Dixie's - Heart and Soul: Past, Present and a few other things

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Past, Present and a few other things

Ok, so what were you doing in the past? What are you doing in the present?

Ten years ago: I was 33 and very unhappily married with a 9 year old son and a beautiful 3 year old daughter. I was having some major health problems. I was diagnosed with cancer, but by the grace of God it was all contained in one area and didn’t have to have any treatments.

Five years ago: I was still unhappily married! That was when I found out that the jerk was having an affair and I thought my life was ending.

Three years ago: I was fell in love with the most wonderful man that I will spend the rest of my life with. I knew then that my life had just begun!

Yesterday: Work. Went home, cooked supper, babied my sickly daughter, crawled into bed with my sugar pie and fell asleep.

Today: Work, but tomorrow TGIF!!!!! … yippee…. Yes, I know I've been off work for two weeks but come on now... I got spoiled during that time. I got to take my naps... ;-)

Tomorrow: Work... again... then coming home and settling in for a peaceful but busy weekend. I must get my house cleaned this weekend. Matt's room is still in a shambles. I don't like to clean it too soon after he leaves because his smell is still in there.

Five snacks I enjoy:

  1. Reeses Cups
  2. Chocolate Chip Cookies
  3. Doritos
  4. Nutty Buddies
  5. Snickers Ice Cream bars

Five bands/artists that I know the lyrics of MOST of their songs:

  1. Lynyrd Skynyrd
  2. The Eagles
  3. Bob Seger and The Silver Bullet Band
  4. Aerosmith
  5. Elton John

Five things I would do with $100,000,000:

  1. Give to my church.
  2. Remodel our home.
  3. Pay off my bills!
  4. Give to family and friends.
  5. Put away in savings.

Five locations I’d like to run away to:

  1. Hawaii
  2. The Mountains
  3. Disney World
  4. Cancun Mexico
  5. Switzerland

Five things I like doing:

  1. Blogging
  2. Cooking
  3. Shopping
  4. Yard work
  5. Being with my family

Five things I wish I could wear:

  1. A bikini
  2. Daisy Dukes (yeah, I wore these as a teenager, too old now)
  3. Skinny jeans
  4. A mini skirt
  5. Stilletos

Five TV shows I like:

  1. CSI (all of them)
  2. Deal or No Deal
  3. Biggest Loser
  4. Law and Order (all of them)
  5. American Idol

Five Movies:

  1. The Pursuit of Happyness
  2. Animal House
  3. Hairspray
  4. A Christmas Story
  5. Slingblade

Five famous people I’d like to meet:

  1. All my blogging friends (yes you are famous)
  2. Oprah Winfrey
  3. Dr. Maya Angelo
  4. President Ronald Reagan(yes I know he's deceased, but would have loved to meet him)
  5. Denzel Washington

Five biggest joys at the moment:

  1. My children
  2. My family
  3. I'm healthy!
  4. My Blogging Buddies
  5. My Marine Moms Group

Five favorite toys:

  1. Tony (hehehehehe)
  2. My computer
  3. My digital camera
  4. My car… oh yeah I love my Mustang
  5. Oh, did I mention Tony??

SMOOCHES~

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 5:30 PM


Comments on "Past, Present and a few other things"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/01/2006 9:00 AM) : 

This is cool, I'll do mine and we can compare.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (12/01/2006 9:20 AM) : 

busy, ok... sounds like fun!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (12/01/2006 12:33 PM) : 

And a nice list there Dix me girl....

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (12/01/2006 3:50 PM) : 

Hmmm, me thinks you are rather fond of Tony? LOL Nice list!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (12/01/2006 11:57 PM) : 

sweet idea for a post!

Is there a book on blogging ideas?

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (12/02/2006 7:13 AM) : 

Hoochie! We got a lot in common!! (scary thought) hee hee!! Love ya more then Annie loves her luggage!! hugs!!

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (12/02/2006 8:55 AM) : 

Hello - popped in to say hope you have a lovely weekend. Glad to see you're happy!!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/02/2006 5:05 PM) : 

:scratches head:

Okay...now what's the Friday Fives? I get so behind...

Great list - but is Tony one of your favorite toys?

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (12/04/2006 7:28 AM) : 

Oh do we have so much in common. And i SOOOOOOOOO love your toys list BuwhwhahahahahA SMOOCH

 

post a comment