Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, January 25, 2007




Edition #8


HOW TO STAY YOUNG

1. Try everything twice. On Madams tombstone (of Whelan's and Madam) she said she wanted this epitaph: Tried everything twice...loved it both times!

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down. (keep this in mind if you are one of those grouches;)

3. Keep learning: Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain get idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's!

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath. And if you have a friend who makes you laugh, spend lots and lots of time with HIM/HER.

6. The tears happen: Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. LIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love: Whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, whatever. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9 Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county, to a foreign country, but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

11. Forgive now those who made you cry. You might not get a second time.

12. Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much

13. John Lennon's line "Life is what happens while you're making other plans


Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:36 PM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/25/2007 8:17 AM) : 

This is an excellent list. I tried to choose a favorite, but it's all great advice.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/25/2007 8:19 AM) : 

Keep only cheerful friends!

Gee I can't imagine anyone that would fit this category. HELL I can think of a few Hoocies and one HOTTIE!

 

Blogger Piacere said ... (1/25/2007 8:27 AM) : 

I'm always on the lookout for ways to stay young, Dixie...these are all terrific reminders...I especially like #6 (and I'll give a big AMEN to Busy's comment!!).

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (1/25/2007 8:55 AM) : 

keep only cheerful friends. sigh... wish i could do this. i'll work on it but i warn you, my "friends list" will shrink considerably! see i'm the one that makes THEM laugh, they hang on for dear life, me, i try not to get dragged down too deep honey. but i WILL work on it!! smiles, bee

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/25/2007 9:16 AM) : 

I did save your photos, thanks. one will be on my side bar today

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (1/25/2007 9:20 AM) : 

great list, I love life, laughing, and I've got that foreign country thingy down. Even tried it twice.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/25/2007 9:25 AM) : 

All great tips! I really enjoyed reading them.

Happy Thursday!

 

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said ... (1/25/2007 9:26 AM) : 

A wonderful list--thanks for sharing! Happy TT! Joely

 

Blogger Mary said ... (1/25/2007 9:56 AM) : 

Beautiful list, very creative an heartfelt. You made me smile today! :O) Happy TT!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/25/2007 10:06 AM) : 

Great list - I love #13 =)

My TT is up, too. Please stop by @ Coffee2go - Thanks =)

 

Blogger Alastriona, The Cats and Dogs said ... (1/25/2007 10:27 AM) : 

Great advice.

If you want to learn 13 Things about Stonewall Jackson drop by my TT #4

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/25/2007 11:48 AM) : 

awesome list sweetie!

just saw the "never forget", very moving and oh so true, we must never forget.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (1/25/2007 12:05 PM) : 

Thanks terrilynn and thanks for stopping by.

Busy and Pia, yes we are a cheerful bunch aren't we...

Bee, I don't think you will have to worry too much about cheering me up... LOL

Sarge, I saw the photo... it is moving, isn't it?

Sgt. Dub, please stay safe in that foreign country.

Christina & Joely, thanks for stopping by and Happy TT!

Sanni, good to see you again. And thanks for those diet tips.

DariDonovan, thanks for remembering my future Marine.

Mert, I'm glad that you were able to smile.

Alasandra, thanks for stopping by. I will be sure and check out your TT.

Thanks Mary... yes "Never Forget" is very moving and powerful.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (1/25/2007 2:16 PM) : 

I'm in West TN. Pigeon Forge is in East TN.

Did you ever see the 1970 something movie "Walking Tall", about Sheriff Buford Pusser? That's where I'm from. He cleaned a lot of the corruption up on the Mississippi/Tennessee state line.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (1/25/2007 2:29 PM) : 

Great list----Ooooo I am eight years old!!

My philosophy on life YUP

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (1/25/2007 2:41 PM) : 

I knew you would like these Turn...

 

Blogger Gail said ... (1/25/2007 5:04 PM) : 

Loved the list...and you're right!!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/25/2007 5:48 PM) : 

Great list! I really like number 3 and 5. And spending time learning with a friend who cracks you up is even better!

**hugs**

 

Blogger palmtreefanatic said ... (1/25/2007 6:18 PM) : 

great list! so true too!

 

Blogger palmtreefanatic said ... (1/25/2007 6:18 PM) : 

great list! so true too!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (1/25/2007 6:47 PM) : 

I don't participate in Thursday Thirteen though I'm thinking that at some point I will but I wanted to say that is an excellent list with some excellent advice - thank you for sharing it.

Also, I am going to post your blog over on my page as I want to come over here more often and that's the best way for me to remember!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (1/25/2007 7:22 PM) : 

wonderful list, and so very true!

Happy TT!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (1/25/2007 8:15 PM) : 

:makes notes:

Hey, I feel younger already!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/25/2007 9:06 PM) : 

Just getting to read blogs.. This work for anyone?

 

Blogger Raggedy said ... (1/25/2007 9:58 PM) : 

What a great list!
Thanks
My TT is up
Have a wonderful Thursday!

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (1/25/2007 10:39 PM) : 

Great list dixie! much love hun :)

 

Blogger Merle said ... (1/26/2007 6:47 AM) : 

Hi Dixie ~~ These are very good and
will keep them in mind. Thanks for your visits. The joke you sent (about septic tanks) was so funny, my brother Peter at HoltiesHouse is also going to post it. I agree, Life is a gift, we get given every day.
Love your Never forget. Nice photo of you. Take care, Love, Merle.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/26/2007 9:50 AM) : 

Buford and his base ball bat........

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/26/2007 8:01 PM) : 

Wonderful sentiments darlin.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1/27/2007 11:50 AM) : 

Don't know if it'll keep me young but I do love you Sis!

 

Blogger Rainbow said ... (1/28/2007 8:46 AM) : 

Hey Dix - Have I been put on "some list" or something? Have not heard from many of my friends lately, nor visits from many at my blog. Oh I'll just go over and sit in the corner, then. So Proud of your Matt!
Love,
Sueann

 

post a comment