Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Quality time with Mother......

Well as most of you know, I have the week off. When I have a week or more off, Mother gets out her list of things for me to do.

The story starts with a phone call last night just to confirm that I did have the week off... Mother was wanting to take a mini road trip and get some things accomplished. I agreed to go with her. Mother and I have not really had any Mother/Daughter time since Daddy passed away.

So, I get up this morning, get the kids ready for school and take my lazy butt back to bed. I had really only intended to lay down for about an hour then get up and get ready. Nooooooooo... I fall completely back to sleep. Mother calls at 9:00.... I answer the phone, "Hello".... "Lee, you ready?" "No Mother, I fell back to sleep, sorry." "Oh... I've already been to the bank, filled the car up and I'm ready". "Mother, give me 30 minutes and I'll be ready". "Ok"...hang up the phone....

Jump out of bed, head to the shower, get dressed, call Mother and tell her I'm ready...

She picks me up and we are off...... having a variety of conversations, but mainly about Daddy, Thanksgiving, the kids, Tony, etc.......

First stop... Picture/Frame Shop. She has two pictures that need re-framed and matted. I don't get out thinking that she will just be in and out... Noooooooooo... she's in there for 20 minutes... FINALLY we are on the road again....

Second stop... Courthouse...have to pay land taxes.... I didn't get out here either... she's in and out of there in less than 5 minutes... must have not found anybody to talk to... LMOO

Main reason for the trip is the next stop... We pull into the funeral home to pick up Daddy's Veterans foot stone... I get out at this stop... we go in... have to pick out a picture and saying for a memorial service that the funeral home does every year during the holidays. We get that picked out, pick up the foot stone and on our way... total time there 30 minutes

"Mother, I have to have something to eat". We go 3 blocks to a greasy spoon... literally a greasy spoon. I treated Mother to lunch... we were there at total of 20 minutes.

Next stop is the Monument place.... we pull in... neither one of us wants to get out because it is so cold... we drive around making about 3 laps looking at head stones. I told Mother that they were going to think we were crazy and she needed to stop.... she does... we get out... go into the Monument office and look out the window at the stones. Yup, yup, yup you guessed it, we picked the stone out looking from the inside out. That's what I call "window shopping"...

After much conversation, narrowing it down to two, we agreed on a beautiful black stone. Our next decision was how the names would be put on there... oh this was fun... but we finally agreed, ordered the stone, Mother paid and we were out of there.... total time there 1 1/2 hrs. Yup, yup, yup.... changed our minds many times... but we are women and we have that right.. LMOO

So we leave there and head back to the Picture/Frame Shop to pick up the pictures Mother had left in the morning. But before that we had to get there.....

We are 30 miles from the shop, the speed limit is 65 mph and Mother is driving 40 mph... "Mother, the speed limit is 65 mph"... "Lee, I'm not going to burn my gas out fast by driving fast" "Mother, they are passing us like we are sitting still". We are laughing.... "Lee... Daddy never complained about my driving, you just sit back, be quiet and relax, we'll get there. If you don't be quiet I'm going to put you out". Still laughing... "Mother, just pull over and I'll get out and walk.... as slow as your driving, I'll get home before you will by walking".

We get back to the town where the Picture/Frame Shop is, but I needed to go to the grocery and pick up something for supper. She stops at the grocery, I go in, she doesn't get out... total time in store 10 minutes MAX!!!!

Finally, we are back at the shop to pick up pictures.... there is a note on the door "Gone to bank, be right back." grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... I'm so wanting a nap by this time..... So, we sit in the parking lot waiting for the lady to get back from the bank... total time waiting 20 minutes.... she gets back, unlocks the door and we are in... pick up the pictures, Mother pays for them, I load them in the car and we are FINALLY on our way home.

I laughed and told Mother that the next time she drags me all over God's creation that I'm going to pack snacks and drinks. God, I was extremely thirsty by the time I got home and so wanted a ciggy. (I don't smoke around Mother, she know I do but out of respect for her I just don't do it)

I really did have a wonderful time with my Mother. I wouldn't take our trip time back for nothing.

Below is an e-mail that really touched me....


I really do love my Mom!!!

If you really love your mom then you will read on:

My mom only had one eye. I hated her... she was such an embarrassment. She cooked for students & teachers to support the family. There was this one day during elementary school where my mom came to say hello to me. I was so embarrassed. How could she do this to me? I ignored her, threw her a hateful look and ran out. The next day at school one of my classmates said, EEEE, your mom only has one eye!" I wanted to bury myself. I also wanted my mom to just disappear. So I confronted her that day and said, " If you're only goanna make me a laughing stock, why don't you just die?!!!"

My mom did not respond... I didn't even stop to think for a second about what I had said, because I was full of anger. I was oblivious to her feelings. I wanted out of that house, and have nothing to do with her.

So I studied real hard, got a chance to go abroad to study. Then, I got married. I bought a house of my own. I had kids of my own. I was happy with my life, my kids and the comforts.

Then one day, my mother came to visit me. She hadn't seen me in years and she didn't even meet her grandchildren. When she stood by the door, my children laughed at her, and I yelled at her for coming over uninvited. I screamed at her, "How dare you come to my house and scare my children!"

GET OUT OF HERE! NOW!!!" And to this, my mother quietly answered, "Oh, I'm so sorry. I may have gotten the wrong address," and she disappeared out of sight.

One day, a letter regarding a school reunion came to my house. So I lied to my wife that I was going on a business trip. After the reunion, I went to the old shack just out of curiosity. My neighbors said that she died.

I did not shed a single tear. They handed me a letter that she had wanted me to have.

My dearest son, I think of you all the time. I'm sorry that I came to your house and scared your children. I was so glad when I heard you were coming for the reunion. But I may not be able to even get out of bed to see you.

I'm sorry that I was a constant embarrassment to you when you were growing up. You see........when you were very little, you got into an accident, and lost your eye. As a mother, I couldn't stand watching you having to grow up with one eye. So I gave you mine. I was so proud of my son who was seeing a whole new world for me, in my place, with that eye.

With my love to you,

Your mother

Always tell someone that you love them because you never know what day will be their last.

I love each and every one of you and YES, I DO LOVE MY MOTHER!

From deep in my heart!

SMOOCHES!

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:01 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/20/2006 10:28 PM) : 

That's why I moved to Washington - yes it was. Mom's here.

Ain't it a great thing to laugh with your mom????

 

Blogger Justin said ... (11/21/2006 3:08 AM) : 

You 've shared a wonderful experience with us..And hey, what are your palns in this Thanksgiving? you cna check out this post on vacation trip with pets . I hope u'll like it.

God bless
bye.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/21/2006 9:55 AM) : 

Yes Trav, it is a GREAT thing to be able to laugh with you Mother. I really do love my Mother.

Justin, thanks for stopping by. I will check out vacation trip with pets. As far as what I'm doing... going to Tony's sisters for a HUGE family gathering.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/21/2006 10:38 AM) : 

What a cool post sugar. And yup--yup--yup--gotta tell em everyday. One of my "things" is I never leave my house without telling my DH. YOu just never know.

Love you

SMOOCHES

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/21/2006 10:53 AM) : 

Turn.. if by chance, I don't get to tell them that I love them, my entire day seems completely out of wack.

 

Blogger Angell said ... (11/21/2006 11:51 AM) : 

I love my mom a ton, and the day you had with yours sounds like the kind of day I have with mine.

That email is killer - wow does that bring me to tears.

And I try to tell all my friends and family that I love them every time I see them - sooooo

I LOVE YOU DIX!! :D

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/21/2006 12:07 PM) : 

I was wondering where the heck you were. Did you tell me you were off? I don't remember. :)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/21/2006 2:18 PM) : 

Yes angell, that e-mail was a killer. I hope to have more days like that with my mom...

Busy, I'm sorry, I thought I told everyone that I was off this week. Believe me, it's not by my choice. The closed the plant down for Thanksgiving.

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (11/21/2006 5:33 PM) : 

You inspired me to phone my mum today.

And I'm glad I did - had a long chat about nothing exciting - always fun!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/22/2006 12:34 PM) : 

Isn't it wonderful to be able to talk to your mother about nothing...just laughing and carrying on....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/22/2006 7:48 PM) : 

Wow - incredible. Glad you had a wonderful time with your mom!

 

post a comment