Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, March 01, 2007



Edition #12 (I think)


13 things favorite things as a kid … in no random order and of course this isn’t a complete list.

1. Eating a PG & J sandwich with a big glass of cold milk
2. Hugging my dad. Especially after he had shaved and the smell of his Old Spice Aftershave
3. Watching fireflies light up inside a jar.
4. Cuddling with my dog and hearing her heart beat
5. Petting caterpillars
6. Reading the comics on bazooka bubble gum wrappers
7. Running barefoot through fresh cut grass still wet with the morning dew
8. Staying in a really fancy hotel
9. Peeling the muffin paper off of a warm blueberry muffin
10. The smell of the air on a fall day when the Cotton Gin was in operation
11. The smell of my grandmother baking fresh chocolate chip cookies
12. The smell of bacon and eggs being cooked early in the morning
13. Being outdoors in the warm sunshine




Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:11 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Julie said ... (3/01/2007 9:58 AM) : 

Hey Dixie!

Great list. It brings up some of my long forgotten memories also. Thanks!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (3/01/2007 1:41 PM) : 

Mmmmm, sounds lovely! I remember doing some of those things. The others I'll just have to imagine!

 

Blogger Mitchypoo said ... (3/01/2007 1:56 PM) : 

How come some things tasted better as a kid? Love your list and see that you are like me, that smells bring back memories.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (3/01/2007 9:37 PM) : 

wonderful list Dixie... so many great things

glad you like your new "heart"

 

Blogger Lexa Roséan said ... (3/02/2007 2:42 AM) : 

nice memories :)

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (3/02/2007 1:59 PM) : 

YOu are on a ROLL Sugarbaby. I love this list!! I am so snagging this idea for next week.

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (3/02/2007 9:08 PM) : 

#1, #5, #6, #7 - oh yeah!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (3/11/2007 5:41 PM) : 

hey! watch peeling off that muffin paper! ha ha

sorry to be so very late dixie.

smiles, bee

 

post a comment