Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, March 20, 2007

SWEET 16 … HERE COMES THE TIGERS!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO … Yup, my University of Memphis Tigers danced their way into the Sweet 16 this weekend… they will play Texas A & M this weekend. They continue their winning streak… 24… longest in the nation!!!! GO TIGERS GO!!!!

Congratulations to the University of Tennessee Volunteers and Vanderbilt Commodores… they also danced their way into the Sweet 16…

UPDATE:

As y’all know, the sickness germies have been running rampant in my house. Tony was diagnosed with pneumonia almost a month ago. The week that I was to go to B’ham my mother became sick with Type A flu as well as Kaitlin. Then last Wednesday Matt come home from school…. at 4:00, goes to bed and goes to sleep… sleeps all night… wakes up Thursday morning with 101 fever… Friday same scenario… I come home from work Friday afternoon and find him with 103.5 fever… yup… it was time to go to the doctor…. took him and he was diagnosed with Type B flu. I’ve been fighting those nasty germies all weekend long…I would be willing to bet that I’ve used a case of Lysol… but I’m working on getting those nasty creatures out of here…. Today, I had to send Tony back to the doctor… slight relapse … GRRRRRRRRR is this EVER going to end????

It will be very safe to say that I've used almost a case of Lysol... very safe... maybe I should buy stock in the Lysol company.... LOL

A lot of y’all have been asking about the kitchen…. well the project that should have only took a weekend to complete took 3 weeks… but THANK GOD it’s finished… We have decided to make sure all the germies are out before the next project is started… well, I say we.. I actually mean I MADE THE EXECUTIVE DECISION TO WAIT... and all agreed. No persuasion whatsoever... I promise...

Sexy Foreign Hoochie, from over at Anndi Luggage, http://anndisluggage.blogspot.com/ , sent this e-mail to me today. Now if anybody knows anything about Tennessee this could possibly happen in some parts. Wouldn’t surprise me whatsoever if it happened in my part of the world. I’m from Buford Pusser land… Walking Tall country… you know where some carry baseball bats, swing first and ask questions later… of course, that’s not me… I would never resort to such violence… I’d just call Bruno or Guido…

A big city corporate lawyer runs a stop sign in a small town in Tennessee, and gets pulled over by a sheriff's deputy.

He thinks that he is smarter than this hick town deputy because he is a lawyer and is certain that he has a better education. He decides to prove this to himself and have some fun at the deputy's expense.

Deputy says, 'License and registration, please.'
Lawyer says, 'What for?'
Deputy says, 'Y'all didn't come to a complete stop at the stop sign.'
Lawyer says, 'I slowed down, and no one was coming.'
Deputy says, 'You still didn't come to a complete stop. License and registration, please.'
Lawyer says, 'What's the difference?'
Deputy says, 'The difference is, y'all have to come to complete stop, that's the law. License and registration, please!'
Lawyer says, 'If you can show me the legal difference between slow down and stop, I'll give you my license and registration;
and you give me the ticket. If not, you let me go and don't give me the ticket.'
Deputy says, 'Sounds fair. Exit your vehicle, sir.'

At this point, the deputy takes out his nightstick and starts beating the ever-lovingcrap out of the lawyer and says,

'Do y'all want me to stop or just slowdown?'
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:45 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Piacere said ... (3/20/2007 6:56 AM) : 

LAWDY!!! Your whole household needs to be HEALED!!!! AMEN!!!

Glad you made it to Sweet 16 since my VCU Rams couldn't be there...(I'm not a UVA or VATECH fan - blech!).

HSGR!!
Bodacious

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (3/20/2007 2:32 PM) : 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

My joke made the blog! My joke made the blog!!!!

Ok.. now.. bleach.. really.. you need bleach...

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (3/20/2007 7:52 PM) : 

Get well ya Hoochie!! LOL on the lawyer joke--at least it was not a blonde lawyer hehehe

smooch

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (3/20/2007 8:00 PM) : 

Never argue with any law enforcement officer in the south.

 

post a comment