Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I've TOTOALLY gone off on the school system.... I'm having a nervous breakdown.... I think

What the hell am I going to do with my son? Actually I should be asking what the hell is wrong with our freakin school system. That's the questions that I've been asking myself today. This "No Child Left Behind" is a crock of crap.... the schools systems honestly don't give a flying frogs ass if your child graduates or not...

Let me explain....

Matt tell me last Thursday that he has 3 hour of school to make up. Ok, I can handle that. This stems from being tardy in the mornings, leaving early, etc, I think ... that's no problem... has 5 days of school left...he can do it... I'm cool with this...

Monday night he calls me mad as hell and says.

"Mom, Mrs. B told me today that I won't graduate because I've got 6 hours that I've got to make up and that I would have to make it up in summer school."

Matt says - "Mrs. B I've already made a committment to the Marines and I have to graduate."

She says "Matt, I can't help it, you will not graduate next Friday ... you have to make these 6 hours up. This is not my problem"

What was this freakin woman thinking.... it's not going to be that hard to make up 6 hours between now and next Wednesday ...

I'm going freakin balistic ... believe me if I had been at home I probably would have literally kicked his butt ... I've been fighting this battle trying to get him graduated for the last 6 years and 5 days away and I've got some freakin school administrator tell me that my son's not going to gradute... she's lost her freakin mind.

So I call this Mrs. B today and I'm pissed... I'm so pissed that I'm shaking... I want to know what is going on... so I ask...

"What seems to be the problem? Matt tells me that you said that he will not graduate next week."
I proceed to tell her that 'the school systems talk a good talk about this "no child left behind crap" but can't fool me y'all don't give a shit if they graduate or not. If you did, you wouldn't wait a week and a half before graduation to tell the kids. And why wasn't I contacted????"

What I find out is that he has many, many tardies ... not only that he has 5 unexcused absents... whaaaaa???? FIVE UNEXCUSED ABSENTS!!!!!! I'm going to kill the kid ... the Marines may not get him!!!! Yup, sounds like he's skipped some school that I haven't known about...

The real kicker here is that 3 hours are from last semester. Please explain to me why they haven't already said something about LAST SEMESTER ...

So to make a long story short, because I know this is boring, he will graduate next week... he will leave for the Marines Corp on July 23 ... and I will NOT have a nervous breakdown.... but I am going to kick his butt when I get home... just because I can... because I brought him into this world and I can sure take him out of it...
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 4:51 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Tug said ... (5/16/2007 10:56 AM) : 

Oh my...I do NOT miss those days. Big ((hugs)) to you. Don't kick his butt too hard, because while he may deserve it, he'll be gone soon & I'm pretty sure boot camp will do some kicking for you!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (5/16/2007 11:11 AM) : 

Go Dix! Yes he's graduating and yes he'll be a marine, but he's still your son and he's been bad behind your back.

If you don't kick his butt, he won't get those six hours in.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (5/16/2007 2:17 PM) : 

Oh...ass-kicking. I like your style. You go girl. Yeah, sometimes the school drops the ball. You go girl!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (5/16/2007 4:01 PM) : 

My question to the school would be "Why in the hell didn't anyone notify me when he didn't show up for school and I hadn't called him in sick??" My god! If I skipped school, my parents knew about it within an hour!

I talked to my Matt's principal today and she has placed him for summer school based on the grades he gets in class. I'm having a cow.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (5/16/2007 4:59 PM) : 

Now, THAT is crazy! When I attended school, you couldn't miss a day without the school calling home to let your parents know! I'm glad your son gets to graduate, despite all the problems. And try not to have a cow, or, at least, not too big of one. I mean, cows are awfully hard to fit through the birthing canal! LOL :P

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (5/16/2007 7:59 PM) : 

Take a breath darlin. It's fixed now.

He graduates and the Corps trains this irresponsibility right out of him.

 

Blogger Linda said ... (5/16/2007 8:02 PM) : 

I was wondering the same thing as to why the school hadn't contacted you about his 5 absences. Whenever Amanda is out, if I don't call the school they'll call me and she also needs a note the next day.

Sounds like more than Matt has some 'splainin to do!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/16/2007 8:21 PM) : 

Oh believe me y'all, when I get home tomorrow night he's going to have A WHOLE LOT of explaining to do... I will find out...believe you me!!!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (5/17/2007 7:47 AM) : 

You work... he is skipping school, either; the phone messages are deleted or the letters home disappear out of the mailbox... We didn't have answering machines back when I was in HS, but I used to go by the house in my senior year and make sure there were no letters in the mailbox for school. When I graduated I gave them to mom and dad..they told me I should have waited until after I graduated college! LOL

 

Blogger Gail said ... (5/19/2007 6:58 AM) : 

Aww Dix, thanks for this...now I know what I've got to look forward to with my boys! Crap, maybe I should lock em up now...

He can do it, and he'll make you proud...

 

Blogger Julie said ... (5/21/2007 9:21 PM) : 

Oh my goodness! What a hassle Dixie! The school system is far from perfect but 5 absences? Geeez!

 

post a comment