Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, November 30, 2006

THURSDAY THIRTEEN! Edition #4

My favorite 13 Christmas songs. I have many more, but I could only list 13... ;-)

13. Away in a Manager
12. O Come, All Ye Faithful
11 I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (This is Kaitlin's favorite Christmas song)
10. I’ll Be Home For Christmas
9. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
8. White Christmas
7. Let It Snow (Oh yeah....love to have snow at Christmas, only)
6. Oh Holy Night (This was my Dad's favorite Christmas song)
5. Let There Be Peace on Earth
4. Joy To The World
3. Jingle Bell Rock
2. Silent Night (This was my brother Kim's favorite Christmas song)
1. Walking in a Winter Wonderland (Yup, you knew this would be #1 after last night...woooooo)


SMOOCH!

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:10 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (11/30/2006 8:53 AM) : 

very nice list Dix...
skips off humming...

 

Blogger Joely Sue Burkhart said ... (11/30/2006 9:51 AM) : 

Our favorite is "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." Happy TT!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (11/30/2006 10:06 AM) : 

great! do you know.. I cannot hear White Christmas sung by Bing Crosby without crying.. I tried this morning.. and failed..

And oh my lord i sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed when he sang.. isn't our Soul Man just beautiful!!!! *sigh*
Thank God someone picked me up off the floor!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/30/2006 10:17 AM) : 

Thanks Bond... I've been humming since last night... LOL

Joely, I've never heard "I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas." Sounds really cute..

Anndi - to hear Bing Crosby just puts chills on me .. he does it better than anybody I know... can you just imagine Taylor singing White Christmas.... oh my... THUD! I'm glad your off the floor this morning.. LMOO

 

Blogger Judy Callarman, Scrabble Has-Been said ... (11/30/2006 10:37 AM) : 

A wonderful list! I love these, too--especially 4, 5, 6, and 12. Also, I love "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel."

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/30/2006 10:49 AM) : 

Oh yes Judy "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" is also one of my favs.. to bad I couldn't list all them.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/30/2006 11:14 AM) : 

I like "Carol of the Bells" and Jingle Bell Rock and Oh Holy Night as well.

My 13 are up.

 

Blogger Bubba said ... (11/30/2006 11:31 AM) : 

Your dad's favorite Christmas song is mine as well. I get chills every time I hear it.

Happy TT!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/30/2006 11:31 AM) : 

lol, looks like a lot of us are doing Christmas songs this week. fa la la la la....

Happy TT :-)

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (11/30/2006 11:56 AM) : 

yes our Sweet Daddy did an amazing job last night!! WOOOOOOOO!!

One of my fav's isn't on your list, Little Drummer Boy sung by Bob Seger, it's wonderful

Hugs! smooches! gropes!

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/30/2006 12:06 PM) : 

chickadee - I don't think that I have ever heard Carols of the Bells. Maybe I have and didn't know the name of it.

Bubba - O Holy Night is a beautiful song. I get chills when I hear it.

Vicki - yes it does look like a lot of us a doing Christmas songs. Just puts me even more in the Christmas spirit.

mary - I do like Little Drummer Boy too... Oh Bob Seger is going to be in Memphis in February.

Oh yeah... Sweet Daddy... ::THUD::

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/30/2006 12:52 PM) : 

*****NEWS FLASH*****

Taylor Hicks "White Christmas"...please move to the head of the line

WE KNOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULAR BLOGGING

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (11/30/2006 1:42 PM) : 

there are many songs indeed. One of my newer favs is "Mary Did You Know" as sung by Clay Aiken. And the other two are "What Child is This" and "Good King Wenceslas".

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (11/30/2006 1:49 PM) : 

Okay, Mary just HAD to mention Little Drummer Boy, so now it's in my head! Thanks, Mary! LOL
I love all those songs! They are just so nice. I also like Christmas in Killarney, The Mummer's Song, and Santa's A Bayman Like Us. You probably haven't heard these, but they're good! Oh, and Snoopy's Christmas is another one I like.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/30/2006 1:51 PM) : 

We have a Damm Duck sighting... wooooooooo

Yes Busy, I like Mary Did You Know, What Child is This and Good King Wenceslas...

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (11/30/2006 1:52 PM) : 

Ummmmmm Meri... I can't say as though I have heard those songs. Maybe someday I will... Yes, I like the Snoopy ones too...

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (11/30/2006 3:06 PM) : 

Awesome list sugarbaby---I have to say Winter Wonderland new to me now. He was SOOOOO hot!!

 

Blogger TopChamp said ... (11/30/2006 4:08 PM) : 

Hello - IT's CHRIIIISTMAAS!!!

I'm getting so excited reading all the festive blogging!

I love every single song on your list but I'm a bit of a weirdo I think as my favourites are Coventry Carol & God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (11/30/2006 5:28 PM) : 

One of my favorites is I'll Be Home For Christmas.

I think one of my all time favorite performances of a Christmas song is Ronnie Milsap singing O Holy Night - what an amazing voice.

And yes - Taylor was awesome last night!!!!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (11/30/2006 6:22 PM) : 

I did the same theme for my TT. Come visit my list. We actually share 3 songs on our lists.

Merry Christmas

 

Blogger Julie said ... (11/30/2006 7:58 PM) : 

Hey great list!

I remember when Dad and I were "at odds" with each other....David Bowie and Bing came together and did a duet. It brought two generations so far from each other just a little closer. Remember it? A medley of Little Drummer Boy and Peace on Earth, I think. It's must have been in the mid '70's.

 

Blogger Coco said ... (11/30/2006 10:17 PM) : 

I've gotta start getting into the spirit of things. Great song selections, Dix.

 

Blogger Amanda said ... (12/01/2006 12:08 AM) : 

ooh dixie..i was gonna do this list but u beat me to it! next time..great list sweetie!

 

Blogger Twyla said ... (12/01/2006 6:12 AM) : 

My favourite Christmas song is, 'Once upon a Christmas', but it seems that I'm the only one in this universe that has ever heard this song. Someone please tell me I'm not crazy. LOL

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (12/01/2006 8:29 AM) : 

Turn, I can't believe that you have never heard Winter Wonderland before... I liked it before but now I LOVE IT!!!!

Yes Topchamp, IT'S CHRISTMAS! My most favorite time of the year!

Trav, I like I'll be home for Christmas too.. but O Holy Night.. is absolutely beautiful. I can hear Ronnie Milsap singing it now.

anc, I will be over shortly. Merry Christmas to you too.

Julie, I don't remember it, but I would love to hear it.

Thanks Coco, and Yes you MUST get in the Christmas spirit. NOW!!!!!

Am, you can still do the same list.... I don't care... and Thanks!

Twyla, your not crazy, but I have never heard the song either. I will go and see if I can find it though.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12/02/2006 6:19 PM) : 

#6 is my favorite Christmas song too :)

 

post a comment