Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, April 03, 2007

GOTTA GET GOALS

A new meme making its way around the Blogosphere and I got tagged with it by Linda of “Are We There Yet” who was tagged by Gail of “Gem-osophy". This meme is about goals and is called "Gotta Get Goals." Linda quoted Gail as saying, "It requires you to list and write about five to ten gotta-get goals that will allow you to truly say you have achieved your wildest dreams in life -- the best, most exclusive and over-the-top goals that you can pick off your goals list. Not as easy as it sounds." Let me think about this for a while and see what I can come up with. Lord only knows… I don’t want to appear to be a blabbering nut… contrary to what some people believe… LOL

1. To successfully achieve my task of quitting smoking. As of today, I’m 4 weeks smoke free. Yes, I do love my ciggys and I do miss them but I didn’t realize how good I could feel. I am so very thankful that I wasn’t smoking last week when I was so sick… may have taken a lot longer to get over if I had been. With all my willpower I will achieve my goal.

2. I would like to be able to survive the fact that my Number One Son is leaving home for the United States Marine Corp in 3 months. I would like to know that I still have a little of my sanity left. Yes, I am a worrier and I will worry about him in boot camp. I know this is the best thing for him but it is still going to be very hard to let go of my first born.

3. I would like to survive Number One Daughter's teenage years with what little sanity and marbles that I have left. I swear to you this child tries me every day. She is now officially a preteen. She has the body of a 12 year old and the mind of a 21 year old. She thinks that she is ten feet tall and bullet proof. I will definitely pay for my raising with this child.

4. I would like to be able to help other people, specifically the poor. I do not want any recognition for this. If I have it my way, which I most always do, I will do this anonymously.

5. Retire at an early age, other than 72 like the government wants me to and live absolutely penniless. In order not to life penniless, I must start, at some point, putting more money into my retirement fund. Well, first I must start a retirement fund. I suppose this should have been the first thing I thought about instead of retiring… leave it to me to do things back asswards.

6. For mine and Tony’s pleasure, I would like to take an Alaskan Cruise. This is something that I will achieve. Since we have stopped smoking, we are saving around $180 a month. We are awarding ourselves with “treats” as I call them. After Easter, my plans are to put $60 a month into some type of “Cruise Savings”…

7. To think of 3 more realistic goals for myself.

I think this is a good start. This was much harder than I thought it would be. Really gives you something to think about. So, with this, I think that I will tag Mrs. Bee, Turnberrybaby and Pia … yup, you got tagged.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:30 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Merle said ... (4/03/2007 9:25 AM) : 

Hi Dixie ~~ Good answers to the meme
and many congratulations on giving up smoking. I smoked for 40 years, but haven't had one in eleven years. So
keep it up,it gets a bit easier.
Thanks for your comments. Australia is in the midst of the worst drought ever,and there are water restrictions
everywhere, Take care Dixie, Love, Merle.

 

Blogger Merle said ... (4/03/2007 9:29 AM) : 

Hi again Dixie ~~ Thanks for your comments. Of couse you may post "Men
are Like..." and anything else that you wish. Bye again, Merle.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (4/03/2007 11:11 AM) : 

Good answers Dix. How are you sweetie? Been a long time since I've heard from you.....:(

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (4/03/2007 12:48 PM) : 

Those are some great goals! Congrats on the success with quitting smoking. I know how hard it is :-)

Also... let me know how you survive the teenage years. I'm going to need all the help I can get!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (4/03/2007 4:03 PM) : 

Excellent goals ... Keep it up on the cigs darling.. give me something to shoot for...

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (4/03/2007 4:50 PM) : 

Congratulations on giving up smoking! I hope you succeed in this and all the other goals you've set for yourself. Hugs!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (4/03/2007 4:54 PM) : 

These are some great goals, Dixie, and I think you deserve a hearty congratulations on your achievements so far with #1. Way to go and I'm sure you'll be able to keep it going!

As for the teenage years - yep, you and me both! That's a true toughie!

And as for your son, it will be tough but I think you're going to make a great Marine Mom! You are going to be so proud - even more so than you are now!

Also, thanks for the sticky post on NTW! I really appreciate it!

 

Blogger Tug said ... (4/03/2007 6:50 PM) : 

I like this one, & have saved it to use as one of my Monday Memes!! #4 is also one of mine, but a bit different - but it will be there. I am SOOOOOOO glad my daughter is raised - much luck to you! ;-)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (4/03/2007 7:59 PM) : 

Smoke free for a month!! Woooo!!

Here's your hug and your smooch, and your rub and your grope.

**does a soul twitch, a hop jig, and a left leg swing with extra thigh action while singing in the rain**

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4/03/2007 8:03 PM) : 

Great goals, and I know you can achieve them!

 

Blogger Merle said ... (4/04/2007 3:53 AM) : 

Hi Dixie ~~ Thanks for your comments. I am pleased to know how to post photos at last. Keep up with your no smoking. Don't even have one or you're gone again. Have a great happy Easter and have lots of fun.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 

post a comment