Dixie's - Heart and Soul: No title for today's post... just ramblings

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

No title for today's post... just ramblings

So what have I been doing. Let's see... well I am preparing for not one but two weddings. Yes, I said two.

Tony's daughter is getting married August 2. I must buy a dress. Instead of buying the dress first, I bought the shoes first. Not just one pair of shoes but two... here see...

These are my favorites..

These are... well... just in case
Now to find a dress....

Ok, so you have been asking about my Marine... well let's see... he met this beautiful girl, Ashley. She has an adorable little boy, Tyler. Matt and Ashley met one weekend when he was on weekend liberty. She was working the front desk of the hotel he and a bunch of his buddies were staying at. They struck up a conversation and well ... the rest is history.

Here she is my future daughter-in-law and grandson

So, she goes to visit my goofy Marine Memorial Day weekend...

here is why I call him goofy... Look at that goofy smile of his... typical Matt.. ;-) You can't help but love that face of his. I have a picture of him and Kaitlin... EXACT same goofy smile...

I'm still trying to get around to everyone's blog and catch up. There is just not enough hours in the evening. If it's not one thing to do when I get home it's ten... oh well... one day.

Starting to get things ready for my trip next week. Matt has put his order in for food that he wants me to prepare and bring. My homemade chicken enchalidas, lasagna, butter nut cake, rotel and sweet tea. I know that I will need to prepare large portions because I'm sure he will invite his roommates to the hotel for dinner... I can just hear it now...

"Hey, my mom's brought home cooked food."

Poor guys, I know they are all wanting home cooked food. I've already sent homemade chocolate chip cookies... 3 dozen to be exact, and Matt said they lasted about 15 minutes...

Enough ramblings for today. I need to start making blog rounds while I still have peace and quiet here at home... sometimes I just love being home alone.

SMOOCHES~

Labels: ,

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 4:52 PM


Comments on "No title for today's post... just ramblings"

 

Blogger Julie said ... (6/24/2008 5:53 PM) : 

**perk**

Alone? And you haven't called me?

**rushes to the bathroom just in case**

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (6/24/2008 7:47 PM) : 

Sounds like a great feast!

And nice shoes!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (6/24/2008 8:30 PM) : 

Love both pair of heels, but girl those babies are what 4"? Yikes. You are going to be one hot lady in those.

The dinner sounds yummy. What time do you want us to show up again? Bwahahahahaha. Just kidding. Love the pictures of your new DIL and grandson. Matt is just a sweetie, goofy grin and all. Have fun honey. Big hug and lotsa lovies. :)

 

Blogger Linda said ... (6/24/2008 8:40 PM) : 

I always enjoy my time home alone - does that mean I'm becoming a hermit??

When I was in the Air Force and my Mom would send chocolate chip cookies or something equally yummy I don't think they lasted 15 minutes so Matt and his roommates must be pacing themselves!

Now, did you say daughter-in-law to be? Is Matt engaged? Did I miss something?

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (6/25/2008 10:42 AM) : 

Those shoes are killer, but those heels? Yowsa! I'm not sure I could stand in those.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (6/25/2008 11:12 AM) : 

THUMP THUMP THUMP

Love the shoes sweetie

Have a wonderful trip!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/25/2008 11:58 AM) : 

Matt's gal is beautiful and her son is just too cute! He has such a great smile... Oh and Matt, too...bwhahahahahaha!

Ummm... drop some of that food by my place as you drive by...LOL!

;-P)

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (6/25/2008 7:20 PM) : 

Oh MY!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOO

You MUST send pics of you in those shoes Sugarbaby

RAWR

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (6/25/2008 8:31 PM) : 

OOOOO La laaaa!!!! Those are some SEXY shoes Dixie! I'm not sure you should wear them-no one will look at the bride! ;)

Matt's girl is gorgeous-but you already know that.

 

Blogger katherine. said ... (6/27/2008 1:59 AM) : 

they are a cute couple....

and the shoes look pretty great too.

 

post a comment