Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, February 23, 2007

It’s finally Friday…..

I was going to do a blog today on American Idol, the contestants, blah, blah, blah… but since the wonderful Mrs. Bee and Sarge Charlie nominated be for bestest blog and I won I wanted to give them a very special thanks today. Make sure you go and visit them at Sarge Charlie and Empress Bee (of the high sea). They are the bestest people that you will ever meet.

So now I'm going to tell you who I have decided to vote for in 2008. You may be a little surprised. I received this e-mail today from a co-worker and I firmly believe that she is spot on with this... so without futher ado.....
MY CANDIDATE FOR PRESIDENT IN 2008


For those of you who would like another choice for President, I have the best solution: It is probably time we have a woman as President. I think Mrs. Bee will agree with me on this one... Sarge too... heck... I think there may be alot more people than you think who will agree with me on this...


PLEASE give it a thought when you have a moment....


MAXINE FOR PRESIDENT!!!




So eloquently put............don't you think?

Maxine on "Driver Safety" "I can't use the cell phone in the car. I have to keep my hands free for making gestures.".......

Maxine on "Housework" "I do my housework in the nude. It gives me an incentive to clean the mirrors as quickly as possible."

Maxine on "Lawn Care" "The key to a nice-looking lawn is a good mower. I recommend one who is muscular and shirtless."

Maxine on "The Perfect Man" "All I'm looking for is a guy who'll do what I want, when I want, for as long as I want, and then go away. Or wait nearby, like a Dust Buster, charged up and ready when needed."

Maxine on "Technology Revolution" "My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice."

Maxine on "Aging" "Take every birthday with a grain of salt. This works much better if the salt accompanies a Margarita."


"I'm telling you ... she's the perfect candidate."


The only two things we do with greater frequency in middle age are urinate and attend funerals ..

The trouble with bucket seats is that not everybody has the same size bucket
To err is human, to forgive - highly unlikely.

Do you realize that in about 40 years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with multiple tattoos and pierced navels?

Money can't buy happiness -- but it's more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than a Kia.


After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching somewhere...you may be dead.



MAXINE HAS MY VOTE FOR PRESIDENT!


Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:56 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (2/22/2007 9:30 PM) : 

okay here is the deal. the nominations are closed, the top five in each category are now in competition with each other. charlie is in the veterans category, dub is in afghanistan, etc. now the actual voting is going on, ok?

and i adore maxine, she'd deal with those terrorists!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Tug said ... (2/22/2007 9:33 PM) : 

I love Maxine.........& YOU GO GIRL!!

 

Blogger Lizza said ... (2/22/2007 10:21 PM) : 

Congrats on winning bestest blog! (Our little bird led me here, too. *grin*)

Maxine sounds awesome. If I were an American citizen, I'd vote for her. :-)

Have a great day!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (2/23/2007 7:21 AM) : 

Go Maxine!! WOOOOOOOOOOO!!

good luck Dixie girl!

HSGRRRR

 

Blogger Angell said ... (2/23/2007 11:07 AM) : 

Ok, I can't vote, cuz I'm not American, but if she won the presidency, I would celebrate.

GO MAXINE!!!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (2/23/2007 2:18 PM) : 

Woooooooooooooooo!!!! You go, Maxine! Gotta luv her!

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (2/23/2007 5:04 PM) : 

By golly, I think you're on to something! She's certainly a heck of a lot better looking than Hillary and a whole lot smarter!!!
Congratulations on being Blogger of the Day! You've got a great site,,,
~~~Blessings~~~

 

Blogger Linda said ... (2/23/2007 7:17 PM) : 

I can't think of a better female candidate myself! I'd love to hear her take on foreign policy!

Congrats again on your win!! It's posts like this that prove that you really deserved it!

 

Blogger Abigail S said ... (2/23/2007 10:01 PM) : 

I love the one about the perfect man! That WOULD be perfect!

Thanks for the laughs! (I really needed it today.)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2/24/2007 6:05 PM) : 

AYE-MEN!

 

post a comment