Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, February 22, 2007






Edition #12

13 things favorite things … in no random order and of course this isn’t a complete list.

1. The smell of clothes that dried on a clothesline on a spring day
2. The smell of sautéed chopped onions
3. That ice cold part of the bed
4. The smell of a Christmas tree in the living room
5. The first snowflakes in winter
6. A crackling campfire
7. Drinking Coca-Cola with lots of ice
8. The smell of a big box of crayons
9. Flying a kite on a really windy day
10. Getting in the car and driving with no destination
11. A baby’s deep, chortling laugh
12. The smell of really old books
13. The smell of fresh cut grass


Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:46 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (2/21/2007 7:58 PM) : 

what about dandelions and lightning bugs?

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Raggedy said ... (2/21/2007 7:59 PM) : 

Thursday Thirteen has come to an end.
I have enjoyed my visits here and consider us friends.
Thank you for sharing your thirteens with me.
The comments you left me filled me with glee.
It is hard to believe it is really true.
I am trying very hard to not be blue.
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/21/2007 8:01 PM) : 

i like the smell of sauteed onions too, every meal i make, there's always onions! and baby's laugh...no greater laugh than that, so pure so innocent!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (2/21/2007 8:41 PM) : 

congratulations on bestest blog of the day dixie!!! yay you!!!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/21/2007 8:44 PM) : 

Do whaaaaaaaaaaa?????? when???? where???? Whaaaaaaaa????

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (2/21/2007 8:55 PM) : 

Yes Mam, Bestest Blog of The day, stop by and see what I did......

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (2/21/2007 9:45 PM) : 

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

YAY Dixie!!! Bestest Blog!!!

**does a hop jig, a soul twitch, and a left leg swing with extra thigh action while juggling leprechauns and singing in the rain**

Congrats darlin!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/21/2007 10:08 PM) : 

Mrs. Bee... I love watching fireflys in the summer, catching them in a jar too and ah yes the dandelions... always loved to pick them and blow the blooms off... funny thing... I still do both of those things.

A huge Thank you to Mrs. Bee for the nomination. And a huge Thank you to Sarge too for introducing us. Both of these people are gems!

Thank you Trav.... and you know what that does to me when you do that thing... ::THUD::

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/21/2007 10:09 PM) : 

Yes Raggedy, I'm bummed about the end of Thursday Thirteen too... but as I always say, when one door closes another one opens... We will have another Thursday Meme... but probably won't be as fun...

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (2/21/2007 10:23 PM) : 

better be sweet onions and pepsi not coke

smooch

 

Blogger Abigail S said ... (2/21/2007 10:25 PM) : 

3) My favorite spot as well!

5) That always makes me giggle like a 5 year old... maybe that's why I teach 5 year olds!

10) Probably the most relaxing thing in the world!

Great Thirteen!

Here via Bestest Blog. Congrats on being blog of the day!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/21/2007 10:36 PM) : 

Ahhhh yes Bond... what other kind of onions are there???? And NO it's not Pepsi.. It's Coke...

Thanks Abigal and thanks for stopping by. I love the "cold spot" in the bed... I'm always trying to find it and sometimes No. 1 Man in my life and I fight over the "cold spot"...LOL

 

Blogger Smalltown RN said ... (2/22/2007 2:29 AM) : 

Oh I love all of your choices....the clothline...the driving destination no where...the cut grass...oh life doesn't get any better....

Happy Thursday!

 

Blogger Kimo and Sabi said ... (2/22/2007 2:33 AM) : 

You fergot to put yer son on yer list!

 

Blogger Piacere said ... (2/22/2007 6:03 AM) : 

Congrats, Dixie!!! And a wonderful TT - I like the cold spot in the bed, too!

HSGR!!!

 

Blogger Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said ... (2/22/2007 6:40 AM) : 

Glad I'm not the only one that likes the really cold spot on the bed, and then after awhile I move over into the next cold spot! LOL

I hope that Thursday Thirteen doesn't go away. I contacted Leanne and I'm determined to rescue the thirteen if I can!

 

Blogger KarenW said ... (2/22/2007 7:03 AM) : 

I love most of those too. #7 is definitely on my list!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (2/22/2007 7:56 AM) : 

According to this list you are very sense oriented. Smells and feels and sounds. LOL! Happy TT!
Try to visit mine when you get a chance.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (2/22/2007 8:41 AM) : 

Thursday 13 is over? No no please tell me it's not so!

I really like your list Dixie!

 

Blogger Peg said ... (2/22/2007 8:46 AM) : 

Oh, #12 is one of my very favorite smells, too!!

What a great list!

 

Blogger Barb said ... (2/22/2007 9:51 AM) : 

I love this list! Especially BOOKS!

I didn't put up a TT today.. but I sure wanted to come say CONGRATS on being the Bestest Blog today :)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (2/22/2007 10:02 AM) : 

DIXIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Pookie.... I am sooo happy for you.... I feel like one of my kids just got a scholarship or sumthin!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BABY

Oh and SMOOCH, RUB, GROPE, RUB, RUB ...did I say RUB? OK, then RUB

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (2/22/2007 10:27 AM) : 

Did someone say Bestest Blog? Oh, I hope so, Congrats!!!! I like the list with the exception of #1. I don't get along with clotheslines. One day I'll share the pictures.

 

Blogger Shaz said ... (2/22/2007 10:47 AM) : 

Well done on bestest blog of the day award, & well done to Bee for showing us the way here x x

 

Blogger Sparky Duck said ... (2/22/2007 11:06 AM) : 

I love driving nowhere. Now the grass makes me sneeze, but thats me

 

Blogger Linda said ... (2/22/2007 1:14 PM) : 

A great list (I love the smell of a new box of crayons!) and a great blog - congrats on your win of Bestest Blog of the Day! Well deserved!!!

 

Blogger Peg said ... (2/22/2007 1:27 PM) : 

Back again...to say, Cheers on Bestest Blog of the Day! A well-deserved honor!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (2/22/2007 1:55 PM) : 

I like the smell of books and crayons too...wait, you LIKE an ice cold bed??? Hmph, you're definitely from a warm area! Thus sayeth the puppy of the perpetually cold feet. LOL

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (2/22/2007 6:54 PM) : 

I did a post about you and you did not see it, come on by we will have a glass of tea and talk about Bestest Blog of the Day. (I even have your photo)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (2/22/2007 9:41 PM) : 

Smalltown... thanks for stopping by...no life doesn't get any better, does it? Thanks for stopping by.

Kimbo & Sabi... ya know, as well as everyone else that my son and daughter are a given as my favorite people... Thanks for stopping by...

Pia & retta... the cold spot is the very bestest, isn't it?

Karen... Drinking the cold coke over ice is so very refreshig.. thanks for stopping by.

Thank you Skittles. It's okay you didn't put up a 13...

Bond, I've had a very good teacher. And yes you rubbed me... LMOO

Sgt. Dub... I can hardly wait to see those pictures... I can only imagine... Yup, you saw it right... and I want to Thank You for having Sarge on your blog. If not, then I would have never met him or Mrs. Bee.

Shaz... Mrs. Bee is a true jewel, isn't she... thanks for stopping by.

Sparky.. I too sneeze sometimes but I still love that smell. Thanks for stopping by.

Thanks Linda... to me the smell of crayons reminds me so much of being a kid... oh those wonderful days.

Thank you Peg.

Yes Meri it is much warmer here than where you are... Ahhhh... the cold spot... *sigh*

Sarge... thanks for that wonderful glass of tea... did you make that tea? Yummy!!!!! Sorry I didn't see it last night.. was too busy reading those military blogs... they are so wonderful!

Whew... I sure hope I didn't miss anyone. If I did I'm truly sorry.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (2/23/2007 8:32 AM) : 

I love fires and winter snowflakes. I am still waiting for snow that has those big flakes and everything gets all soft in the world.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (2/24/2007 10:38 AM) : 

More proof Sis--ALL of them--I especially love it that you like the crayon smell--I thought I was the only one!

Congrats on bestest blog Sugarbaby--you deserve it!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SMOOCH HUG GROPE RUBRUBRUB

 

post a comment