Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, March 02, 2007

I'm still alive. I've been off work since Tuesday afternoon. What have I been doing you may ask? Well, we started Saturday "flipping" the kitchen. In the process of completing the project. Since Tony went to the doctor on Monday and was diagnosed with pneumonia, I've been doing alot of the project myself.

I haven't had much time to think of what I would write on my blog, so for this Friday I'm sharing something from my e-mail files.

NATURAL HIGHS

It Does Make You Feel Good, especially the thought at the end of #45

1. Falling in love.

2. Laughing so hard your face hurts.

3. A hot shower.

4. No lines at the supermarket.

5. A special glance.

6. Getting mail.

7. Taking a drive on a pretty road.

8. Hearing your favorite song on the radio.

9. Lying in bed listening to the rain outside.

10. Hot towels fresh out of the dryer.

11. Chocolate milkshake (vanilla or strawberry).

12. A bubble bath.

13. Giggling.

14. A good conversation.

15. The beach

16. Finding a 20 dollar bill in your coat from last winter.

17. Laughing at yourself.

18. Looking into their eyes and knowing they Love you

19. Midnight phone calls that last for hours.

20. Running through sprinklers.

21. Laughing for absolutely no reason at all.

22. Having someone tell you that you're beautiful.

23. Laughing at an inside joke

24. Friends.

25. Accidentally overhearing someone say something nice about you.

26. Waking up and realizing you still have a few hours left to sleep.

27. Your first kiss (either the very first or with a new partner).

28. Making new friends or spending time with old ones.

29. Playing with a new puppy.

30. Having someone play with your hair.

31. Sweet dreams.

32. Hot chocolate.

33. Road trips with friends.

34. Swinging on swings.

35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.

36. Making chocolate chip cookies.

37. Having your friends send you homemade cookies.

38 Holding hands with someone you care about.

39. Running into an old friend and realizing that some things (good or bad) never change.

40. Watching the expression on someone's face as they open a much desired present from you.

41. Watching the sunrise.

42. Getting out of bed every morning and being grateful for another beautiful day.

43. Knowing that somebody misses you.

44. Getting a hug from someone you care about deeply.

45. Knowing you've done the right thing, no matter what other people think.
SMOOCHES.... have a great weekend!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:42 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (3/02/2007 6:34 AM) : 

Dixie, I give you a 44/45. I could not agree with phone calls at midnight. Nothing good comes out of it, my wife gets mad if it's my girlfriend, and I get made if it's anybody else.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (3/02/2007 6:59 AM) : 

Great grouping of sweet things!

Something I could put on the list is moving my cat off the bed and finding the warm spot when I crawl in bed.

Oh another one....the dog warms the rug in front on my bathroom mirror. Standing right there after getting out of the shower is sweet!

I love my pets!

 

Blogger Coco said ... (3/02/2007 10:08 AM) : 

Smiles are precious, even more if your day ain't so great. Thanks for revisiting this one, Dix. Love ya.

 

Blogger Abigail S said ... (3/02/2007 11:17 AM) : 

35. Making eye contact with a cute stranger.

I LOVE that one! That makes me all giggly!

Thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (3/02/2007 12:38 PM) : 

ROAD TRIPS WITH FRIENDS!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

You, me and the hottie.. oh my!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (3/02/2007 1:27 PM) : 

Hey...where is hangin' with the Hootchies and the Hottie?

LOL

Great list darlin'

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (3/02/2007 1:53 PM) : 

Fabulous list sugarbaby!!
SMOOCH

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (3/02/2007 4:33 PM) : 

Woooo! Nice list! Uh, does the puppy have to be new for you to play with her, 'cause puppies that have been around awhile like to play too! **wags tail** LOL

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (3/02/2007 9:04 PM) : 

Being brain-dead tired, crawling into bed alone, and waking up some time later, wrapped in the arms of the one you love and who loves you.

**contented sigh**

 

Blogger Linda said ... (3/03/2007 11:53 AM) : 

These are all great things that make me feel terrific but I particularly like #26! Especially considering that I am NOT a morning person!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (3/09/2007 7:31 PM) : 

Hi dixie, great new look........... Bring a hankie and stop by my place.

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (3/10/2007 5:22 PM) : 

Love 'em all!

Please email Mimi if you'd be interested in participating in BlogBlast for Peace again this year. I'd love to have someone with connections to other military families to spread the word. Hope you can help.
Praying for your son and his journeys...

Mimi

 

Blogger Linda said ... (3/12/2007 2:12 PM) : 

Hey Dixie - just checking in to see how you're doing! Hope that everything is well with you!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (3/12/2007 5:11 PM) : 

Hi dixie, we are missing you..

 

post a comment