Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, April 09, 2007

Happy Monday


First of all, I want to thank SARGE CHARLIE for the Great American Award that he so graciously bestowed upon me last Thursday. Thank you Sarge... I truly appreciate it.


Now onto the weekend... and what a weekend it was. I so tired today... my eyes feel like sand paper. And I don't even want to mention the amount of money that we spent over the weekend. We had decided Thursday that since we were off work Friday that we would go shopping... and boy oh boy did we shop. Heard the phrase "Shop till you drop" well that is what we did ... literally.


Our journey began around 9:00 am Friday morning. Tony, Kaitlin and I loaded up the Mustang and off to Nashville we went. Our reason for this shopping trip was since Tony and I have quit smoking, 6 weeks smoke free, we both have gained weight. Of course, he has gained more than me... 20 lbs to be exact and all his cloths are too small for him. So we found two beautiful suits for Tony, didn't take long. The first one he put on, well, lets just say WOW!!!! Second, the perfectly classy black suit. Shopped for my Easter dress as well as Kaitlin's. Shopped for work pants for Tony... may I remind you, he can't wear his cloths comfortably anymore... Finally headed back home around 8:00 pm... home 10:30 pm....


Since he didn't take much time to try his cloths on while in Nashville he does at home and guess what.... have to go BACK to Nashville on Saturday to exchange... but that's ok, we shopped some more.. hehehehe... found the perfect stilletto's for my Easter dress... hehehhehehe


Sunday was church, out to eat and home to take a nap.


Of course Matt didn't want to go so he stayed at home. He spent the weekend with his friend in the neighboring town... but I don't believe he will be doing that again for a few weeks. He has really pissed me off. The Marine Drill Sgt ain't got nothing on momma.... he will be a pussycat by the time I've finished with Matt.


So let me tell you what MY son did...


Friday night he ask if he can stay at his friends house. I say yes as this boy and his family seem to be good people. I call Matt on Saturday morning and tell him to get up, get home, clean his pig sty room and mow the yard. He calls me back within 20 minutes and tells me that he has a flat on his truck. Fine I say, get someone to take you to the house, get the spare to fix it and get home. Do you think he did this???? Hell no!!! I call him back a few hours later and he's still at his friends house saying he can't find a way home... blah, blah, blah. Well since I'm 2 1/2 hrs from home nothing I can do so I tell him just to stay there and we would talk on Sunday.


Sunday we get up go to church, out to eat... 1:30 pm... no phone call from Matt. Get home, take a nap, wake up at 5:00.... no phone call from Matt. Now I have tried many, many times to call him ... he's not answering the phone nor his is friend answering his phone. By 5:00 I'm PISSED!!! I'm worried... but getting really pissed too.... So, I deciede that I'm going to put the freakin spare tire in MY car and go find him.


If I could at least talk to him and know he's ok then I'd be ok... but I can't get him. I'm so pissed that I call and leave several messages on both phones, but am actually taking it out on his friend... I tell his friend that if he knew what was good for him that he or Matt would call and that if Matt wasn't there that he needed to grow some balls and call and tell me where he was at.... yes, I know uncalled for, but I'm pissed and worried at the same time.


By 6:00 pm, I have located my son... at his friends house, tire on truck flat and they are freakin working on his friends car. I pull up in the drive and the boys know that I'm pissed just by the look on my face. I get out of the car, tell Matt to get the freakin tire on his truck and get his butt home...


I told him once home that once he has children, he will understand how I felt. I didn't know if he was a his friends house, dead, in a ditch, in the hospital or what. I told him that as long as he lived under my roof, no matter the age, that he was going to do what I told him. I didn't give a rats butt if he was a future Marine, a Marine or what that I'm momma and what I say is law!!!


He's grounded now. He only goes to school and back home. He has to call me when he gets home from school. I know how long it takes to get from school to home so he can't fool me...


Well, that was my Easter weekend. All in all a good one... but heck I'm tired!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:54 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Angell said ... (4/09/2007 11:25 AM) : 

WOW Dix. Who needs a drill sgt? Man, that is one reason I am NOT looking forward to motherhood....

You're a good mama. And it sounds like you had a great Easter weekend. :D

Congrats on the 6 weeks being nicotine free!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (4/09/2007 12:35 PM) : 

It's things like this that make me glad I don't have kids! LOL Matt's lucky to have a good momma like you, though. So many kids don't. Hugs!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (4/09/2007 12:42 PM) : 

dude, how stressful! sorry you had to go thru that.

hugs!

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (4/10/2007 12:51 AM) : 

You're a momma bear like I was!!! Sorry you had to worry so much but I understand.
I quit smoking in '86. One of my daughters is on again, off again. To this day, I don't know how I did it unless the Lord just bopped me on the head! Good luck!!!
~~~Blessings~~~

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (4/10/2007 7:48 AM) : 

Sorry you had a rough time sugarbaby! Matt's gonna think his drill sargeant is a pussy cat after you

Smooch

 

Blogger Linda said ... (4/10/2007 5:11 PM) : 

Sounds like Matt is going to find Parris Island to be a "walk in the park"! Good for you, though, for letting him know how you felt and why. He may never get it until he has kids of his own but someday the light bulb is going to go on and he's going to say "oh! that's why she was so pissed!"

Glad to you had a good Easter weekend otherwise!

 

post a comment