Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Thursday, August 16, 2007



Thursday 13
Edition# - Unknown

Thirteen and then some questions and answers that I've sent to Matt. This is for him to complete and send back to me. I know he's busy and maybe this will help. If y'all can add anything to this let me know and I'll gladly add. This is for Phase I only. I have another set for Phase II. So let the questions begin...


1. When you stepped off the bus at MCRD, and placed your feet on the yellow footprints, your first thought was:

A. I’ve changed my mind and I would like to go home now.
B. I want my mommy!
C. Bring it on – OOHRAH!
D. Other (please explain) ________________________________.

2. The first time you and your SDI stood toe to toe, nose to nose, you:

A. Fainted.
B. Threw up.
C. Wanted to throw up.
D. Cried.
E. Repeated silently to yourself …..….”Find a happy place, find a happy place”.

3. What time do you get up in the morning?

A. O’dark thirty.
B. 7:00AM
C. 9:00 AM
D. Whenever we feel like it.
E. Other ___________.

4. What time do you go to bed?

A. 9:00 PM
B. Marine Recruits don’t need sleep OOH-RAH!
C. Other ____________.

5. When you received your inoculations you:

A. Fainted.
B. Went to the end of the line so you could do it again.
C. Other (please explain)___________________________.

6. Which answer best describes the notorious Parris Island sand fleas?

A. What sand fleas?
B. Oh my God! They’re all over me!
C. Mildly annoying.
D. Extremely annoying.

9. On a scale of one to ten, how would you rate the chow? _____________

10. What is the worst thing about boot camp so far?_______________________.

11. Article 86 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice prohibits:

A. Making fun of the SDI behind his/her back.
B. Absence without leave.
C. More than a five minute break, after 10 minutes of one-armed push-ups.

12. During Upper Body Strike training you:

A. Came out all bruised and battered.
B. The other guy/girl came out all bruised and battered.
C. Other (please explain)__________________________________________.

13. On training day 9, Throws and Falls you:

A. Threw your SDI flat on his back.
B. Your SDI threw you flat on your back.
C. Other (please explain)____________________________________________.

14. When the SDI is in your face screaming, you should:

A. Grin and bear it.
B. Not laugh as they would not be amused.
C. Look him/her right in the eye.
D. Other (Please explain)_________________________________________.

15. When the DI yells your name at the top of his/her lungs, you:

A. Hide
B. Pretend you have amnesia and don’t know who you are.
C. Ignore him/her and continue what you are doing.
D. Snap to attention.
E. Grovel in fear.
F. Other (please explain)___________________________________.


16. The moment a DI walks on deck, what does everyone say?

A. Howdy!
B. Run for your lives!
C. S’up dog?
D. Other (please explain)___________________________________.

17. During bayonet training you:

A. Pretended the dummy was your SDI.
B. Had way too much fun stabbing the dummy.
C. Both A and B.

18. When you have Fire Watch, it means you get to:

A. Make sure no one plays with matches.
B. Be the one playing with matches.
C. Build a big bonfire and roast marshmallows.
D. Other (please explain)_____________________________________________.

19. What color belt do you earn for the Marine Corps Martial Arts Program?

A. Purple
B. Tan
C. Pink (female recruits only)
D. Blue

20. For Phase I, if you could pick one word to describe your boot camp experience so far, what would it be? ________________

I'll let y'all know the answers once I get them!

SMOOCHES~


Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:58 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8/16/2007 9:14 AM) : 

I can't wait to find out the answers LOL! GREAT questions Sugarbaby!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8/16/2007 9:29 AM) : 

That's GREAT!

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (8/16/2007 10:22 AM) : 

This will be cool. I can't wait to see his response.

Have a good Thursday, Dixie.

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (8/16/2007 10:25 AM) : 

great questions dixie!

smiles, bee

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8/16/2007 10:53 AM) : 

Sits down hoping the sand fleas don't get me and waits for the answers to be posted....

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (8/16/2007 1:06 PM) : 

Sometimes, Bagwine, Ohio is not such a bad place to be. Good Luck Matt and Cheers!!

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (8/16/2007 3:29 PM) : 

I think I know the answer to most of them......

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (8/16/2007 3:39 PM) : 

What an awesome idea. You are just so clever. I can't wait to see his answers. Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Did I tell you how proud I am of Matt? Well, I am mighty proud. Have a great day Dixie. :)

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (8/16/2007 5:41 PM) : 

Ann, I can't wait for the answers either.

Busy, thanks

Tish, you have a good Thursday too. One more working day.. ;-)

Mrs. Bee, thanks.. he'll be amused.

Vinny, I hope you have found a comfy spot. It may be a while... HEY... WATCH OUT FOR THAT FLEA RIGHT THERE BESIDE YOU!

Matt, I'm sure it's not.

Sarge, I would be willing to be you know some of the answers too.

Sandee, I just lurves ya girlie. I do believe you are almost as proud of Matt as I am. Are we related? ;-)

SMOOCHES ALL~

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/16/2007 7:23 PM) : 

I think I know the answers, based on talking to buddies. I'll be looking forward to seeing if I'm right.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (8/16/2007 9:03 PM) : 

OMG... Please post his answers the minute you get them...LOL. You're a GREAT mom...lol.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (8/17/2007 8:03 AM) : 

Trav, I think I know the answers too but I wanted to see his response.. ;-)

Dana, You likey??? *giggles*

Kyra, Oh believe me, I will post the answers... thanks

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (8/17/2007 9:22 AM) : 

Bwahahaha! This is great! Lookin' forward to his response! :D

 

Blogger Special K ~Toni said ... (8/18/2007 8:12 PM) : 

Those are fabulous!

 

post a comment