Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Friday, November 24, 2006

It's the Friday after Thanksgiving

Hope everyone had a wondeful Thanksgiving. I know I did. Ate entirely too much, but isn't that what everyone does? ;-)

Here is a poem that I found

After Thanksgiving"

I ate too much Turkey, I ate too much corn,
I ate too much pudding and pie.
I'm stuffed up with muffins and too much stuffin'
I'm probably going to die.

I piled up my plate and I ate and I ate.
But I wish I had known when to stop,
For I'm so crammed with yams, sauces, gravies, and jams
That my buttons are starting to pop!

I'm full of tomatoes and french fried potatoes
My stomach is swollen and sore,
But there's still some dessert so I guess it won't hurt if
I eat just a little bit more!

Although we had planned to get up this morning early and hit the stores, ummm... it kinda didn't happen. So, I missed those early morning specials,the long wait lines, the grumpy people because they either (1) are not morning people and got up early any way or(2)didn't go to bed at afraid they might oversleep and not get a good deal... I don't think I missed too much....

Hope everyone has a great rest of holiday weekend. I will be back to work on Monday and life will be back to somewhat normal...
SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 3:32 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/24/2006 5:24 PM) : 

That is a cute poem.

I don't go to the stores if I can help it, I'm an internet shopper all the way!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/24/2006 5:41 PM) : 

wait wait ... Dixie... Normal.. both in the same sentence.. OH MY... I can not stop laughing....

hehehehehe love ya doll

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/24/2006 5:50 PM) : 

Busy...I'm not really into internet shopping... may try is this year though...

Thanks V... thanks... I knew I would get that response from you, that's why I wrote it.. LMOO ;-)

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/24/2006 11:29 PM) : 

My hubby left our nice warm bed at 4am to go shopping! I know he's nuts now!!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/25/2006 1:32 AM) : 

Life...normal..What fun would THAT be!

GO BIG BLUE!!!!-oh wait--LSU beat Arkansas so ..oh my....

See you at 12:30!!(11:30 central)



SMOOCH

 

Blogger Coco said ... (11/25/2006 11:31 AM) : 

Anybody who could choose shopping over a nice, cozy bed at 5 am is certifiable, I'm sure. There's no sale worth that kind of mental and physical anguish. Glad you had a great holiday. Hugs.

 

post a comment