Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Well I made it to Pulaski yesterday around 1:30 pm. I find my way to the office that they have set up for me. I begin to look through what they call their Document Control Center and am ready to pull my hair out.

So I decided that since I was up at 5:30 am, got the kids off to school, went to my office to make sure that everything was ready for visitors and then traveled for 3 1/2 hours that I was tired. So I left around 4:15 pm, checked into the hotel and got my things in order. Went to dinner at this place called Sarge's - food was good. Went back to the hotel, tried to get on line, but couldn't. I made a quick trip to Wal-Mart for snacks and my Diet Dew then back to my room to settle in for the night.

Pulaski is most well known for being the birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan. The group was founded in the law office of a local judge. The building the KKK was formed in is still standing and bears a plaque commemorating the event. Many in the town have distanced themselves from the town's historical association with the Klan and the plaque announcing its formation has since been turned around and bolted to the wall backwards. However, each October, Thomas Robb's Knights of the Ku Klux Klan holds a White Christian Heritage Festival in the town square in Pulaski. These Klan members can not cover their faces.

Pulaski is also the place where Sam Davis was captured. Sam was a member of "Coleman's Scouts," a group founded by his older half-brother John. By 1863, the Union Army occupied much of Middle Tennessee. Sam and his fellow scouts worked behind enemy lines disrupting communications. Even though they wore Confederate uniforms and traveled with passes signed by Confederate General Braxton Bragg, the Union army considered them spies if captured.

There are also some very old cemetaries here. I thought that there was just one but I found out yesterday that there are four. I do plan on checking these out. Hopefully, the rain will move out and I will get to one this afternoon. I would love to have a pic from one of these for my Wordless Wednesday tomorrow.

I'm just giving a really brief overview as I've got to get back to work.

I'll catch y'all later! I am hoping that I will be able to catch up on my blog reading soon. I haven't forgot y'all. Real life has just got in the way.

Smooches!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 10:30 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Coco said ... (4/24/2007 11:37 AM) : 

Sounds like a fascinating place ... I love old cemetaries, too. We've got a couple right here in town.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (4/24/2007 12:53 PM) : 

Sounds like you can pull your hair out while working, but you have lots of other sites to see. Enjoy your exploration. See you tomorrow.

You redid your site. I like it...

 

Blogger Linda said ... (4/24/2007 6:17 PM) : 

The nerve of real life intruding on your blogging life!!

Pulaski sounds like an interesting place. Is it by any chance named after Brigadier General Casimir Pulaski who fought in the American Revolution? I love history in case you hadn't guessed!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (4/24/2007 6:35 PM) : 

Hmmm, interesting. I find it kinda silly, though, that the plaque would be bolted to the wall backwards. I mean, if it's so offensive, why not just take it down???

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (4/24/2007 8:07 PM) : 

I hope you get a chance to see those cemetaries. One should always be allowed time to view some history.

Thanks for the push to go find some things out about Sam Davis. The article I found was very moving.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (4/24/2007 10:42 PM) : 

LYNCHBURG...LYNCHBURG... LOL

Be safe Sugarbaby

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (4/25/2007 8:57 PM) : 

I have been there, it is great country........

 

post a comment