Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, March 12, 2007

Yup, I'm still alive. I've been very busy the past week and a half. As y'all know, we started remodeling the kitchen then Tony came sick with pneumonia. As of today, he still hasn't gone back to work... off for 2 weeks... hoping he will feel like going back tomorrow, and my kitchen is STILL NOT FINISHED. I was suppose to go to B'ham over the weekend with the other hoochies and hottie but my mother became sick with the flu and had to take care of her. Now Kaitlin came home from church yesterday, sick.... yup, you got it... flu....

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.... is this EVER going to be over with.....

This is just a short post to let y'all know I'm okay... tired... but okay.... didn't want y'all to think that I had fell off the face of the earth.....

I received this in e-mail and just loved it. So for all you wonderful women out there.....

MAYA ANGELOU'S BEST POEM EVER

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ....
enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own even if she never wants to or needs to...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ....
something perfect to wear if the employer or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ...
a youth she's content to leave behind....

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ....
a past juicy enough that she's looking forward to retelling it in her old age....

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE .....
a set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ....
one friend who always makes her laugh... and one who lets her cry...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ....
a good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ....
eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal that will make her guests feel honored...

A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE ....
a feeling of control over her destiny...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
how to fall in love without losing herself..

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
How to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship ...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
when to try harder... and WHEN TO WALK AWAY...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
that she can't change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents..

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
that her childhood may not have been perfect...but its over...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
what she would and wouldn't do for love or more...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
how to live alone... even if she doesn't like it...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
whom she can trust, whom she can't, and why she shouldn't take it personally...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
where to go... be it to her best friend's kitchen table... or a charming inn in the woods... when her soul needs soothing...

EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW...
what she can and can't accomplish in a day... a month...and a year...
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:59 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (3/12/2007 9:33 PM) : 

grrr. blogger is not cooperating tonight! hi dixie girl! so good to hear from you honey. hope everyone is okay now and your kitchen gets finished...

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (3/12/2007 9:57 PM) : 

Take care of yourself and the family. So sorry you missed Bham. I heard it was a Hootchie grope-fest!

Hang in there darlin!

 

Blogger Tug said ... (3/12/2007 10:07 PM) : 

Sorry you missed B'ham...hope you all feel better soon!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (3/13/2007 5:48 PM) : 

I'm sorry about you missing Bham too, honey...hopefully your reward will be as sweet as what you missed.

Your list about what I should have and what I should know sparked way too much reflection and now I'm depressed but I'm a little bit closer to knowing what I need to do. I wish it was as simple as running to the store to get that black lace bra! (I got that one handled.)

Thank you!

**hugs**

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (3/13/2007 7:52 PM) : 

:jots that down:

That's very good!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (3/13/2007 9:56 PM) : 

hi dixie! gosh i slept the whole day! gotta feel better, right? i keep telling myself that anyway...

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (3/13/2007 10:30 PM) : 

yo dixie, up and at em..... i tried that on miss bee and it did not work.

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (3/14/2007 11:23 AM) : 

Dixie, I'm so bummed out that you missed your weekend out with that bunch, here's hopping that everyone over there gets better soon.

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (3/14/2007 5:34 PM) : 

Hi, Dixie...
I follow you all over the blogs and need to stop by and say "hello" more often!
I've read that before and it makes a lot of sense!
Hope everyone is feeling better...

 

post a comment