Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, December 08, 2006

I was tagged with this the first of the week by Sueann and am just now getting around to it. So here goes...

1. Bought everyone in the bar a drink. (can’t say as though I have ever done this)
2. Swam with wild dolphins (on my wish list)
3. Climbed a mountain (not a big one as I terrified of heights)
4. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive (no, do you think they would actually give ME the keys?)
5. Been inside the Great Pyramid (on my wish list)
6. Held a tarantula (hello! scared spitless of spiders!)
7. Taken a candlelit bath with someone (champagne, too)
8. Said “I love you” and meant it (never say it unless you mean it!)
9. Hugged a tree (tree tag as a kid)
10. Bungee jumped (ok, I’m terrified of heights, remember)
11. Visited Paris (on my wish list)
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea (from the beach, beautiful!)
13. Stayed up all night (of course, did this often as a teenager… to old now though)
14. Seen the Northern Lights (on my wish list)
15. Gone to a huge sports game (can you say "Go Grizzlies!"?)
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa (on my wish list, if I can get past the height thing)
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables (sometimes, haven’t the past 2 years)
18. Touched an iceberg (does a man count?)
19. Slept under the stars (many times)
20. Changed a baby’s nappy (many times)
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon (no way jose, terrified of heights)
22. Watched a meteor shower (have seen 1 in my life)
23. Gotten drunk on champagne (tend to giggle a lot)
24. Given more than you can afford to charity (yes, but it’s better to give than receive and you will be blessed)
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope (not yet)
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment (yup, yup, yup… had one just recently…. At my Dad’s Memorial Service… was remembering the funny things about him… he wouldn’t have cared, he was probably giggling with me.
27. Had a food fight (um .. I swear it wasn't me who started it ...)
28. Bet on a winning horse (not a horse, but bet on a winning dog once at the dog track)
29. Asked out a stranger (I don’t ask people out especially strangers… LMOO)
30. Had a snowball fight (yes, every time we have snow we have snowball fights)
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can (of course!)
32. Held a lamb (no)
33. Seen a total eclipse of the moon (yes, right after my son was born in 1989)
34. Ridden a roller coaster (my favorite ride!)
35. Hit a home run (I would like to, but it's highly unlikely to ever happen)
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking (I always dance like a fool)

37. Adopted an accent for an entire day (One night at a bar, I was sober and everyone else was drunk, Irish, and it was hilarious)
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment (Other than the birth of my children, right now I am happy with my life.)
39. Had two hard drives for your computer (*blank stare* you can do that?)
40. Visited all 50 states (on my wish list… maybe when I retire)
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk (many, many times)
42. Had amazing friends (wish I could make this MORE green because my friends are so incredibly amazing)
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country (no)
44. Watched wild whales (no)
45. Stolen a sign (I plead the 5th!)
46. Backpacked in Europe (definitely on my wish list)
47. Taken a road-trip (more times than you would imagine)
48. Gone rock climbing (did I mention that I was terrified of heights)
49. Midnight walk on the beach (of course!!!)
50. Gone sky diving (TERRIFIED OF HEIGHTS!!)
51. Visited Ireland (on my wish list)
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love (No….)
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them (yes, and it was amazing… a wonderful conversation)
54. Visited Japan (wish list is growing)
55. Milked a cow (ummmm… can’t say as though I have)
56. Alphabetized your CDs (Nope, I’m not that organized)
57. Pretended to be a superhero (whadda ya mean, pretend???)
58. Sung karaoke (oh, come on! like you haven't?)
59. Lounged around in bed all day (oh yeah…. With my sugar pie right next to me…)
60. Played touch football (of course… I grew up around A LOT of boys… had to)
61. Gone scuba diving (wish list keeps growing)
62. Kissed in the rain (love water sports)
63. Played in the mud (love water sports)
64. Played in the rain (love water sports)
65. Gone to a drive-in theater (and all that entails ...)
66. Visited the Great Wall of China (on my wish list)
67. Started a business (not organized enough to do it by myself)
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken (I’m totally in love now… no way he would break my heart)
69. Toured ancient sites (on my wish list…. It keeps growing and growing and growing…)
70. Taken a martial arts class (who me??)
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight (haven’t even played for 6 seconds… not my kind of thing)
72. Gotten married (horrible mistake ...)
73. Been in a movie (does the school play count?)
74. Crashed a party (a couple of times)
75. Gotten divorced (Yup, yup, yup and it was the best thing that ever happened to me!)
76. Gone without food for 5 days (look at me… do I look like I’ve gone without food… I need to)
77. Made cookies from scratch (how else do you make them?)
78. Won first prize in a costume contest (yes, went as Tammy Faye Baker one year to a Halloween party… tears, heavy makeup and all!!! )
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice (see note re wish list)
80. Gotten a tattoo (I have 2, one on my back and the other one…. Well… you will have to guess where it is…)
81. Rafted the Snake River (the whaaa???? ...)
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert” (me an expert… buwhahahahaha)
83. Got flowers for no reason (yes, sugar pie seems to enjoy sending me flowers for no reason)
84. Performed on stage (many times)
85. Been to Las Vegas (wish list again)
86. Recorded music (no)
87. Eaten shark (ewwwwwwwwwww… no)
88. Kissed on the first date (but not the other ...)
89. Gone to Thailand (ooh - bigtime wish)
90. Bought a house (yes)
91. Been in a combat zone (not sure what color to use here - does marriage count?)
92. Buried one/both of your parents (yes, just recently my Dad)
93. Been on a cruise ship (no, wish list continues to grow)
94. Spoken more than one language fluently (English/does Proper Southern count as a language????)
95. Performed in Rocky Horror (liked the movie, but not obsessed ...)
96. Raised children (yes, I’ve almost got one raised and will be happy when the other one is raised… LOL)
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour (No, but it’s a coming…woooooooo you know who I’m talking about… hehehehe)
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country (what's an exotic bicycle?)
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over (yup, when I was preggy with Matt and feared I would shame my family because I wasn’t married)
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge (why would I want to, a height thing you know)
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking (why should I care?)
103. Had plastic surgery (I would love to have, but to chicken)
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived (No)
105. Wrote articles for a large publication (I’m not talented enough)
106. Lost over 100 pounds (lost 90 lbs, does that count)
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback (don't want to talk about this one)
108. Piloted an airplane – (height thing again)
109. Touched a stingray – (why would I want to)
110. Broken someone’s heart (oh God, I hope so, because he crushed mine)
111. Helped an animal give birth (cat, dog,)
112. Won money on a T.V. game show (No, but would love to be on Deal or No Deal!)
113. Broken a bone (Nope)
114. Gone on an African photo safari (sounds amazing, wish list)
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears (I don’t THINK SO!)
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol (I’m a country girl, what do you think??)
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild (No, I would be afraid I would get the poison ones)
118. Ridden a horse (was obsessed as a teen)
119. Had major surgery ( a few )
120. Had a snake as a pet (NO WAY!!!! )
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon (always been fascinating to me)
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours (only when ill)
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states (have never been to a foreign country, wish list again)
124. Visited all 7 continents (wish list again)
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days (does floating the Buffalo River count)
126. Eaten kangaroo meat (No Thank You!)
127. Eaten sushi (No Thank You!)
128. Had your picture in the newspaper (a few times, and NO is wasn't my mug shot!)
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about (I hope so)
130. Gone back to school (yes, but didn’t finish)
131. Parasailed (heights again)
132. Touched a cockroach (ewwwwwwwww)
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes (yum)
134. Read The Iliad - and the Odyssey (not that I can remember)
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read (I’m not much of a reader)
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating (I don’t hunt, I just cook it! Leave that to Matt)
137. Skipped all your school reunions (have been to every one of them)
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language (no)
139. Been elected to public office (buwhahahahaha ... me public office… buwhahahaha)
140. Written your own computer language (*blank stare* whaaaa?)
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream (came close a few times)
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care (wouldn't want to)
143. Built your own PC from parts (hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha)
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you (I can’t even draw a stick man…so NO!)
145. Had a booth at a street fair (a what???)
146. Dyed your hair (I refuse to answer this one ...)
147. Been a DJ (No)
148. Shaved your head (I have thought about it a few times…. lol)
149. Caused a car accident (Oh God, I hope not)
150. Saved someone’s life (Not that I’m aware of)

Have a great weekend all!
SMOOCH
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 9:09 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/08/2006 12:40 PM) : 

don't tell me you don't know what a street fair is ??

Dang girl, you need to come up north or summtin'.

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/08/2006 1:45 PM) : 

:takes copious notes:

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (12/08/2006 1:46 PM) : 

LMOO... I guess I do need to come up north...maybe in the spring or summer...

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (12/09/2006 7:30 AM) : 

holy moly, that was a lot of reading and writing! 18 was hysterical!! hugs!!

 

Blogger I blinded you with Science! said ... (12/10/2006 12:39 AM) : 

You see I see it differently. Everyday that you are a mom, you save someone's life. So, highlight 150...

Hugs!

 

post a comment