Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, February 09, 2007

USS New York
I received this e-mail tonight and it just put chills all over me. I felt that I needed to share this with all my friends... I know y'all will feel just as proud as I do looking at and reading this. We will "Never Forget"......




It was built with 24 tons of scrap steel from the World Trade Center.

It is the fifth in a new class of warship - designed for missions that include special operations against terrorists. It will carry a crew of 360 sailors and 700 combat-ready Marines to be delivered ashore by helicopters and assault craft.

Steel from the World Trade Center was melted down in a foundry in Amite , LA to cast the ship's bow section. When it was poured into the molds on Sept. 9, 2003, "those big rough steelworkers treated it with total reverence," recalled Navy Capt. Kevin Wensing, who was there. "It was a spiritual moment for everybody there."

Junior Chavers, foundry operations manager, said that when the trade center steel first arrived, he touched it with his hand and the "hair on my neck stood up." "It had a big meaning to it for all of us," he said. "They knocked us down. They can't keep us down. We're going to be back."

The ship's motto? "Never Forget"
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:31 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (2/09/2007 8:57 PM) : 

oh yeah, let's roll.....

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (2/09/2007 8:59 PM) : 

great post dixie, this old soldier will never forget and i hope those marines go get some payback......

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/09/2007 9:02 PM) : 

Mrs. Bee... I warned y'all... ;-)

I agree with you Sarge... totally agree.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (2/09/2007 10:58 PM) : 

It leaves you speechless, doesn't it. Awesome.

 

Blogger Peg said ... (2/10/2007 6:24 AM) : 

Wow...thanks for sharing that Dixie.

As tug said, "it leaves you speechless..."

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (2/10/2007 1:04 PM) : 

That's outstanding.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (2/10/2007 2:37 PM) : 

Wonderful you are back again Pookie...

Missed my Hoochie Mamas the last few days..

I do have to tell you one thing.. I had a real hard time reading today with that tribute above your picture. I can not see those pictures without beginning to get ill remembering NYC that day.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (2/12/2007 12:31 PM) : 

A wonderful post Dix. Thank you so much for sharing that.

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (2/12/2007 6:44 PM) : 

Dix - Thank you so much for posting this. I knew nothing about it! Where have I been? Loads of Prayers for your son! Loads of Love for you!

 

post a comment