Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, November 23, 2006



Thursday Thirteen - Thanksgiving Edition #3


So another Thanksgiving rolls around. The yearly question of "what are you thankful for?" comes to mind again.... Thirteen things that I am Thankful for this Thanksgiving....

1. The love of my life, Tony. He came along, tore down the brick wall that I had built around my heart. He is truly amazing. Not a day goes by that he doesn't treat me like a queen. He has all the qualities that a girl could ask for... a christian man, truthful, compassionate, romantic, loving.... I could go on but you get what I'm trying to say.

2. My kids. Yup, yup, yup.. I go through a "kid killing" routine every night... but I am truly thankful for my 2 healthy kids who are full of life. I am thankful that Matt has a good head on his shoulders and knows what he wants to do with his life. I am thankful that Kaitlin is a normal child you loves being who she is.

3. My Mother. The true matriach of this family. This remarkable lady has been through many difficulities in her life. She was the only daughter so she took care of her mother and daddy until they passed away. She took care of my brother Kim who passed away at the age of 43 from diabetes. Then there was my dad.... I just pray that I can be as remarkable and strong as my mother.

4. My Dad. The man who was a christian man. The man who was kind, loving and very, very wise. The man with the most wonderful set of moral values. Yes Daddy is now my angel, but I am still so very thankful for having him as my Dad.

5. Kim, my older brother. He NEVER complained one bit. He was always concerned with how you were doing than himself. He was very appreciative of everything. He was my best friend. I could go to him with ANYTHING and he was always there for me.

6. Chris, my younger brother. Even though he and I fought growing up, we are now friends. He was there for me when I went through the terrible divorce. I could always call him and just vent. I remember one statement he made to me "Lee, we may have our differences, but there ain't no SOB going to treat my sister this way." Of course, there were many more, but just goes to show you can do or say what you want to about me, but don't mistreat my family or else!

7. My SP Friends. WOW, what can I say here. I could have never imagined that through one wonderful soul man that one could make so many, many friends. Friends who are there through thick and thin. Friends who laugh with you, cry with you, make jokes with you... friends who are always there.

8. For the roof over my head and the food on my table. Sometimes we take for granted what we have and complain for what we don't have. There are so many out there that will not have a roof over their head or food to eat this Thanksgiving. But not only on this Thanksgiving, but every day of the year.

9. For my health. I am healthy. Yup, have a few minor aches and pains, but it could be a lot worse.

10. For my small town. I am thankful for the small town that I live in. Everybody knows everybody and watch out for each other. There is very little crime, if any and I feel safe. My kids feel safe. We don't have to worry about walking out of our house at night. The only thing that may "get" us are the critters who wander up in our back yard.

11. I’m thankful to live in a free country. Nothing more to be said.

12. For my job. I may complain alot but there are so many people who do not have a job.

13. I'm thankful for everything. Good and bad it doesnt' matter. Because everything we experience helps us grow to be stronger people.

Ok... this was easy... HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL
Thirteen Things about what Dixie is Thankful for


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1. http://busy91.livejournal.com/

2.

(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:49 AM


Comments on ""

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/23/2006 9:52 AM) : 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/23/2006 10:55 AM) : 

DIXIE: Happy turkey day darling.. Just think.. very very soon I get to meet that great guy Tony ... OH and YOU TOO!
Super TT

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/23/2006 2:56 PM) : 

Lee Ann: Meeting you has been one of the great joys of my life. I am so grateful to know you. Awesome post- sugar-- love you so. SMOOCH

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/23/2006 3:59 PM) : 

Happy Thanksgiving from Germany!
Thank you so much for sharing your great TT :)

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (11/23/2006 5:08 PM) : 

Wonderful list, Dixie! It's always good to remember that we all have something for which to be thankful. Hugs!

 

Blogger Lynn said ... (11/23/2006 6:45 PM) : 

You know, for a Vols fan, you ain't bad.

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (11/24/2006 2:06 AM) : 

Hello, Happy Th - ursday Th - irteen Th - anksgiving (belatedly now?)

TC x

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11/24/2006 3:25 PM) : 

Love it sweetie.. hope you had a great time.. poor Matt.. trying to lose wait at this time of the year!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/24/2006 5:05 PM) : 

Great list darlin!

 

post a comment