Dixie's - Heart and Soul: How did he know?

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, March 03, 2008

How did he know?

Red Skelton made this in 1969. Here he is talking about when he was in grade school which was probably in the 1920's or 1930's. How would he know that in the future men would want to take out any words that mention GOD?

The monotony of the pledge is not what makes the people forget its meaning. It's the way politics have so destroyed the principles the pledge has told us to uphold. Few say it with passion anymore because few believe that's what the flag -actually- stands for.

If we could just go back and never fall from the grace of god ,we would all be better people and stronger as a community... Sisters and brothers as "ONE".



This is an inspiring speech. One that I believe we all can certainly use as inspiration. I really have to wonder, if my generation and all since, had felt the same way as this man about our country...would it be in the shape it's in right now??

I very seriously doubt it.

Oh and Roger from Idaho Daily Photo has awarded me was this...

My Blog Rocks!

Thank you so very much Roger and may I add that YOU ROCK TOO!!!

So who do I pass this on to??? Ummm.... let me see... I'll pass this on to

Julie from Julie's Jewels and Junque
Mo from It's a Blog Eat Blog World
Turnbaby from And As The World Turns
Kyra from The 108
Lynda from Are We There Yet
Desert Songbird from The Ice Box

Because Y'ALL ROCK TOO!!!!!!!!

SMOOCHES!
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 6:48 PM


Comments on "How did he know?"

 

Blogger Julie said ... (3/03/2008 8:35 PM) : 

WOOOO I got an award! YAY me!! Yay me!!!

**clears throat and steps up to the podium**

First of all I'd like to thank Dixie....for without her ummm....ummm....no I can't say that.....

**runs off stage filled with embarrassment**

(*) (*) Bwahahahhaa!!!

 

Blogger RW said ... (3/03/2008 10:56 PM) : 

It good to hear Red Skelton speech there & the pledge thanks for sharing that Dixie! And you so "ROCK"!!!

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (3/04/2008 12:53 AM) : 

You are AWESOME!! Smooch!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (3/04/2008 6:18 AM) : 

I love Red, this is something everyone should see, you rock.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (3/04/2008 7:27 AM) : 

It's a great routine. Politics is what put "God" into the Pledge in the 50's. Cheers Dixie!!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (3/04/2008 10:23 AM) : 

YAYYYY!!!!!!! I got an award!!!!!

You are so sweet, doll :-)

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (3/04/2008 4:00 PM) : 

Excellent clip there darlin...

ummmm we were supposed to award people with the award?

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (3/04/2008 4:44 PM) : 

I've heard it before, but I'm always glad to hear it again... have a great week hon... stay warm, it's gonna get cold...


Hmmmm... maybe you can get some snuggle time in with your sweetie!
:-D)

 

Blogger Linda said ... (3/04/2008 5:36 PM) : 

Red Skelton was always one of my grandfather's favorites and it's easy to see why. Maybe they need to play this clip in schools!

Thank you so much for the rockin' award! It's wicked awesome!

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (3/04/2008 6:26 PM) : 

I revere the flag...you know that. And I appreciate those who revere "God and country".

But I believe that those things are separate. My reverence for "one nation, indivisible..." is no less profound than those who choose to combine "one nation, under God, indivisible...".

I don't believe that adding those words "under God" constitutes a prayer. But I do believe that it is wrong to force anyone to recite those two words when the words don't have relevance in that person's life. It presupposes that we all believe the same thing, and we don't.

We are one nation of many people and beliefs, and we can only be indivisible when we are tolerant of each other's different beliefs. I believe that is what our constitution protects, and I believe that is what our flag represents.

 

Blogger Mo and The Purries said ... (3/04/2008 7:33 PM) : 

Aw thanks, Dixie!
And I never knew what the big deal about the pledge of allegiance was - I mean, to me, it's about being patriotic, not religious!

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (3/05/2008 8:20 AM) : 

Awww, thanks darlin'!

You know, I still get shook up saying the pledge. Whenever I'm at school volunteering, and the morning pledge comes over the PA system, I always stop what I'm doing, stand still with my hand over my heart, and saying it with reverence.

Speaking of reverence, I've been watching "Marine Week" on the Military Channel. Still chokes me up, seeing how young, hard core Marines are made. I attended a wedding Friday night, and the groom's brother was his best man and is a corporal in the USMC. He stood stock still in his dress blues, fully at attention with no smile. I was bawling the minute I saw him. What a courageous man.

Hope your Marine is doing well.

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (3/06/2008 5:24 PM) : 

Wooo! I love Red Skelton! I always liked his skit about the rabbits! LOL

 

post a comment