Dixie's - Heart and Soul: As for us.... We are safe.

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, February 07, 2008

As for us.... We are safe.

Thanks to all of you who have e-mailed me since Tuesday night. What a wicked night of storms. There are no words to describe the devastation that has hit not only Tennessee but Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Kentucky.

Most of you know that I live in a very small community of 365 people. Everybody knows everybody and if one of those tornados had come through this community it would have wiped it out.

There were two that was spotted to hit our small town head on. They didn't... one went round to the south of us and one went around to the north of us. We are blessed. There were so many more that wasn't. The one that went south of us is another small community which is only 4 miles down the road. The one that went north and hit is about 10 miles from my town. Again... we were blessed.

I'm sure everyone has heard of the tornado that hit Jackson, TN. I work in Jackson. I work about 3 - 4 miles from Union University which was heavily damaged. The tornado went right over our plant but did not touch it.

Please remember to keep all the victims of this tragedy in your thoughts and prayers.

If this is any indication of March and April... I'm moving somewhere else.

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:07 PM


Comments on "As for us.... We are safe."

 

Blogger Tug said ... (2/07/2008 8:10 PM) : 

So very glad to hear you're all right Dix...hang in there - thoughts & prayers to all in the area. My brother & his family were luck as well...

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (2/07/2008 9:27 PM) : 

great news, it must be a mess there now.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (2/07/2008 10:09 PM) : 

So glad you are okay... was thinking about you...

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (2/07/2008 11:48 PM) : 

I'm so glad you and yours are safe. I feel terrible for those college students, many of whom lost all of their possessions. Tragic.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (2/08/2008 7:42 AM) : 

Good to hear Dixie. Tornadoes have always scared the buh-jeebus out of me. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (2/08/2008 8:45 AM) : 

Hopefully the good thoughts and prayers being said generated a safe bubble around you sis.

Um... please don't mention storms and March in the same sentence...
:(

Love you!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (2/08/2008 10:19 AM) : 

Glad all is well with you and yours Dixie. Everyone in these affected areas are in my thoughts and prayers. Big hug. :)

 

Blogger Gail said ... (2/08/2008 8:32 PM) : 

Glad you're okay...love you

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (2/09/2008 7:59 AM) : 

It was a wild evening SugarBaby and I thought about you throughout the evening....Got a bit wild here also as we discussed...

HUGS

 

post a comment