Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Tag that I found on http://juliesjewelsandjunque.blogspot.com Thanks Julie... I am keeping most of what Julie had but I have added a few of my own.

RESIGNATION

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 10 year-old again.

I want to go to Burger King or McDonald's and think that it’s a four star restaurant.

I want to sail rocks across a fresh mud puddle and make a mud pies.

I want to think M & M's are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree on a hot summer's night and count the stars.

I want to take walks down to the stream and sit on the banks, with my feet in the cool water.

I want to run barefoot in the fresh cut grass.

I want to play tea party with my girlfriends.

I want to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, but that didn’t bother you, because you didn’t know what you didn’t know and you didn’t care. All you knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair.

That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.

I want to live simple again.

I want to hear my mother say "If you keep crossing your eyes they will get stuck"

I don’t want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So . . . here’s my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you’ll have to catch me first, cause….....

…..”Tag! You’re it.”

SMOOCH!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 12:02 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Coco said ... (12/05/2006 12:19 PM) : 

*smiles, blows a kiss, then pulls on ski pants and goes outside to make snow angels with Brennan*

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (12/05/2006 3:49 PM) : 

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Way to gooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! Um, whut's ah "adult?" LOL

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (12/05/2006 7:14 PM) : 

Well, dang! According to this I gave up my adulthood a long time ago!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (12/05/2006 8:12 PM) : 

Aww you used something I had!!

Woooo!!!! I'll take that as a compliment!!!

Hugs!!

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (12/05/2006 8:24 PM) : 

sorry no time to chat....I'm too busy making mud pies! hugs!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (12/06/2006 9:26 AM) : 

Yup yup yup--threw mine away sometime this summer!! WOOOOOOOOOO

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (12/06/2006 10:15 AM) : 

Oh, I want to go out an play in the snow with Coco and Brennan!!!

Meri, I'm not quiet sure what an adult is.. LOL

Dana, looks like you are ahead of the game. WOOOOOOOOO

Julie, I just couldn't resist. It is definitely a compliment...Thank you!

Mary, I'll be there soon to help you make those mud pies.

Turn, I believe you and Dana are a head of us.. LMOO... woooooo

 

post a comment