Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, January 29, 2007

I want to thank Hoochie Mary for posting this for me. As the internet police have locked down blogger it is impossible to post blogs or comment on other blogs from work. I have been looking around for other places to blog, but I can’t find any place that I like as well. All the others do not have ways for me express myself like blogger. We are having internet issues at home, so access is limited. Hopefully, we will have internet issues at home solved by the end of the week, and then it will be back to business as usual. So everyone please bear with me. I am NOT ignoring anyone. Please don’t take me off your list…. I will be back…

So until I can get back into full swing, I’m going to leave you with this.

Ain't it the Truth!!!


A woman goes to the doctor for her yearly physical.
The nurse starts with certain basic items.
"How much do you weigh?" she asks.
"115," she says.
The nurse puts her on the scale.
It turns out her weight is 130.

The nurse asks, "Your height?"
"5 foot 4," she says.
The nurse checks and sees that she only measures 5' 0".

She then takes her blood pressure
And tells the woman it is very high.
"Of course it's high!" she screams,
"When I came in here I was tall and slender!
Now I'm short and fat!"


Wet Pants


There is a nine-year-old kid sitting at his desk and all of a sudden, there is a puddle between his feet and the front of his pants are wet. He thinks his heart is going to stop because he cannot possibly imagine how this has happened. It's never happened before, and he knows that when the boys find out he will never hear the end of it. When the girls find out, they'll never speak to him again as long as he lives.

The boy believes his heart is going to stop; he puts his head down and prays this prayer, "Dear God, this is an emergency! I need help now! Five minutes from now I'm dead meat."

He looks up from his prayer and here comes the teacher with a look in her eyes that says he has been discovered.

As the teacher is walking toward him, a classmate named Susie is carrying a goldfish bowl that is filled with water. Susie trips in front of the teacher and inexplicably dumps the bowl of water in the boy's lap.

The boy pretends to be angry, but all the while is saying to himself, "Thank you, Lord! Thank you, Lord!"

Now all of a sudden, instead of being the object of ridicule, the boy is the object of sympathy. The teacher rushes him downstairs and gives him gym shorts to put on while his pants dry out. All the other children are on their hands and knees cleaning up around his desk. The sympathy is wonderful. But as life would have it, the ridicule that should have been his has been transferred to someone else - Susie.

She tries to help, but they tell her to get out. “You've done enough, you klutz!"

Finally, at the end of the day, as they are waiting for the bus, the boy walks over to Susie and whispers, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?" Susie whispers back, "I wet my pants once too."

May God help us see the opportunities that are always around us to do good.

Remember.....Just going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car.

Each and everyone one of us is going through tough times right now, but God is getting ready to bless you in a way that only He can. Keep the faith.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:01 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (1/29/2007 2:21 PM) : 

Awwww, that was sweet! Sometimes, the small things we do can make a world of difference to someone. Hugs!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (1/29/2007 2:29 PM) : 

first one was funny, the last one got me a little choked up.

HSGR!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (1/29/2007 3:54 PM) : 

Thanks for sharing that second story.. I have read it before but it deserves to be told again

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (1/29/2007 6:04 PM) : 

thanks dixie! and don't worry about it, blog when you can! we'll be here, but thanks so much for letting us know! bee

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (1/29/2007 6:53 PM) : 

As if we could ever forget our Dixie Darlin!!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (1/29/2007 7:35 PM) : 

I'd like to thank Hoochie Mary for posting that for you, too! Thanks for the laugh but even more for the second thoughtful reminder - I love the line about not being a car if you stand in a garage.

Sounds like your Interntet police are related to my Internet police at work! Thank goodness the Internet at home works!

Take care and I hope that things are up and running again soon!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (1/29/2007 8:29 PM) : 

What Bee said. Your post is great, we want whatever you can give. You want me to speak to the internet police?

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (1/30/2007 6:18 AM) : 

*sends Bruno and Guido to have a calm discussion with the Internet Police*

Love ya Sis...

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (1/30/2007 9:26 AM) : 

I'm not a car? noooooo, wait...i'm not in a garage, ok.
Reminder then, we can't see who wets their pants over the internet...thank goodness.
Thank you Mary for keeping Dixie connected.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (1/30/2007 4:58 PM) : 

**blinks**

Wait a minute! Hey I had wet pants last weeek! I I I I I mean I had wet pants on my blog last week!

**giggles**

 

Blogger Merle said ... (2/02/2007 12:15 AM) : 

Hi Dixie ~~ What a nice story - good
for little Susie. We all seem to be having trouble with blogger lately.
I posted the Ways to stay Young that you posted. It was good, hope that is OK with you. I did give you credit.
Hope all is well at your place.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 

post a comment