Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I so look forward to getting the mail now. It's takes everything I've got to get through the day... anxious to get home to see if I have a letter.

I have another letter today!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO ... and here is what it said...

Hey momma,

Everythings going great! Coming during the summer wasn't half bad. They have a thing with flags like green flags, yellow flags, red flags and black flags. On red and yellow flags all we can do is go from Point A to Point B and black flags we can't nothing. Have you gotten any of my letters yet? I've wrote about 5 or 6. Remember how all of us thought that the beds were gonna suck? Well, they're not that bad. It's a regular mattress on a bunkbed, but it's nothing like home. I've lost 10lbs since I've been here. I'm constantly sweating no matter what I'm doing. Just like now I'm sitting down writing and I'm sweating my ass off. Even though you said I could get a crotch rocket, I'm thinking of trading my truck in and getting a full-size truck, 4x4 or something. The weeks are flying by now. It seems like yesterday it was my birthday and it's been a week. Before I know it I'll get to see y'all again. Well the DI just called 5 minutes left for free time and I gotta go but I'll write again when I have a chance. I love all ya'll and give Grandmother a hug and kiss for me.

Your future Marine,

Matt

This definitely makes a moms heart rest much better. I like these kind of letters. He's going to make it!!!! In 9 weeks he'll be a Marine!

Thanks to all y'all for all your support. I couldn't have gotten this far without y'all!

SMOOCHES~

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:41 PM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8/14/2007 12:05 AM) : 

Woooo! Oh Dixie darling he sounds wonderful....don't you think?

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (8/14/2007 12:53 AM) : 

Great letter! Sounds like he's gonna earn that title, "Marine."

Send me his address so that I can send him a note!

 

Blogger Vinny "Bond" Marini said ... (8/14/2007 6:33 AM) : 

ONCREDIBLE LETTER....He is going to make it.

 

Blogger Liz Hill said ... (8/14/2007 8:09 AM) : 

Sugarbaby that is AWESOME!!!!

I know you are so happy.

Smooch

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (8/14/2007 9:06 AM) : 

And here lies a diference I'm noticing between the army and marines....

he is referred to as a marine recruit and keeps saying "future marine" but in the army, you are a soldier the minute you put those dog tags on.

Future marine. Pppppft. I don't care what the norm is. I say he's a fucking Marine right now. Why do they do that???

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (8/14/2007 9:20 AM) : 

Julie, yes he does sound wonderful. I can hardly wait until 10/19.

Desert, it really does sound like he's gonna make it, doesn't it? I sent you the addy in e-mail.

Vinny, He is, he is, he is...

Turn, I'm happier than pigs in slop.. ;-)

Kyra, I think they don't consider them Marines until they have finished that rough rigorous 13 weeks of training.

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (8/14/2007 9:32 AM) : 

you got yourself a regular trooper there lady, you can be proud.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (8/14/2007 11:05 AM) : 

Yes Sarge I do... and I'm unbelievably proud...

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/14/2007 2:04 PM) : 

You're a recruit and a future Marine or just a boot until you finish the Crucible at the end of boot camp.

Also, every Marine is a rifleman. So until you qualify as a rifleman, you can't be a Marine.

The title of United States Marine is earned. No offense to Sailors and Soldiers and Airmen, but Marines are just a little different.

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (8/14/2007 2:07 PM) : 

Thank you Trav for the comment. I didn't know they were called "boot" too and I didn't know about the rifleman status...

You are soooooo smart... that's why I lurves ya oh Mysterious Hottie you... ;-)

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (8/14/2007 3:12 PM) : 

our future marine... I like how that sounds!

 

Blogger Barb said ... (8/14/2007 4:18 PM) : 

What a nice letter! I can imagine how lost you are without him. ♥

Next week is a "Tails" theme!

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (8/14/2007 4:24 PM) : 

What a great letter. I think he is going to do fine. He will look very different when he comes home to visit. He will be a lean, mean machine. He will also be a man. I so remember. Smooches back my wonderful friend. :)

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/14/2007 7:41 PM) : 

I'll bet he had to pause a minute when he signed his name. They become conditioned to refer to themselves as "this recruit" instead of saying "I" or "me".

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (8/14/2007 7:59 PM) : 

Sounds like Matt's settled in well, and I'm happy that you're both in a good place. Hugs!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (8/14/2007 8:44 PM) : 

Dixie, you must be so incredibly happy and proud of your son right now and that is just oozing right off of your blog and onto my computer screen! I am so happy for the both of you.

Travis is so very right. The Marines are a breed unto themselves in the United States military and I truly believe that any of us who have ever served have always acknowledged that and admired it.

You've got to earn the right to be called a Marine but once a Marine, always a Marine and that gives a person bragging rights for life (not to mention bragging rights for Mom, too!). Not a lot of people can do it but I firmly believe that Matt is well on his way to proving that he is definitely one of the few and the proud.

Also, thank you so much for leaving a comment on my friend Cyndi's blog. She was just blown away by the support and encouragement of people who don't know her. Which is what I was hoping! I believe that there is strength in numbers and I thank you for being one of those very special numbers.

Smooches back at ya!

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (8/14/2007 9:25 PM) : 

That's a great letter! I'm so glad that you're getting to hear from him. :)
It sounds like he's doing great.

 

Blogger Tug said ... (8/15/2007 10:20 PM) : 

How awesome to read!! He's going to be just fine...& why wouldn't he? He's your son after all. Many ((hugs)) to you Dix...

 

post a comment