Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Just a few

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just a few

Sorry I haven't been around much. Oh my... since I got back from vacation everything has been turned upside down, inside out, around and around and around...

First of all, the company that I work for filed for Chapter 13 for the second time in 4 years... Yeppers... sure enough did. We are not for sure from one day to the next if our jobs are safe or not. So.... it's go with the flow.

They have also been doing some reorganizations and guess what... HR Manager was let go. Guess who is doing the HR job and HER job.... Yeppers... you guess it again... ME!!! Of course no more pay... looking for another job....

On a brighter note, I started back to school 3 weeks ago. I'm working on my Associate in IT Technology/Networking. I'm doing this online through the University of Phoenix. So far.... so good.

Matt deployed this past Tuesday. I guess I should have let you know that he wasn't playing in the sand box but he is deployed overseas. I can't tell you where he is but all I can say is Hurricane Gustav missed where he is stationed but Hurricane Hanna may hit them. Since
Gustav was heading that way, they were grounded in Jacksonville, FL for a few days... he called last night to say they were there. He also gave me a list of things he wants me to send him. Looks like I'll be doing a little shopping this next week.

If anybody wants his mailing address to send letters, e-mail me and I'll send it to you.

Signing off for now. I'll try and get around to everyones blog again soon. I miss y'all so much.

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 10:54 PM


Comments on "Just a few"

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (8/31/2008 9:53 AM) : 

I hope thing go well with your job, it just will not seem fair if you lose you job while you worry about your son.

Stay strong, mom....

 

Blogger Linda said ... (8/31/2008 11:23 AM) : 

Whew ... at least Matt isn't over in the big sandbox but closer to home.

Sounds like things at work are totally screwed up for you right now - ugh! Good luck finding a new job and in achieving your degree!

 

Blogger Rick Rockhill said ... (8/31/2008 11:59 AM) : 

ugh what a mess at work. Hope things get sorted out for you.

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (8/31/2008 12:37 PM) : 

well dixie darling the job stuff sucks! but your marine will be fine i know!

smiles, and hugs, bee
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

ps: lala married her navy guy!

 

Blogger .... said ... (8/31/2008 12:45 PM) : 

Being a military spouse is hard work...but it's a life I chose a long time ago....I have children...that I love more then anything on Earth, much like many mothers I held them as babies, when the fell as toddlers, when they came home from school hurt over something that was said to them, when they were excited about something that they wanted to share.

I look at each of them with great pride and joy, ah, my life's achievements in living form and I wonder, how does a mother, like my mother-in-law, like you....watch her babies go off and fight our Nation's Wars? It is a far harder job to do what you do, then what I do....and for that I can never tell you what a honor it is to meet military mothers. I give my heart felt thanks to your son and to you. To him for defending my right to freedom and for you standing behind him as he does it.

I wish you well with school and hope things brighten up with your job outlook.

Happy Labor Day.

~ASW

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (8/31/2008 1:28 PM) : 

Missed you, Dix! Matt will be fine. Semper Fi, momma.

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (8/31/2008 2:49 PM) : 

(((((HUGS))))) to you my friend! I've missed you. :)

 

Blogger Kacey said ... (8/31/2008 3:07 PM) : 

I went and signed the petition for reduction in price for military flights. We have a grandson in the Air Force, who is deployed every two months to fly over the middle east to decode Arabic messages. He is not allowed to tell us what country the base is in over in the big sandbox, but when in the states, he is stationed at a Strategic Air Command Base. We are proud to have him serve, but sorry that he was so smart that they sent him to The Presidio to learn Arabic. If they get shot down, they have to destroy their plane and it's contents immediately. Most people don't know how amazing our young people in service really are! Thank you Matt for serving.

 

Blogger Susan said ... (9/02/2008 8:29 AM) : 

Best wishes for everything you've got going on.

Many thanks to you all for your family's service to our country. It's an honor to have you as part of our extended family.

PS Found you from Sarge Charlie :)

 

Blogger Ivanhoe said ... (9/02/2008 12:29 PM) : 

Sending good vibes in re: your job situation :o)
Thanking Matt for his service: Stay safe :o)

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (9/02/2008 1:12 PM) : 

You'll find your way to what you need and you KNOW Matt's in my thoughts.

HUGS

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (9/02/2008 3:01 PM) : 

SMOOCH SugarBaby...the job front will work out...Matt will be fine

and you are still my favorite Tennessean

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (9/02/2008 10:48 PM) : 

Dixie - it's been so long since I've come over and I apologize!
Faith is what it's all about. I'm at a loss but what I want to say is "Thanks," to Matt and to you! My grandson is stationed in Okinawa and for the moment, my daughter is handling everything quite well and very proudly.
I'm proud of young men like Matt, Rob, Aero and all the rest of them!!!
~~~~Blessings~~~

 

post a comment