Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Back from vacation

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Back from vacation

Yes, we made it back safely from Virginia Tuesday morning around 8:00 am. We had a wonderful weekend! I so wish that I could go back to last Thursday and start all over again. Needless to say, I cried when I saw Matt. Gosh darn it, I've really missed that young man.

I am hoping that you remembered that I cooked enough to feed the Marines. I wish you could have seen the look on their face when I opened the Tupperware bowl, 2 layers full, of lasagna. They told me that my lasagna was the best they had ever had. I swear I don't believe the Marine Corps feeds those boys... *giggles* and I don't believe my lasagna was the best ever. In my opinion it had to much garlic ... but anyways... they sure seemed to enjoy it.

Here is Matt and a couple of his buddies after they had scarfed down the lasagna. I don't think I've ever seen anybody eat as fast as those guys did.

And here are the happy Marines that had full bellies of lasagna...oh yeah and caramel cake and sweet tea. They were H-A-P-P-Y!!!!

Friday was the beach! Oh I could sooooooooooo be a beach bum... everything was perfect in every way... I decided right then and there that I would do one and only one post for HNT. Yes, you heard me right, I'm doing a HNT, Half Nekkid Thurday, so here see for yourself....HALF NEKKID THURSDAY .... ;-)

Will post more from my trip in my next post. I've got so much to do... I need a vacation to get over the vacation. I will play blog catch up soon.. I promise.

SMOOCHES~

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:15 PM


Comments on "Back from vacation"

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (7/09/2008 7:44 PM) : 

How wonderful sweetie. They boys do look happy and content. Loved your HNT. Bwahahahahah. I also love your sense of humor. Have a great day sweetie. I missed you. Hugh hug. :)

 

Blogger Tug said ... (7/09/2008 7:59 PM) : 

I was waiting to hear how they loved the home cooking...and sweet tea? I bet you're voted best Marine mama EVER. ;-) So glad you got to see your Matt Dix!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (7/09/2008 8:06 PM) : 

CAKE? No wonder they were happy!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (7/09/2008 9:22 PM) : 

I sense a little mama's pride in these fine young men.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (7/09/2008 10:12 PM) : 

Good looking crew! Take your vacation vacation... we'll be here.

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (7/09/2008 11:31 PM) : 

not even close to half !!!

I bet they are still talking about that lasagna and wishing you were going back soon!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (7/10/2008 12:08 AM) : 

Marines learn to eat that fast from boot camp - they only have a few minutes to eat, so they have to do it quickly!

Love the beach photos. *grin*

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (7/10/2008 10:41 AM) : 

Lasagna...COMFORT FOOD

Thanks for the beach message

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (7/10/2008 1:03 PM) : 

Mmmmmmmm

beach and Sugarbaby's naked toes!!

I know sugar--I need a vacation to get over my vacation that wasn't ;-)

and WOOOOOOOOOOO HNT!

Your Marine and his buddies sure look happy all full of your good Southern cooking

SMOOCH

 

Blogger Mo and The Purries said ... (7/10/2008 2:28 PM) : 

Lasagna and caramel cake?!?!
Whoooo Hoooo!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (7/10/2008 6:09 PM) : 

To hecks with the lasagna, I'd want to save room for the caramel cake!

As for eating fast, unfortunately you learn that in basic training and it's a hard habit to break. It took me years to slow down - especially when the food was good as I bet yours was!

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (7/10/2008 6:19 PM) : 

Looks like you done good by the looks of those smiles!! :) I'm gld you got to see (and feed) your Marine.

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (7/10/2008 10:14 PM) : 

Looks like a happy bunch to me! :)

 

Blogger RW said ... (7/10/2008 10:27 PM) : 

You all had fun!

 

Blogger Angell said ... (7/11/2008 1:47 PM) : 

Looks wonderful honey. Happy Marines and a happy mama too I'm sure.

Glad you're back.

 

Blogger j said ... (7/12/2008 1:36 AM) : 

Aww Dixie! I am glad that you had a good time! And those young men! They look so...young! How brave to be Marines!

Really makes me happy that you could take care of your son and his friends with a home cooked meal.

Jen

 

Blogger Dean aka Sgt Dub said ... (7/15/2008 12:12 AM) : 

I'm so glad Matt is doing well and you got to see him and his friends, it's those bonds that will keep him safe in his endeavors.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (7/17/2008 7:15 PM) : 

Mmmm, lasagna! My all time fav dish! I make sure my mom makes it for me on my b-day every year.
Wooo! Those are some satisfied Marines! Glad y'all had fun. :)

 

Blogger Julie said ... (7/19/2008 7:05 PM) : 

Mmmmm lasagna and the beach? Woohoooo.

So...just the legs? Geez...and you were really getting my motor moving!

 

post a comment