Dixie's - Heart and Soul

The Candles Are Lit
For Matt - Be Safe
Matt & Mom Together Always
Best viewed in 1280 x 1024 resolution using Firefox
Click to get yours!





My blog is worth $253,066.76.
How much is your blog worth?



































Locations of visitors to this page








Credits

Template By Caz
Powered by: Blogger

Modified: 2007VEM


Military Airfare Reduction
Give Our Military A Break
Click The Plane
Sign The Petition

With All My Love and Pride
My Photo
Name:
Location: Tennessee, United States

I'm a 40 something single mother of 2 - Matt, a United States Marine, who is married to the most beautiful girl in the world, Ashley and Kaitlin 14 going on 21, need I say more... two grandchildren, Tyler and Jordyn who is the applie of Mimi's eye... I have the most wonderful man in my life right now. Tony is my true soulmate. I am so happy with my life.... it can't get any better than this!

Get your own free Blogoversary button!
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 License.


Soul Patrol Gang
Daily Reads
Recent Thoughts
Past Memories


Monday, August 13, 2007

I am loosing my mind! I have a horrible case of CRS or is it Alzheimers! I can't remember.. or maybe I dreamed it... I DON'T KNOW!!! Please somebody refresh my memory...

WHO SENT THE STAMPS TO MATT???

I was writing him last week and wanted to remind him to send a thank you note to whom ever sent him the stamps and for the freakin life of me I CAN'T REMEMBER...So if you have sent stamps to Matt, please let me know... Thank you very much...

Next order of business... I GOT ANOTHER LETTER FROM MATT.... Here is what it said...

Mom & everyone back home,

Thanks for the card. I really appreciate it. Once again I'm pressed for time so this letter won't be that long. Tell everyone I love them and that I miss everyone. O yea just in case you're wondering Boot Camp is kind fun at times once you get passed all the bullshit Drill Instructor games. But I gotta go I'll write again soon.

Love,
Matt

I do believe that he is going to be ok... That just totally made my Friday when I got that.

Oh by the way, went shopping this weekend at Wal-Mart and lookie what I found.... ;-D)~



Happy Monday!

SMOOCHES!

Proudly Brought to You by Dixie 7:55 AM


Comments on ""

 

Blogger Sarge Charlie said ... (8/13/2007 8:39 AM) : 

Nice mirror, sounds like the young man is getting himself adjusted, smile.

 

Blogger the Book of Keira said ... (8/13/2007 9:53 AM) : 

Dean said the same thing about boot camp... oh and by the way, last week you took off Matt's address and I thought it was wierd and so I asked if that was something to be concerned about. I was told by the US Army that it's just fine to post his address online as it's not a combat zone and there is no need to worry about compromising his position at Parris Island...lol.

I'm so glad that he seems to be doing so much better!!!

 

Blogger Meribah said ... (8/13/2007 10:51 AM) : 

That is some mirror! LOL

 

Blogger Sandee said ... (8/13/2007 10:56 AM) : 

I'm the one who sent him stamps...

I too love the mirror and wish I could see that body in mine. Smoooooches...

 

Blogger Lee Ann aka Dixie said ... (8/13/2007 11:11 AM) : 

Sarge, yes it does appear he's adjusting wonderfully...

Kyra, I'm glad he's doing better too. Yes, I took his addy off because I got spooked. If you need it again just let me know and I'll give it to you...

Meri, Wonder what that mirror could do to a puppy??? ;-)~

Sandee, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU... I'm not going crazy after all... I didn't dream it...I'm sending him the reminder today.

 

Blogger Mimi Lenox said ... (8/13/2007 11:37 AM) : 

Dixie - Your blog looks wonderful. So classy and so you and so inspiring.

Now, where can I get one of those mirrors?

 

Blogger Desert Songbird said ... (8/13/2007 4:35 PM) : 

See, Mama? I done told you that Matt would be fine if he could just gut it out the first couple of weeks. So glad he wrote you.

Speaking of, I couldn't get a line off to him during vacay, so could you send me his address?

azdice AT gmail DOT com

Thanks, darlin'!

 

Blogger Amazing Gracie said ... (8/13/2007 6:43 PM) : 

I'm definitely going shopping for a mirror like that!!!
I'm glad Matt's doing better...
Makes a mom's heart rest easier.
~~~Blessings~~~

 

Blogger Travis Cody said ... (8/13/2007 7:43 PM) : 

HA!

That's great news from Recruit Caffrey. I'm glad to hear he's finding the fun - and he already appears to have the attitude! DI bullshit??

LOL!

 

Blogger Linda said ... (8/13/2007 8:31 PM) : 

Ah yes, bullshit Drill Instructor games, I remember them well to this day! Good for Matt, it sounds like he is doing just fantastic!!

As for you my dear, if you think CRS is bad wait until you get the more advanced form - CRAFT!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (8/14/2007 12:07 AM) : 

Oh baby! You look so hawt!!

 

Blogger K.M. Saint James said ... (8/14/2007 3:02 PM) : 

Oooh, where is your Walmart? Gotta get me one of those mirrors.

Hey, do you think they make the mirrors into eye-glasses? My hubby would think I look great.

 

Blogger Crazy Working Mom said ... (8/14/2007 9:27 PM) : 

How sweet of Sandee! What a great idea. :)

That mirror...it is NICE! IF it could just make me like that instead of make me think I look like that. heh heh heh

 

post a comment