Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, April 02, 2007

Sick and Tired of being Sick and Tired......

Have y'all ever been sick and tired of being sick? I know I am. I know that the doctor said that I had bronchitis and major allergies, but I believe it was much worse. I do believe that I had strep throat too. My throat was so raw that it felt like someone had taken a propane torch and set it on fire, the glands in my throat were swollen to the point that it looked like I was carrying around 14 chins and I could not talk. I know for a fact, because it came directly from the horses mouth... 3 of them to be exact.... "We were so happy when we heard you couldn't talk, Mom"..... yup, Tony calls me Mom too... ;-) "Sorry you are sick and we will take care of you, but yippieeeeee... Mom can't talk." That's ok... I'm able to talk now... *giggles* Pay backs are tee total hell.... ;-)

Well.... I've bounced back... I'm back to work today. Evidentially we have been taken off lock down and I am able to post...WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I have soooooooo much catching up to do... 275 work e-mails and 300+ personal e-mails.... I'll be busy for a while.

Looking through my e-mails this morning, I found this and wanted to share.... it really means alot to me.

Good Question

A mother asked President Bush,
"Why did my son have to die in Iraq ?"

Another mother asked President Kennedy
"Why did my son have to die in Vietnam ?"

Another mother asked President Truman,
"Why did my son have to die in Korea ?

Another mother asked President F.D. Roosevelt,
“Why did my son have to die at Iwo Jima ?"

Another mother asked President W. Wilson,
"Why did my son have to die on the battlefield of France ?"

Yet another mother asked President Lincoln,
"Why did my son have to die at Gettysburg ?"

And yet another mother asked President G. Washington,
"Why did my son have to die near Valley Forge ?"

And long, long ago, a mother asked...
"Heavenly Father, why did my Son have to die on a cross outside of Jerusalem ?"

The answers to all these are similar --
So that others may have life and dwell in peace, happiness and freedom."

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, PLEASE, FEEL FREE...TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM !!!

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American G. I.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:54 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (4/02/2007 10:19 AM) : 

Wow, when you come back, you come back with force. I may have to borrow this from you. Thank you Dixie. and welcome back.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (4/02/2007 12:12 PM) : 

Oh, I'm just AWFUL about being sick. I'd rather be shot. Being sick is just so aggravating. I'm glad you're feeling better!!!!!

And, believe me.... if I could stand in front of my soldier, I would.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (4/02/2007 12:44 PM) : 

Sgt, I did come back with a little force, didn't I? You may borrow anytime you like. Thanks and I'm glad to be back.

108, I despise being sick... yes I'm feeling much better thank you.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (4/02/2007 12:55 PM) : 

Awesome for you to be back Sugarbaby. Smooch

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (4/02/2007 12:57 PM) : 

So very glad to be back Turn baby... GROPE, RUB & HUG

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (4/02/2007 6:05 PM) : 

Glad you are back Dixie, we did miss you, a great i'm back post.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (4/02/2007 6:14 PM) : 

Welcome back, Dixie! Glad to hear you have finally recovered and that you're off of lock-down, too!

And what a kick ass post to come back with - I love it!!!

Take your time on the meme, you've got a lot to catch up on (hmm, maybe that should be one of your goals??)!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (4/02/2007 6:31 PM) : 

Hey Dixie! Glad you are feeling better!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (4/02/2007 7:40 PM) : 

Welcome back darlin!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (4/02/2007 7:58 PM) : 

I know the feeling - I was sick all week last week and I'm just now getting back to what is normal for me! Hugs and kisses!

 

Blogger Tug said ... (4/02/2007 9:38 PM) : 

I had not read this before. WOW. Nice...very very nice.

Glad you're feeling better!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (4/04/2007 7:24 AM) : 

**looks around**

Hmmmm I've missed this place! Oh..you were gone too?

It's good to be back!

*hugs*

 

post a comment