Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What do you give your spouse, partner, significant other this Valentine’s Day? Not only on Valentine’s Day but the rest of the year.

The most precious gift you can give is YOU. Sole access to your soul. That means trust, honesty, openness, vulnerability, baring the “real you,” in contrast to the many faces and hats you’re often required to put on with the rest of the world. That means exposing your weaknesses and ugliness along with the better angels of your nature.

It’s an honor and a privilege to be allowed into someone’s “inner sanctum;” the very private place which has a capacity of one. That, I believe, is the essence of marriage or a relationship… of man and woman becoming “one flesh.” Body, mind, spirit completely intermingled.

This is not necessarily a sexual or physical presentation, but the gift of a constant renewal and reaffirmation of your love and commitment is ALWAYS best. It will not only make him/her happy to be with you but it will also STRENGTHEN your bond.

So here is my recommendation:

Whatever attracted you to each other: CONTINUE
Whatever you perceive is a lasting give; GIVE

Material possessions are nice, but that’s NOT why you are together, is it? I sincerely doubt it. It’s very simple, BE HONEST, BE YOURSELF and TRULY LOVE your spouse, partner, significant other.

That is so much better than ANYTHING you can ever buy.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:06 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (2/13/2007 10:02 PM) : 

well dixie this is certainly good news because i didn't buy sarge a present! ha ha thanks!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Julie said ... (2/13/2007 10:58 PM) : 

Very good words of wisdom!

I'm glad that I stopped here!

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (2/14/2007 1:49 AM) : 

Happy Valentines Day!!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (2/14/2007 7:41 AM) : 

perfect! HSGR!

 

Blogger Slackermommy said ... (2/14/2007 10:14 AM) : 

Great advice. Happy Valentine's Day!

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (2/14/2007 10:29 AM) : 

Happy Valentines Day Dixie, great perception on true love.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (2/14/2007 11:15 AM) : 

No wonder I love you so big sis...

Happy Valentine's Day!

You are a cherished blessing in my life... you have offered me love and comfort ... you have made me laugh... you ARE my sister.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (2/14/2007 12:56 PM) : 

Everybody knows what I got miss bee, she talked about her camera and i put her valentine up for all to see.

Happy valentine's Miss Chickie.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (2/14/2007 3:01 PM) : 

Wonderful sentiments, Dixie! Thanks for sharing.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (2/15/2007 1:09 PM) : 

Tony is one lucky guy Sugarbaby.

Such a good post!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (2/15/2007 2:37 PM) : 

My dear friend... that is one hell of a post, sorry i got here a day too late

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2/16/2007 6:57 PM) : 

:cries:

 

post a comment