Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, May 14, 2007

Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I know I did. It's one that I will always remember. Actually, my family made sure that I had a Mother's Weekend.

Saturday morning, Tony wakes me up around 6:00 am. Yup, I know it was early, but we didn't have any kids Saturday morning.... I'm not saying anything else about that. So, we get up around 7:30 or so, go over to the cemetary to put flowers on the family graves as this is also Decoration weekend where my dad, brother, grandparents and uncle are buried. After we do that, we go for our morning walk, just enjoying the beautiful cool morning. When we finish, he hand me $100 and tells me to go to the nursery and get what flowers that I want for the yard. So I take off to the nursery and he starts to cut the grass. I get back, Matt and Kaitlin are now both home. I told them that I needed help putting out the flowers that I've bought. To my surprise I received NO LIP SERVICE from either one of them They are glad to help.

Saturday night our church hosted their 16th Annual Mother's Day Banquet. Very nice... the food was great, the speaker was outstanding and the music from the youth choir was unbelievable. Matt didn't get to go because he had to work and Kaitlin had already planned a trip with "grandmother" so Tony and I went by ourself.

We get home around 10:00 pm and Tony says, Kaitlin and I have an errand to run. We'll be back in a little while. Fine by me, I was exhausted and was ready for bed. They take off and I'm off to bed... I never heard them come in... haven't a clue as to the time.

Sunday morning, I am woke up by the smell of coffee and breakfast under my nose, literally... they thought they were being cute... which in fact they really were. I go to get out of bed and before I could take one step I had to pick up this really heavy gift bag. I hadn't a freakin clue as to what was in it. Yup, they had gone and bought my Mother's Day gift. Three beautiful Inspirational Stones .... Love, Happiness and Faith. I'm so proud of them.

So we go to church. Leave early and surprise my Mother at her church. After church we decide to go out to eat. Any if it could go wrong, IT DID!!!!

Matt wanted to drive his truck and go on ahead of us, he has something he wants to do before we eat. No problem because he did have to work Sunday night and that would save him from having to go back home change cloths and then back to work... we go to the store get gas and I notice that his left front tire looks low... I tell him to put some air in it... he does and leaves while we are still at the store getting gas...

5 miles down the road, calls me ...

"Mom, I've got a flat"

"No problem son, where's your spare tire"

"It's flat Mom, don't you remember" ...

"No"

We go to get the portable air tank hoping to be able to fill with air to get it back home. It works, thankfully, get the truck back home. Finally, time to go eat. We are all starving...

Lunch at Catfish Cabin was wonderful. Matt tells Tony that he needs to stop at Wal-Mart on the way out of town. No problem Tony says...

We stop at Wal-Mart and Matt is the only one to get out. We sit and wait... he come back to the car with a long stem rose for me and his grandmother...

"Mom, Grandmother, I didn't know what else to get you. Happy Mother's Day"...

I don't let him see my face.... the tears start to flow. It hits me... this will be the last Mother's Day that I have my son as home for who knows how long. My loving son has bought me a rose. A rose that I will cherish for the rest of my life. Yes, I will keep it after it dies.

I am struggling with this chapter of my life. I have been told this is normal. These anxiety attacks, panic attacks, what ever you want to call them, I'm having them. Matt has only 7 more days of school and will close that chapter of his life and open a new one.

Ok, so some may want to know what "Decoration" is... when families decorate the cemetary with some of the most beautiful flowers you have ever seen.
Here is my Dad's...



So that was my Mother's Day Weekend... one I will remember always.
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:32 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Angell said ... (5/15/2007 10:36 AM) : 

Sounds like it was wonderful Dix. You have a very thoughtful family - and you deserve the best. :D

SMOOCHES

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (5/15/2007 11:10 AM) : 

What a nice post. Sounds like you have a couple of nice kids. Thanks for sharing a very nice part of your Mother's Day weekend.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (5/15/2007 1:00 PM) : 

Tastefully done Dixie!! Cheers...

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (5/16/2007 8:06 PM) : 

Beautiful darlin.

 

post a comment