Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Thanks to Hoochie Mary again for posting for me today. Whatever would I do without her helping me? She is a diamond in the ruff…

One day I will tell the story of how “The Hoochies” and “The Hottie” came about.

I can relate from past experience to most all of these. I just realized this morning that it has been over 18 months since I’ve had a drink. It’s not because I can’t drink, it’s because I choose not to. I just don’t have the desire for it anymore. So for your reading pleasure I have the 5 Levels of Hangovers:

If you can read this without laughing or you can't relate to any of it, you are on the wrong mailing list my friend...

One Star Hangover (*)
No pain. No real feeling of illness. You're able to function relatively well. However, you are still parched. You can drink 5 cokes and still feel this way. For some reason, you are craving a steak & fries.

Two Star Hangover (**)
No pain, but something is definitely amiss. You may look okay, but you have the mental capacity of a staple gun. The coffee you are chugging is only increasing your rumbling gut, which is still tossing around the fruity pancake from the 3:00 AM Waffle House excursion. There is some definite havoc being wreaked upon your bowels.

Three Star Hangover (***)
Slight headache. Stomach feels crappy. You are definitely not productive. Anytime a girl walks by you gag because her perfume reminds you of the flavored schnapps shots your alcoholic friends dared you to drink. Life would be better right now if you were home in your bed watching Lucy reruns. You've had 4 cups of coffee, a gallon of water, 3 iced teas and a diet Coke--yet you haven't peed once.

Four Star Hangover (****)
Life sucks. Your head is throbbing. You can't speak too quickly or else you might puke. Your boss has already lambasted you for being late and has given you a lecture for reeking of booze. You wore nice clothes, but that can't hide the fact that you only shaved one side of your face. For the ladies, it looks like you put your make-up on while riding the bumper cars. Your eyes look like one big red vein, and even your hair hurts. Your ass is in perpetual spasm, and the first of about five shits you take during the day brings water to the eyes of everyone who enters the bathroom.

Five Star Hangover (*****)

You have a second heartbeat in your head, which is actually annoying the employee who sits in the next cube. Vodka vapor is seeping out of every pore and making you dizzy. You still have toothpaste crust in the corners of your mouth from brushing your teeth in an attempt to get the remnants of the poop fairy out. Your body has lost the ability to generate spit so your tongue is suffocating you. You don't have the foggiest idea who the hell the stranger was passed out in your bed this morning. Any attempt to take a dump results in a fire hose like discharge of alcohol-scented fluid with a rare 'Floater' thrown in. The sole purpose of this 'Floater' seems to be to splash the toilet water all over your ass. Death sounds pretty good about right now...

THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Indubitably; Innovative; Preliminary; Proliferation; Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

Specificity; British Constitution; Passive-aggressive disorder; Loquacious; Transubstantiate

THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN YOU'RE DRUNK:

1.) Thanks, but I don't want to have sex.
2.) Nope, no more booze for me.
3.) Sorry, but you're not really my type.
4.) Good evening officer isn't it lovely out tonight.
5.) Oh, I just couldn't. No one wants to hear me sing.
6.) Sorry I'm being such a jackass.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:41 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/30/2007 9:48 AM) : 

I was laughing my butt off while I posted this for you! too funny

I gotta say, I usually only have a Two Star unless dancing wasn't involved, then I'm in trouble. HSGR!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1/30/2007 10:41 AM) : 

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
*breathes*
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Oh Lord.. let's see.. I had a level 2 hangover the day I recount in yesterday's post... yup!

Excellent!

Note to self: close the door next time you read one of these .. the sounds of the gigglefit will me muted!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (1/30/2007 1:22 PM) : 

yup, that's true honey... every word of it.

smiles too!

bee

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/30/2007 1:57 PM) : 

*snort*
Bwahahahahaha!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/30/2007 2:04 PM) : 

*Snarf* Oh lawdy--I was at about a Three on Sunday. Whose idea was it to mix red wine and grappa---ugh. But on a good note I won two of the poker games and made $70 bucks. Those guys were sure pissed that a drunk chick beat them LOLOLOL

Too funny

SHGR

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (1/30/2007 4:07 PM) : 

LOL! I've never experienced any of those...and hope I never will!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/30/2007 4:54 PM) : 

Hmm... Memories...light the corner of my mind...misty watercolor memories...I how drunk I was.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/30/2007 7:44 PM) : 

Hell, I have a hard time saying some of those words when I'm sober!!

Oh this did not bring back any good memories. Ya know why?? Cause I can't remember most of it!!!

Ahhhh the blackouts.

Luckily it only took the one 5 star hangover to cure me of drinking that much. We will not be discussing the additional number of 4 star hangovers it took.

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahah

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/30/2007 8:07 PM) : 

I have had all levels at one time or another.. and you hit the main points right on the money

POOKIE.. great post

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/31/2007 8:51 AM) : 

In May it will be 20 years since my last hangover, you know, I just don't miss it.......

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (2/01/2007 4:42 PM) : 

I've had every type of hanger over too. I now only drink beer...anything else will give me a 4 or 5 star.
The part about the poop fairy had me laughing out loud...literally.
Thanks for the laugh. :-)

 

post a comment