'm trying to call everyone I know that is watching Idol to give me an update because I know that I''m going to miss Blake and didn't know who came after him but DID NOT want to miss Melinda. Ummmmm.... the only person I could get in touch with is my Randy Hoochie Turn..... I tell her what I've done... she laughes at me... well by this time I'm laughing at my stupid self too.


I get my order, back to the hotel in time to see Melinda and I'm happy.
Hope everyone has a good weekend.... I'm hoping that I won't do anymore dorky things, but knowing me I will.


SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:12 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (5/04/2007 10:36 AM) : 

Oh my god, that's funny!

I'm sad that you missed Blake, though. I recommend that you go to youtube and watch his performance!

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (5/04/2007 11:29 AM) : 

Ever had one of those days.....yeah, we all do.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (5/04/2007 12:01 PM) : 

Oh I've done stuff like this too. Way too often as well! Makes me feel so very smart. Thanks for my morning laugh. I really needed it ♥

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (5/04/2007 1:58 PM) : 

I lived out of suitcases and in motels for 4 years...It was fun...for about two weeks. Have a good weekend. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (5/04/2007 4:11 PM) : 

"I'm already sick of eating out every meal and living in a hotel."

are you nuts honey? i could live in a hotel or on a cruise ship and eat every meal in a restaurant forever!!!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5/04/2007 4:51 PM) : 

Don't feel bad, we've all done dorky things...but your dorky thing made me smile! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

 

Blogger Linda said ... (5/04/2007 7:16 PM) : 

It's not your fault that there was more than one Legends in the phone book! Too funny!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5/04/2007 8:15 PM) : 

LMOO!

 

Blogger Tug said ... (5/04/2007 10:27 PM) : 

I am so glad you shared this...I could see myself doing it!! So was the food good when you got it??

And yes, you can see Blake on youtube, & he.was.AWESOME!!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (5/04/2007 10:29 PM) : 

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

You are a silly Hoochie!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (5/06/2007 7:38 AM) : 

Been there...done that...

you are too Cute Sugarbaby Hoochie...

 

Blogger Linda said ... (5/06/2007 7:04 PM) : 

When you get a chance, Dixie, I tagged you for a quick Wikipedia meme over on my page. Thought you might be able to find some good interesting historical facts of your own!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (5/06/2007 9:31 PM) : 

Oh yeah Dixie...find Blake's performance! It's a "don't miss"!

Too funny...sad but funny!

*hugs*

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (5/07/2007 11:29 AM) : 

harumpf... you didn't call your sweet little sis???? sheesh!

I still love you.. I think!

 

post a comment