Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, April 16, 2007

My future Marine and some De-Stressers...

What a cold, rainy weekend we had here. Was suppose to be a "Kid Free" weekend but Matt played sick and did not go this his Dads. We slept late Saturday, cleaned the house a little then Matt and I went shopping. Yup, a mother and son day. We haven't had one of those in so long.

So tomorrow, Tuesday, April 17th the Marines are having their annual family day. Drill Sargents from Parris Island will be there and the future Marines will be able to show us what they have learned in their Delayed Entry Program. It also gives the parents the opportunity to ask the Drill Sargents questions. I will post about this on Wednesday. I really looking forward to it.

Matt will have to continue his monthly pool until he leaves in July. Here Matt's graduation pic... my future Marine.

Here are a few "De-Stressers" for the day... I immediately thought of Mrs. Bee when I saw this one...



and finally....



SMOOCHES!

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:39 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (4/16/2007 9:16 AM) : 

yup, that's me alright. ha ha ha

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Angell said ... (4/16/2007 10:30 AM) : 

ROTFLMOO - what a handsome son you have Dixie my dear, and those pics are GREAT.

Where can I find that diner?

 

Blogger Barb said ... (4/16/2007 11:45 AM) : 

You have a very handsome son!

Thanks for the laughs with the rest of the post :)

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (4/16/2007 12:11 PM) : 

Your son is hot. Slap a uniform on him and the ladies had better watch out :-)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (4/16/2007 12:49 PM) : 

Yup Mrs. Bee... you were the first person I thought of when I saw the cartoon.

Thanks Angell, I think he's rather handsome myself... As soon as I find that diner, I'll let you know and we can go together.

Thanks Skittles...he has turned into a fine young man.

108... Just something about a man in uniform..LOL

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (4/16/2007 4:42 PM) : 

The Few The Proud, The Marines, he will make a fine marine and a fine man.

I made new html, i could not make yours work either, it is a little different but i think you will like the changes, it is posted at my place.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (4/16/2007 5:21 PM) : 

Your son's a real sweetie! I'm sure he will do you proud. :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4/16/2007 7:46 PM) : 

Kleenix...oh my...that was funny...

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (4/16/2007 7:50 PM) : 

He's a good looking young Marine.

And write down your questions. I've heard about this family day. The DI's are really informative and you'll learn a lot about what Matt will be doing.

It sounds like a really great day.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/17/2007 11:34 AM) : 

Ahh, he's so young...

De-stressors - Guess you need to be careful what you wish for, LMAO!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (4/17/2007 11:37 AM) : 

ah. Alost forgot - Are you up for a small challenge? Come on...It could be interesting!

My Challenge

 

Blogger Linda said ... (4/17/2007 5:00 PM) : 

What a handsome young man you have there! I am sure he will be a fine Marine and will make his Mama even prouder than she is now! Can't wait to see a picture of him in uniform!

 

post a comment