Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, August 06, 2007

All in all was a good HOT weekend. Did some school cloths shopping on Saturday but basically that's all I did. Actually weekend was rather quiet, HOT and boring.

Haven't heard one single word from Matt so I guess NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS... or that's what they tell me anyway. I have sent him a letter or card every day since Wednesday. Hopefully he'll start getting them this week.

I'm back to work in Jackson. My desk... oh lord... my desk... I've been gone from here since April. Only coming in here one day a week... Yup, it has piled up.

I'll try to write more from home tonight. I've got to get my butt to work.

Something from my e-mail files...

For Mom's... Definately will make you Smile:)

I was out walking with my 2 year old daughter. She picked up something off
the ground and started to put it in her mouth. I took the item away from
her and I asked her not to do that.

"Why?" my daughter asked.

"Because it's been on the ground, you don't know where it's been, it's dirty and probably has germs" I replied.

At this point, my daughter looked at me with total admiration and asked, "Mommy, how do you know all this stuff? You are so smart"

I was thinking quickly. "All moms know this stuff. It's on the Mommy Test. You have to know it, or they don't let you be a Mommy."

We walked along in silence for 2 or 3 minutes, but she was evidently pondering this new information.

"OH...I get it!" she beamed, "So if you don't pass the test you have to be
the daddy."

"Exactly" I replied back with a big smile on my face.

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:09 AM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/06/2007 8:57 AM) : 

Thanks for the chuckle... needed it!

We're still thinking of Matt. Now tackle that desk.. That'll be a good diversion...

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (8/06/2007 11:08 AM) : 

Cute, Dixie! And good luck with that desk! :)

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (8/06/2007 11:38 AM) : 

Glad that you have heard nothing from Matt. That means he is still there. I hope he settles in soon.

Now to the Mommy test. Bwahahaahah. Ain't it the truth. Bwahahahah. Thanks for the laugh. :)

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (8/06/2007 1:18 PM) : 

LMAO!!!

Gawd, kids are so smart.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8/06/2007 1:53 PM) : 

*snarf*

Not the momma LOLOLOL!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/06/2007 8:04 PM) : 

Harumph!

 

post a comment