Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, August 07, 2007

I get home today and I have a letter from Matt!!!! It's short and sweet but at least it's something.

I tried to get it to upload but Blogger didn't like it... so here is what it said ...


Hey mom,

I know I haven't wrote you yet but I've been real busy. I know this won't be long because I don't have long to write, but I just want to say I love y'all and I'm doing great.

Matt

P.S. Send me the bible Momma Ann gave me, and send me Uncle Chris', Justin, Nana and Grandmother's addresses.

I love y'all

The letter was post marked August 3. So this was after his wanting to come home. He should be getting our letters by now.

I know he's busy and doesn't have much time to write but at least it's something.

In my opinion, if he still felt the same as he did last Wednesday he wouldn't have said that he was great... do you?

SMOOCHES~
Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 8:11 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Linda said ... (8/06/2007 9:40 PM) : 

The first week is always the toughest at boot camp; I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I wanted to go home during mine!

Sounds like he is doing much better. Yay Matt!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8/07/2007 6:53 AM) : 

GREAT NEWS! He is fine SugarBaby....

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (8/07/2007 8:13 AM) : 

I'm happy for you. Short and sweet. I'm sure any letters from him are a joy. I got to get something to him, but he'll have to wait until my payday.

 

Blogger Anndi said ... (8/07/2007 8:45 AM) : 

He's fine, he wouldn't lie to his momma!

No matter what, we're proud.

 

Blogger Maryfly said ... (8/07/2007 11:00 AM) : 

yup, he's fine - sounds like he got over his homesickness. I'll still send the postcards I got him.

miss you! smooch!

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (8/07/2007 11:06 AM) : 

Oh, GOOD!!!! I am so glad to hear this :-)

He is fine.... !!!

 

Blogger Maggie Moo said ... (8/07/2007 11:48 AM) : 

I think the fact that it didn't say, "COME AND GET ME NOW" is a great sign.

He'll pull through...

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/07/2007 12:21 PM) : 

Dixie, this is encouraging news! I'll get another note out to him today.

 

Blogger Schmoop said ... (8/07/2007 1:20 PM) : 

It sounds like things are looking up. Cheers!!

 

Blogger Simply Bananas said ... (8/07/2007 3:54 PM) : 

As a former Marine myself, I can assure you he is in good hands and the Man that returns will make you thankful for him joining.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (8/07/2007 7:53 PM) : 

It sounds like he has adjusted well Dixie, I know he will be just fine.

but you will still be mama and your job is to worry about stuff.

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (8/07/2007 8:07 PM) : 

He's going to be fine. Just take a breath and let all that tension out. I need to send him another letter before we go to the boat this week. Consider that done. Heck I even sent him some stamps... Smoooooooches. :)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/07/2007 8:12 PM) : 

Excellent!

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (8/07/2007 9:36 PM) : 

So glad to see this post! :)

Glad to know you've heard from him.

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8/08/2007 7:03 AM) : 

CONGRATS on your Bestest results darling and ty for being a friend to The Couch
Smooch

 

Blogger Empress Bee (of the high sea) said ... (8/10/2007 2:26 PM) : 

being away from home is major but see he is adjusting now and will be fine honey...

smiles, bee

 

post a comment