Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, May 31, 2007





Thursday Thirteen
Edition #29


13 things I'm going to miss my son saying when he's gone.

Everyone know that Matt will be leaving July 23 for boot camp. Here is my list of just a few things that I will miss hearing him say.

1. Mom, I love you! (my favorite)

2. Mom do I have any clean underwear? (did you put any in the wash)

3. Mom what's for supper? (always a hungry child)

4. Mom, you got any money? (why do I always get this question.... ;-)

5. Mom, can I borrow $20 till payday? (payday never gets here ;-)~ )

6. Mom, I love you! (still my favorite)

7. Mom, can I go to Justin's? (my best friends son)

8. Mom, just 5 more minutes, please. (this is what he says when he doesn't want to get up)

9. Mom, I'll clean my room in a minute... (I'm still waiting)

10. Mom, where's my socks? (where you put them)

11. Mom, will you go to the store and buy me a can of dip? (I had rather know he's doing this than him doing it behind my back. It could be worse.)

12. Mom, will you trim this hair off my neck? (he hates his hair long, won't have no problems with the military haircut. )

13. Mom, I love you! (the very best EVER)

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:34 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Tug said ... (5/30/2007 10:14 PM) : 

I used to hold up the lines while they checked expiration dates on 'cans of dip' for my SIL... ;-) And the "I love you's" are the absolute BEST.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (5/30/2007 10:44 PM) : 

Aww remember all these special things forever!

 

Blogger Qtpies7 said ... (5/31/2007 8:35 AM) : 

Awww! I know how hard that is going to be! My son is 17 and joining the Air Force, thankfully not this year, and the first few should be him in college with them paying for it.
My list will be things I DON'T miss, but will probably end up missing.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5/31/2007 8:39 AM) : 

What a great list! Please thank your son for his willingness to serve for me.

My list is up! Happy TT!

http://mrshand.livejournal.com/22023.html

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (5/31/2007 8:39 AM) : 

I like # 1,6 and 13- Congrats on him joining! When you get a chance check out my T13's!

Special K Family
Being An Air Force Wife

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5/31/2007 8:57 AM) : 

...a can of dip. Like onion dip? LOL! This isn't a slang term is it. :)

Love ya. SMOOCH!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/31/2007 8:58 AM) : 

Tug, yes the "I love yous" are the best! I'm going to truly miss them.

Julie, they are burned in my memory.

qtpies, Give your son a huge thank you from me. He is a brave young man. It's hard, but this is his choice. He will be 17 when he leaves and turn 18 in boot camp. Thanks for stopping by.

kristin, I will pass the word along to him. Thanks for stopping by.

toni, Thank you ... yes 1, 6 & 13 are my favorite too. Thanks for stopping by...

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (5/31/2007 8:59 AM) : 

Congrats on having such a great son (with a great name by the way) Good luck to him and dont cry TOO much when he is gone. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/31/2007 9:00 AM) : 

Busy, nope not onion dip, tobacco dip... skoal, copenhagen, grizzly, etc... I guess you could call it slang... ;-)

SMOOCHES!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/31/2007 9:07 AM) : 

Matt, yup he is a great son. How did you know that I'll cry? ;-)

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (5/31/2007 9:14 AM) : 

Awww.... before he leaves, you should have him record himself saying these things so you can hear them while he's gone...lol.

 

Blogger Lori said ... (5/31/2007 9:26 AM) : 

You made me miss my oldest son even more:( You never know how much until they are gone....

 

Blogger Linda said ... (5/31/2007 9:52 AM) : 

The good thing is that you'll still be able to hear "Mom, I love you" when he calls you from boot camp - which he will probably do as often as he can!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/31/2007 10:19 AM) : 

Kyra, that's an excellent idea... I think I'll do that... Thanks!

Lori, I'm sorry... I already miss him and he's not gone yet. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like ;-)

Linda, I'm sure he will call every chance he gets... at least I hope he does... ;-)

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (5/31/2007 10:29 AM) : 

Not participating in TT.

These sound right to me. My son did all the same things. So, nothing out of the ordinary here. Great walk down memory lane. Have a grand day! :)

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (5/31/2007 11:01 AM) : 

Hope you both do well during your seperation!!!

Nice list

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/31/2007 11:24 AM) : 

Comedy, saw that you weren't but absolutley loved your joke! I'm sure all teenagers say the same thing... ;-)

Thanks Amy ... it's going to be tough.

 

Blogger Peculiar Blogs said ... (5/31/2007 11:29 AM) : 

aaah sweet list!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (5/31/2007 11:35 AM) : 

our perculiar life, Thank you and thanks for stopping by

 

Blogger KarenW said ... (5/31/2007 12:13 PM) : 

What a sweet list! My only son is 16 and I'd like to keep him as long as I can.

 

Blogger Leighann said ... (5/31/2007 12:26 PM) : 

What a great list!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (5/31/2007 2:26 PM) : 

Think how special 1,6, and 13 are going to sound when you hear it on the phone or see him write it in a letter.

And after boot camp, you'll never hear 2,8,9, or 10 again!

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (5/31/2007 3:12 PM) : 

you are gonna' miss that boy honey!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (5/31/2007 6:13 PM) : 

hi dixie, I am up and about, the thing I know about your son is that you will miss him and you will be proud of him.....

 

Blogger JO said ... (5/31/2007 6:13 PM) : 

great list! I'm sure all mothers will feel this way when their kids go to camp or move away... we are just so used to being "needed"!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (5/31/2007 7:31 PM) : 

Dear friend...you will still hear him say all those things to you when he is gone....hey, have him record them all and then you can play when you want!

LOL

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (6/02/2007 10:15 AM) : 

What a wonderful post Sugarbaby---the "I love you Mom" will always be there

Smooch

 

post a comment