Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Manic Monday - Night

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Sunday, June 22, 2008

Manic Monday - Night


Mo says that the word for Manic Monday is "Night". Thanks Mo for "Night"... and now for my first Manic Monday post since my break....

One of my favorite movies of all times "Saturday Night Fever" with John Travolta. John plays 19 year old Tony Manero who works a dead end job by day in a hardware store. By night he burns up the 2001 Odyssey disco floor with this unbelievable moves.







Disco was great.......I absolutely loved the Bee Gees. They brought the place alive I remember roller skating my butt off, mirror ball twirling, to the Bee Gees, KC and the Sunshine Band, the Commodores' Brick House....I really miss those days. But disco will never die. Us old farts (ha) will keep it going.


Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 6:32 PM


Comments on "Manic Monday - Night"

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (6/22/2008 8:34 PM) : 

I so loved Saturday Night Live too. I too love the Bee Gee's. I watched both videos and was toe tapping right along. Big hug honey. :)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (6/23/2008 9:02 AM) : 

Ah yes... Brooklyn in da 70's....

Based on an actual person...it could have been based on like a 100,000 dead end guys who transformed their lives each Friday and Saturday evening at clubs like 2001 Odyssey

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (6/23/2008 4:16 PM) : 

Thank you, Dixie, for making the puppy feel really young. Whut's a disco? LOL :P

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (6/23/2008 7:41 PM) : 

Well, I guess I can say that not all disco music was bad...

...only most of it!

Bwahahahahahahahahaaa

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (6/23/2008 9:55 PM) : 

Whoo hoo! I ♥ John Travolta. :)

Happy MM, Dixie. I've missed you so much!!!!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (6/24/2008 6:17 AM) : 

Oh my....thanks for the giggles before my first mug of coffee is finished! It's good to read some blogs and it's good seeing you again dear friend!

SMOOCH!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/24/2008 10:27 AM) : 

the late 70s... a bad fashion statement I'd care not to live trhough again...bwahahahahaaha!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (6/24/2008 12:16 PM) : 

hi dixie

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (6/24/2008 2:47 PM) : 

I admit--I love these--it really takes me back!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (6/24/2008 3:07 PM) : 

I remember going to see this movie when it first came out in the movie theaters so that just goes to show how old I am! And I'll admit that I owned the soundtrack album, too - almost wore the darn thing out, too!

 

post a comment