Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

SOAPBOX TIME
*steps up on soapbox, taps mic, clears throat*
I have a question today… and I’m on my soap box… Sorry

Why do we care that Britney Spears shaved her head over the weekend and had 2 tattoos and that Anna Nicole Smith slept with so many men that she had no idea who the father of her baby was when we have soldiers dying every day in another country? Is the freakin media so desperate for news that we have to constantly hear this about Britney and Anna Nicole?

I’ve heard some say one reason that maybe the reason we are hearing so much about Britney Spears is that she is a role model for so many young girls. WAKE UP CALL!!!!!!!! HELLO!!!!!!! IF THIS IS A ROLE MODEL FOR YOU DAUGHTERS….YOU NEED TO BE DUMMY SLAPPED…YOU NEED MAKE SURE YOUR DAUGHTER HAS ANOTHER TYPE OF ROLE MODEL. Now I’m not the one to tell you who should be a role model for you daughter but for Pete’s sake… NOT BRITNEY SPEARS….

Let’s look at someone like Condoleezza Rice. Rice is the first African American woman and second woman (after Madeline Albright) to serve as Secretary of State. Before joining the Bush administration, she was a Professor of political science at Stanford University. I could go on and on about this great woman.

Let’s also look Nancy Pelosi. Pelosi is the 60th and current Speaker of the United States House of Representatives. She also is the first woman, first Californian, and first Italian American in U. S. History to hold the office. I could go on and on also about this great woman.

If there should be an outside person as a role model then in my opinion, both of these women have accomplished a task that no other woman has accomplished but has also set forth the road for our young women of tomorrow.

But most importantly YOU, THE MOTHER, should be the role model for you daughter, but not only your daughter but your son also.

God's Word says, "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much" (Luke 16:10). Kids see adult role models as examples of what it takes to get ahead in the real world.

*steps down off soapbox*

Thank you.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:31 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (2/20/2007 12:29 AM) : 

Amen, sister!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (2/20/2007 7:36 AM) : 

Go girl, I am sick of both of them.. oh by the way, I am not the father of Anna Nicole's baby, it seems that a lot of people cannot be so sure.

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (2/20/2007 8:07 AM) : 

well you had me honey all the way up to nancy pelosi. you lost me to another planet there. condi? you bet! nancy, out to lunch. i don't even thing SHE believes the crap that dribbles out of her mouth and slips around her forked tongue. sorry for MY rant, still friends?

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/20/2007 8:13 AM) : 

Thanks Gracie... and I wasn't just preaching to the choir... LOL

Sarge.. I kinda sorta figured you weren't her baby's daddy... LOL

Mrs. Bee.... yes, still friends. That's what makes this country so great ... our freedom of speech.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (2/20/2007 9:13 AM) : 

*Applauding*

I am so sick of so called parents' whining "well she wanted that pair of low cut jeans" when called on why their eleven year old is dressed only slightly less provocatively than a hooker. Be a parent--dammit--you are supposed to guide and filter not be a friend. Shew--okay

You have it right sugarbaby!!

And I love the verse at the end--fab

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Tug said ... (2/20/2007 9:45 AM) : 

Bravo!!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (2/20/2007 9:59 AM) : 

Way to go, Dixie! I agree with you 100%. People definitely need to take the raising of their children into their own hands and provide them with the role models they need. After all, if the parents don't provide the role models, the kids will find their own...like Britney Spears, Kevin Federline, etc.

 

Blogger Lisa Knight said ... (2/20/2007 10:12 AM) : 

If only the news media would listen to us Moms! We'd have a lot more on the good that our troops are doing & a LOT less on what Brittnay did to her hair...So was she listening to a Sinade O'conner album??? Should we expect her to rip up a pic of the Pope next??? Oh wait, that'd mean she knows who the Pope is...And are we to take from the Anna NS thing that Trim Spa make you sleep with so many people you don't remember who the Daddy is???

 

Blogger Julie said ... (2/20/2007 6:33 PM) : 

Good job Dixie! I'm so glad that my daughter never tried to emulate any pop star!

*hugs*

 

Blogger Peg said ... (2/20/2007 7:12 PM) : 

Oh, Dixie...you know I am right there with you, sister! ANS & Brit...I am very troubled by the media's insistence that this is what WE the viewing public WANT to see, hear and learn more about.

Cheers!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (2/20/2007 8:33 PM) : 

Bravo! Bravo! Thank you for getting up on that soapbox and saying what a lot of us have been thinking. WHO CARES????? about Britney and Paris and Anna Nicole or any of those people?

I fail to understand why the media is still talking about Anna Nicole Smith - they didn't even talk about her this much when she was alive! She had no talent, none, and her life was a train wreck waiting to happen. Let her rest in peace and move on. I do have to say I feel bad for her poor daughter - what a legacy to leave your child.

As for Britney, let her go to rehab and then let us hear no more about her and her latest foibles. She shaved her head and got two tattoos - SO WHAT?? She needs to get over herself and the media needs to get over her also.

I have two daughters and if either one of them even thought about idolizing any of the trash that comes out of Hollywood these days I would ship them off to the nearest nunnery!! And I'm not even Catholic!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/20/2007 9:17 PM) : 

First let me say this Turn... if No. 1 daughter even thought that she would walk out of this house looking like a two bit hooker, I'd immediately turn her little booty around, march her to her room and MAKE her put on some very lady like... jeans and a t-shirt...

Couldn't agree with you more Meri... if kids today were subject to "our" kind of raising the world would be a lot better off.

Lisa, the media it totally out of control...yes, they should listen to us... the news would be a lot more interesting....

Thank you Julie... No. 1 Daughter hasn't either and I'm so very thankful for that...

Thank you too Peg... I fell so strong about this post. This is a subject that is bugging me...

Linda, if this is what Trim Spa does for you then I'm going to stay justlike I am... LOL.. I too feel so sorry for that beautiful baby that ANS left behind. Hopefully, she will be placed with a good loving, christian stable home.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (2/20/2007 10:31 PM) : 

HOOOOOOOOORAHHHHHHHHHHH

Dixie...brilliant..what I do in jokes, you do in concise brilliant seriouslness...thank you pookie

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/20/2007 10:36 PM) : 

Thank you Snugglebritches... Oh and I get a HOOOOOOOOOOOOORAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH .

;-)

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (2/21/2007 8:49 AM) : 

No way Sarge Charlie could be the father, he's still too young. We only get a bit of the news here in Afghanistan and they are stuck on Anna and Brittney, good grief!!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (2/21/2007 9:56 AM) : 

*applauds wildly*

HSGR!

 

Blogger Sadie said ... (2/21/2007 5:31 PM) : 

I saw your comment over at Bond's.

How have you not used the word "tump?" I love that word. Use it everyday!

Like, the cat tumps over to get belly rubs.

Good word.

Oh, and Brit? Keee-ray-zee.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/21/2007 10:16 PM) : 

beautifully written! i couldn't have said it better myself!
AMEN!

 

Blogger Barb said ... (2/22/2007 9:54 AM) : 

This needs to be said over and over again!!!!

 

post a comment