Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Adopt Our Troops

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Adopt Our Troops


Click the picture to Adopt a Troop


I have adopted two. They all need our prayers.


So Matt called tonight. Conversation goes a little like this...

"Mom, exactly what are you bringing to eat?"

"Well son, I'm cooking what you asked for."

"Mom, will you please cook enough for about 5 of my buddies?"


You've heard the old saying... "cooking enough for an army" welll I guess I'll be cooking enough for the Marines... LOL

I've decided that I will cook the dishes, put them in the Glad disposable containers and then put them on ice. That's the best way I can think of to get it there so it won't spoil.

Oh, and I may cook a few more of his favorite dishes that he hasn't asked for ... just to surprise this goofy butt... I MISS MY SON!!!!

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:37 PM


Comments on "Adopt Our Troops"

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (6/25/2008 9:53 PM) : 

Just try not to cry when you are watching them all eat. You are going to need a semi to haul everything. Just saying honey. It's going to be grand honey. Big hug and losta lovies. :)

 

Blogger Tug said ... (6/25/2008 10:24 PM) : 

I just think that's awesome that he KNOWS his mama will take care of not only him, but his friends as well. TOO cool. Enjoy Dix...stock up on dry ice!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (6/26/2008 4:59 AM) : 

You're a good momma, Dixie. They'll all go away stuffed and happy.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (6/26/2008 7:01 AM) : 

Ha...I guess that makes you kinda like a Den Mother. Cheers Dixie!!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (6/26/2008 9:30 AM) : 

I would expect nothing less from a loving mama

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (6/26/2008 12:09 PM) : 

They are going to inhale that food like there's no tomrorow. Make more!!!!LOL!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (6/26/2008 5:51 PM) : 

That's the way moms do things! I can't wait to hear from you after you see him. I'm so excited for you!

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (6/26/2008 6:13 PM) : 

Uh...it sounds like you've adopted more than just 2 troops! Once these marines get a taste of Matt's Momma's cooking, you might have to hide. :)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (6/26/2008 7:43 PM) : 

You'll have to let us know if it's actually possible to cook enough food for 6 Marines.

Bwahahahahahahaaa!

 

Blogger j said ... (7/08/2008 11:02 PM) : 

That just blesses the heart! When I think of the 6 Marines getting a Momma Made Home cooked meal! SWEET!

Hope your visit was fabulous!

Jen

 

post a comment